FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pitch Invasion Repercussions

Kyisback

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly a threat mate... an annoucement to remind fans not to invade the pitch DURING the game, when the game is over is a different thing all together.

I was on the pitch with everybody else at Ayr... after the game had finished, its when fans invade the pitch and disrupt the game that has serious implications for the club.

The fans hardly interrupted the game on saturday, they were all back over the fence in 30 secs, and im sure the stewards never worried for one second.

OK maybe "threat" was a bit strong but surely the fans don't need to be told to stay off the pitch DURING a match. It goes without saying, it is not permitted. We all know this therefore it shouldn't happen. Yes, you will always get one who will try it on but why does sheep mentallity then kick in? The fact that the club can be fined should be enough incentive to stop fans going on the pitch and the fact that they were only on there for a minute is irrelevent. If the stewards had been of a different nature there could have been trouble. All it takes is for one fan to react to a steward and you have the makings of a brawl. Now this may seem over the top to some but these things happen. As I mentioned in my last post, maybe I'm just too old. :cheer01:

I hate to spoil everyone's views that this was just a piece of over enthusiastic celebration but an unauthorised person entering the field of play is committing a specific offence in Scotland as doing so has been legally deemed a breach of the peace. I am no angel and can hardly lecture anyone but whenever I have misbehaved I have always been prepared to face the consequences, the consequences of doing what was done at Ayr could well be to receive a football banning order and as such I would be unwilling to do so my self, I am surprised that so many seemingly level headed fans of ours would wish to put their ability to see the flag unfurled at the first game of next season put at risk but that is their choice.

If you were there you would have been on the pitch too.. they opened the gates for the large and infirm, me? i managed to leap the fence, do a forward flip and land firmly on two feet to the applause of the steward wearing the ICT scarf.

If you were there you would have been on the pitch too.. they opened the gates for the large and infirm, me? i managed to leap the fence, do a forward flip and land firmly on two feet to the applause of the steward wearing the ICT scarf.

If that is true then gather as many witnesses to this action as you can and phone the club so that you can testify to this at the hearing the SFL have called, this action alone should remove any blame from ICT or their fans.

This is being blown out of perspective , ffs about 50 fans ran onto the pitch to celebrate a couple of goals at Ayr ( after the ICT players ran over and basically invited them to ) and were off the pitch quicker than it took the players to get back to their own half to restart the game . No big deal , it happens a lot every week , get over it .

Can confirm gate open well after final whistle.Didnt see who opened it. I think most of us are in agreement there is a difference to being on pitch during or after game. What happened at Ayr happened and I cant see it happening again this saturday so think we should move on and look forward to a great day on Saturday.

I was on the pitch with everybody else at Ayr... after the game had finished....

How old are you Caley100?

How did you get over the perimiter fence?

He got his leg over for the first time since the 2004 St Johnstone game.

I dont think we should be getting to upset here. I think that there will be celebrations and pitch invasions by various clubs' fans over the next few weeks. I'm pretty sure they wont all be fined/reprimanded etc. On the fans spilling onto the pitch celebrating a goal. I wouldnt worry too much as it seemed to happen every time in the SPL when somebody scored against us in Inverness.

Can't believe we're no allowed on the pitch :blink: Other clubs were allowed to so why not us? Plus Butcher said we could last week. I was speaking to someone from the redcross and they were all ready for a pitch invasion. But there's nothing we can do now

They've only said that you can't come on during the game, and also that you need to get off the pitch before they will present the trophy.

Precisely. AFTER the game it sounds like it will be tolerated, even expected, but DURING the game and it will not be tolerated. It doesnt matter if its 30 seconds and a couple of feet over the barriers or a full length run up the pitch with a swan dive in the centre circle it will get the club heavily sanctioned if it happens two weeks in a row. Not to mention the potential for an FBO that both I and Birdog have mentioned in this thread.

Can confirm gate open well after final whistle.Didnt see who opened it. I think most of us are in agreement there is a difference to being on pitch during or after game. What happened at Ayr happened and I cant see it happening again this saturday so think we should move on and look forward to a great day on Saturday.

Birdog has made a very good point. Did the club (Ayr) authorise the opening of the gates, which allowed fans to come on to the pitch?

At the end of the game perhaps but not for the two during the game.

Bottom line from various emails I have exchanged with folk this week is that the club want everyone to enjoy the party, but they want them to do it responsibly. If fans respect the request then there will be no problems and everyone should be able to enjoy themselves without getting arrested (unless they do something silly). However, anyone stupid enough to invade the pitch during the actual match this week - after all these words of wisdom and warnings - can expect to be severely dealt with by club and/or the authorities. As Birdog mentioned just above .... do you want to risk getting chucked out and a potential banning order that prevents you from seeing the flag unfurled next season?

I get the impression that the club pretty much expect a full scale invasion at the final whistle but if that happens, they would like it cleared quickly so they can get down to the final business of the day in presenting the trophy to the team in the centre circle. That wont go ahead until the pitch is cleared.

So the message is clear .... during the game, celebrate in the stands by enjoying yourselves and singing/chanting to your heart's content. Once the game is over, and only when its over, then its party time.

Those who did go on the pitch were only spurred on to do so by the players rushing towards the fans (not blaming either eagle or morrision because they deserve to celebrate). They were not sitting quietly and then had the idea that they could get the club a fine if they ran on the pitch. Right it shouldnt have happened but its entirely unfair to suggest those fans (and not so-called supporters, anyone who likes ICT is a fan!!!) entered the pitch just to cause the club problems. It was a spur on the moment thing and sorry you lying if you have never done anything in your life in the spur of the moment without thinking of the consequences. As you say your an older supporter how can you honestly say you wouldnt have done the same thing when you were their age. Doesnt stop the fact, people shouldnt be on the pitch during the game and I think people know this and wont do the same at dundee. Those who do try and go on the pitch I feel sorry for because they will have been caught up in the excitement of the day and it will end it possibly serious punishment for them. WE ARE FIRST DIVISION CHAMPIONS. LET'S JUST ENJOY OUR DAY :blink:

But did the players not get yellow carded for doing just that? Why would anyone expect the club would not also get punished...even if the invasion was "all in good fun".

Never quite understood the "getting caught up in the moment" mindset.....but then, I am one who, as a teenager, sat at the back of the Two Red Shoes in Elgin at a Herman and the Hermits concert and just listened to what music I could hear over the noise of the screaming numpties around the stage. :lol:

TBH, it's not as much the fact that the pitch was invaded during the match that irritated me........it happened, can't be changed, and if there are consequences, they will have to be suffered...by the club

What bothered me more, and which prompted my various posts in this and other threads is that relatively few seemed to see anything wrong with doing it...in fact some were even proud of it.

I'm sure a few fans will venture on to the park whatever the rules :lol:

Well to be honest with you, if they do DURING the match after all the warnings, then they deserve all they get and shouldn't complain when they get ejected.

what a load of pish.

yes the invasions after the goals were wrong but how often have we seen it at caley stadium.celtic fans did the same in the scottish cup when miller robbed us at the end.anyway , even if the club cop a wee fine i'm sure it'll be the sweetest fine they've ever had.

nothing wrong with storming the pitch after the game on sat though and thats exactly what i'll be doing :lol: