FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup Final (merged)

ICTPaisley

QotS v ICT Reaction Thread - 47 replies.

A thread about supporting County in the Final of the SC - 198 replies.

Priorities eh lads?

Wasn't at the match and said what I needed to in the relevant threads, still fecking annoyed at the amount of so called ICT fans ready to help C*unty steal our potential fans and add to our demise (should it happen), we can still win the league but the bigger picture is more important. Priorities RiG.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ohmy:

Nothing like a good knee jerk reaction is there?

:lol: Nothing like a good wind up, but seriously how could an ICT fan think about supporting them? Honestly I really am ashamed of the fans we have at times. Sometimes, in the dark recesses of my mind, I wish I had gone over the bridge at the merger. They really do have a more "football fan" like following than the ultra-PC up their own @r$es shyte we seem to have been saddled with.

Wish you were C*unty, you only wish you were C*unty. They wouldn't have you though you soft @rsed bunch.

SMEE/BIRDOG, any chance you two could get a room **uncouth remark removed** instead of subjecting us all to the nauseating display of ego stroking you are both partaking of in this thread?

Sure thing, as soon as you and IHE vacate the "let's start a rebellion" love parlour, we are in.

:ohmy:

Nothing like a good knee jerk reaction is there?

:lol: Nothing like a good wind up, but seriously how could an ICT fan think about supporting them? Honestly I really am ashamed of the fans we have at times. Sometimes, in the dark recesses of my mind, I wish I had gone over the bridge at the merger. They really do have a more "football fan" like following than the ultra-PC up their own @r$es shyte we seem to have been saddled with.

Wish you were C*unty, you only wish you were C*unty. They wouldn't have you though you soft @rsed bunch.

Why would i wish i was County? I've been an ICT fan from the start and that isn't changing. All i meant by "support" was to be in their end. If they didn't win the cup i wouldn't be bothered, but i'm also not going to be bitter about the situation they are in. They beat Celtic 2-0 and deserve to be there and well done to them. Going to the cup final also does not help us lose fans, fans can't just jump ship and if they do then they obviously don't support their team enough by either buying merchandise or through gate receipts, these are the part time supporters you talk of. Not fans taking in a cup final because a highland team has made it. This sort of fan wouldn't be missed by ICT at all. Who would have thought that would have happened 20 years ago, its a massive feat.

It just happens to be County that beat Celtic yesterday but i'd have been the exact same if it was any other small team that beat Celtic.

I can't for the life of me see what would be wrong with fans of any other team going to a cup final, two weeks after their own teams have stopped playing, to watch football and to cheer on one or other of the two teams competing.

When I'm not at matches involving my own team I often go and watch other games. I go to McDairmid now and again. I've gone to Falkirk. Montrose. Even Dundee. I also watch football on tv regardless of who it is playing. I enjoy football. I enjoy the buzz of being at a match. None of that makes me any less of an ICT supporter. I may well go to the final and I may well chose a team to cheer on. That doesn't make me any less of an ICT supporter.

I'm a supporter of ICT and a fan of football.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

I can't for the life of me see what would be wrong with fans of any other team going to a cup final, two weeks after their own teams have stopped playing, to watch football and to cheer on one or other of the two teams competing.

When I'm not at matches involving my own team I often go and watch other games. I go to McDairmid now and again. I've gone to Falkirk. Montrose. Even Dundee. I also watch football on tv regardless of who it is playing. I enjoy football. I enjoy the buzz of being at a match. None of that makes me any less of an ICT supporter. I may well go to the final and I may well chose a team to cheer on. That doesn't make me any less of an ICT supporter.

I'm a supporter of ICT and a fan of football.

Alex my maw was from Methven, love going to Mcdiarmid, in fact during the 89-90 season I considered myself to be a bit of a Saintee. Great wee place but the terracing at Muirton was far superior for atmosphere, swapping ends at half time.

It's the same old rubbish from Birdog a.k.a the only "real" fan of ICT.

Birddog "I wish I had gone over the bridge at the merger. They really do have a more "football fan" like following than the ultra-PC up their own @r$es shyte we seem to have been saddled with."

It's like groundhog day with you. You stuck Rev infront of your name after again pushing it with people on this forum but it's the same old nonsense from you. You think the answer to everything is to swear and condascend And, if things don't go your way, personal insults, including on this topic saying i wasn't intelligent enough to have a conversation with. What kind of response is that? I said my hometown was the highlands and you reply with that? I went to school in Fort William, grew up in Invergarry, lived in Inverness, and now Skye. Course i don't think Highlands and Islands is a town, but as usual, that;s your favourite post, isn't it?

I'm sorry you have been saddled with fans that are "...ultra-PC up their own @r$es shyte" but last i heard you weren't ICT so you can get off your soap box bleating about how everyone else apart from you is a part-timer.

Anyway, you can continue insults as much as you want, but i won't be posting re this again.

Right, its Dun Utd! if RC win, would Caledonian stadium host their game??

Wow, I've been away for a nice drive and stopped for a lovely pub lunch, relaxed by the sea and come home and you're still at it. Why don't we all just agree to disagree. We are all ICT fans with different ideas of what a fan is. As long as we keep supporting ICT then that's all that matters. Mods, this might be an ideal time to close the thread???????

Wow, I've been away for a nice drive and stopped for a lovely pub lunch, relaxed by the sea and come home and you're still at it. Why don't we all just agree to disagree. We are all ICT fans with different ideas of what a fan is. As long as we keep supporting ICT then that's all that matters. Mods, this might be an ideal time to close the thread???????

I did suggest this a few pages ago!

Caley , Celtc , St Johnstone and ICT are there any more Scottish teams to add to your list of teams you've supported :blink:

More shirts than Mo Johnston me, but throughout I have supported Caley. Gave up on the Celtic when my cousin was hit by a car bomb in Eniskillen and heard what the Celtic fans were singing when I stood in the jungle the following Saturday, was following Caledonian at the same time as my school football coach was Freddy Neild and Bobby's wife was my English teacher, like I say went through a Saints phase when I gave up on the bigoted shyte but never went to too many matches as I was following Kingussie Cammanachd and Caledonian FC. No more football teams to add to the list though. Any more questions?

EDIT- Forgot to add that I played a wee bit of rugby union for Craig Dunain during the 89/90 and 90/91 seasons too, so I suppose you can add them to the list, my football supporting attendance dropped a little then, would you like to hold that against me too?

Edited by Revbirdog

Any fan who wants to go to a cup final to support their biggest rivals is a disgrace to their club. I cant belive this is being discused. Would this happen with any other club? No, would it f***. Embarasing.

By the way, are you all going to join in when they sing 'stand up if you hate Caley' like they did for most the match against Hibs?

I just have to ask, are you really as thick as your user name suggests? Your post seems to imply that to be a resounding YES

It's the same old rubbish from Birdog a.k.a the only "real" fan of ICT.

Birddog "I wish I had gone over the bridge at the merger. They really do have a more "football fan" like following than the ultra-PC up their own @r$es shyte we seem to have been saddled with."

It's like groundhog day with you. You stuck Rev infront of your name after again pushing it with people on this forum but it's the same old nonsense from you. You think the answer to everything is to swear and condascend And, if things don't go your way, personal insults, including on this topic saying i wasn't intelligent enough to have a conversation with. What kind of response is that? I said my hometown was the highlands and you reply with that? I went to school in Fort William, grew up in Invergarry, lived in Inverness, and now Skye. Course i don't think Highlands and Islands is a town, but as usual, that;s your favourite post, isn't it?

I'm sorry you have been saddled with fans that are "...ultra-PC up their own @r$es shyte" but last i heard you weren't ICT so you can get off your soap box bleating about how everyone else apart from you is a part-timer.

Anyway, you can continue insults as much as you want, but i won't be posting re this again.

Oh away and complain to the mods.

i can now through gritted teeth congratulate county on their win and agree with the comment above that there's nothing wrong with going to the final as an event , to cheer on one of the teams , BUT, this is not normal circumstances for me.

there's no ******* way i could have the brass neck to support county in the final, even if i wanted them to, and i dont . i know quite a few county fans and we always exchange some banter, but i'd never live it down if i was seen within 30 miles of hampden come cup final day.

well done county, come on you arabs

Any fan who wants to go to a cup final to support their biggest rivals is a disgrace to their club. I cant belive this is being discused. Would this happen with any other club? No, would it f***. Embarasing.

By the way, are you all going to join in when they sing 'stand up if you hate Caley' like they did for most the match against Hibs?

I didn't join in when our fans sang 'stand up in you hate County' at a Morton game so why would I join in with County fans.

As a fellow Lochaber man, though I've been away from there for a good few years, I know I should understand the question but, maybe the Invergarry dialect is not as well understood by a Speanite.

What the feck you mean? Why would TCS host a County game? And what game you referring to?

As a fellow Lochaber man, though I've been away from there for a good few years, I know I should understand the question but, maybe the Invergarry dialect is not as well understood by a Speanite.

What the feck you mean? Why would TCS host a County game? And what game you referring to?

:lol: I played for Lochaber shinty, the pride of Spean! Yeah, i didn't clarify that well. What im wanting to know is, if RC won the final, and had europa league qualifying fixtures, Vic Park isn't up to UEFA standards or is it? If it isn't would they play the fixture at Caledonian stadium? That would be interesting....is ICT's stadium readyok for that?

:lol: I played for Lochaber shinty, the pride of Spean! Yeah, i didn't clarify that well. What im wanting to know is, if RC won the final, and had europa league qualifying fixtures, Vic Park isn't up to UEFA standards or is it? If it isn't would they play the fixture at Caledonian stadium? That would be interesting....is ICT's stadium readyok for that?

Dont know what the Europa ruling is on stadium requirements.

Dont think the Roy Bridge boys would like to hear you refer to Lochaber Shinty Club as the pride of Spean. I remember many years ago when Lochaber fielded a number of Roy boys. Those players would meet in the bar of the Roy hotel at eleven, ready stripped with boots over shoulder. Sink a few till closing time at half two. Pile into a tranny van and head for Spean ready to start the match. They've come on a lot since them days.

I agree with everything Revbirdog has been saying on this topic. How could any ICT fan support County in the final just because they are from the Highlands!! I am gutted that they won yesterday as we will never hear the end of it if they win the final. I am going to swallow some pride however and state that on the day they played a very poor Celtic side off the park. Some people on this board are being very parochial about the whole thing. How could any ICT fan sit next to the Staggies and honestly shout for them it just does not make sense to me but maybe I'm just old school!!

How can any ict fans go and support them actually wanting them to win the cup is a disgrace and if you were a true ict fan instead of being on here saying your going to the final why did you not go to the team that you apparently support. Dumfries is 90 mins away from paisley why did you not go? And having to sit with county fans going down yesterday on the train it was horrible a bunch of horrible ba5tards.

I agree with everything Revbirdog has been saying on this topic. How could any ICT fan support County in the final just because they are from the Highlands!! I am gutted that they won yesterday as we will never hear the end of it if they win the final. I am going to swallow some pride however and state that on the day they played a very poor Celtic side off the park. Some people on this board are being very parochial about the whole thing. How could any ICT fan sit next to the Staggies and honestly shout for them it just does not make sense to me but maybe I'm just old school!!

Wouldn't ever shout for them, cou;dn't do that, so agree there. But by the same measure, I was happy for them to beat Celtic as they are an underdog, and i like to see the status quo broken, and see an upset. I wish them well, but i am not rooting for them in the final or wanting them to get into europe before ICT do. I just don't hate them in such a way as I wasn't unhappy to see Celtic lose, as the OF win lots and are usually shoe-ins.

I do wonder tho if the scenario of RC in Europa league would mean them asking ICT to play their eurpean games at Caledonian?

Ah yes, the Roy Bridge contingent only had a couple, with a lot coming from South laggan and Invergarry. That was because Glengarry had no youth team.