FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fans - 2 good, 2 bad

DoofersDad

It's party time so let's start with the bad and end on a positive note.

1 Bad. The club was happy to allow fans onto the pitch but not to climb all over the goals. I know there was lots of excitement but I am sure everyone could understand that was a moronic thing to do. Had the goals broken folk could have been injured and there could have been serious repurcussions. It could have ruined the fun for everyone else.

2 Bad. The number of "fans" who just can't help themselves from having a go at the players and criticising them. I know it wasn't the greatest of overall performances and one or two players were very poor today but hey! we've just won the league by 12 points having been 15 points behind at one point. What's to criticise? Despite it being the "Party at the Park" one moron close to me shouted "for F***s sake (players name) you're f***ing useless". It makes me worry just how quickly a large proportion of the crowd will start barracking the team next year when we aren't winning all the time. Please, if you must criticise players, go and watch County and criticise theirs.

1 Good. The real fans. Lots of singing and lots of different songs. It really lifts the players so keep it going in the hard times next season guys!

2 Good. Great to hear the high pitched cries of "Caley, Caley" coming from the South stand from the mouths of the youngsters who had been given tickets for the game. They are the future of the club so hopefully they enjoyed themselves and this will encourage them to be regular attenders in the years to come.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is your glass always half empty?? 2 posts you have made after the game what you have said miite be true but you should have left the downsides till sunday to post and concentrated on the great things about to-day . just my opinion

Overall the fans were superb and very well behaved, with just one dickhead overenthusiastic young fan risking spoiling the party.

When the fans moved down to the front with 6 minutes to go I did worry what would happen if we scored, but we'll never know how restrained they'd have been.

The appeals to clear the pitch and stay off it for the lap of honour were well adhered to and overall the fans were superb.

And yes the youngsters in the South Stand seemed to enjoy themeselves, I love those high pitched chants you get from kids!

is your glass always half empty?? 2 posts you have made after the game what you have said miite be true but you should have left the downsides till sunday to post and concentrated on the great things about to-day . just my opinion

No. What I have said is largely positive about a great day. Just noting that there were party poopers about.

Not quite clear how you think it's wrong for me to include a little objective criticism in my posts but it's OK for you to criticise me. It's Sunday now so hope you don't mind me saying this :D

No. What I have said is largely positive about a great day. Just noting that there were party poopers about.

Not quite clear how you think it's wrong for me to include a little objective criticism in my posts but it's OK for you to criticise me. It's Sunday now so hope you don't mind me saying this B)

sarcasm only works on people who are to stupid to understand it, i understand sarcasm

Section G were in immense form, from clapping Maurice Malpas on before the game right to the end, as I looked on from the safety of the main stand. Tbh, main stand right wing was very quiet, but then most, including myself were there for the first time in ages (I only got back to highlands last week after a few years abroad) and so its kind of understandable. That said, i let out a cry when Grant lifted the trophy, and it was alone and exposed as noone else did...that is a bit weird!!

Thought every fan celebrated just as TB wanted, and the craic was great. CK events did well, as did the club. Great day out. Bit worried when TB said a couple of players would be leaving....please please not Hayes. If as some are saying that was an off day, well, i cant wait to see an "on" day.

Edited for clarification

Edited by Kirishima

Haven't not been in the main stand for years, forgotten how quiet it was. Some people left at full-time :)

In future i'm going to sit a the very back of the mainstand and if I can't get though a game without being told to sit down, i'm off to the North stand. People round about us didn't even clap for the players as thier names were being announced, and some had left by that point!!!

For 5ive phucing minutes, we have just won the championship, one game short of our unbeaten record, 9 wins in a row, 6000 plus at a home game, 99.9% of them home fans, created history as the biggest turn around in points advantage ever, beat your closest rivals to the title, beat the team with all the money, and on the back of relegating a team the week before with what was the performance of the season away from home when they had already won the league and didnt need to perform. I dont know. Thought it was all very well behaved. More risk of a riot when Rob Stewart came out. Still more than most enjoyed the fact that it was our party and not Dundee's!

thats why were champions, thats why were champions, thats why were champions, thats why were champions!

In future i'm going to sit a the very back of the mainstand and if I can't get though a game without being told to sit down, i'm off to the North stand. People round about us didn't even clap for the players as thier names were being announced, and some had left by that point!!!

p085.gif Shocking!

Get ye to the North Stand - dat's where it's at f045.gif

I saw a couple of people leaving too but you have to bear in mind that they probably had to be somewhere else shortly afterwards.

Barrowman left early, any complaints about that ? we were 10 points behind Dundee then.

There were sweetie rustlers par excellence in the North Stand as well. Anyone who starts shouting at the stewards to evict someone for standing 30 seconds after kick off on a day like Saturday needs serious brain surgery.

I was in the North stand, looking forward to a party, sing along, a bit of craic, I was slitting my wrists and looking for the Sammaratins number by half-time. I have never sat with such a more miserable, intolorant, lacking in fun boring bunch of boring old and not so young numpties since I last went to church. In fact the church was more fun, and I was at a funeral.

The only saving grace was G section singing, some from the back of F, E and D. Oh and talking to some old farts at half time. :lol:

But to those around me in Row P, F section in front and behind me you have cost the club money because I will probably only make the 820 mile round trip once next season and spend my money on away days, where fans know how to support and follow the team with a smile on their face. So to all you miserable gits(especially if you wear a red bobble hat) :P

There were three old farts sitting in Row L, Section E that really were determined to spoil the atmosphere for everyone by actually telling us to shut up while we were singing songs.

If you read this gentlemen, might I suggest the Main Stand next season? Maybe leave your angry daughter and her spineless husband at home next time too, eh?

Edited by Jay_7

Lets play all our home games at Scumerset Park next season :lol::lol:

Lets face it - yesterday was always going to be a bit of an anti climax after already winning the league and the Ayr experience.

Yesterday was more about homage to the players, especially at full time - we could all go on the lash after Ayr - they had to wait till yesterday to let their hair down.

And feck me did they deserve it. :025: :025: :025:

Haven't not been in the main stand for years, forgotten how quiet it was. Some people left at full-time :lol:

We sat in the main stand on Saturday for the first time and to be honest it was more for a better view of the presentation at full time but I'll be going back to the North stand next season so I can sing and shout and get behind the players without feeling uncomfortable ............... I wasn't told to sit down but was waiting for it.

There were three old farts sitting in Row L, Section E that really were determined to spoil the atmosphere for everyone by actually telling us to shut up while we were singing songs.

If you read this gentlemen, might I suggest the Main Stand next season? Maybe leave your angry daughter and her spineless husband at home next time too, eh?

Know what you mean I sit in row J in section e and very rarely have folk behind us in the row behind. I stood up to clap Eric Odiambo going off and could hear the tutting from behind. I dont think this woman had ever been to a match in her life.

it was nice to see so many folk there but you wonder how long it'll be before they come back again. its back to the old problem of those who want to shout and sing not being able to sit together.

Agree with IHE in all my years of going to matches Ayr was the best. Away days are always so much better fun somehow.

Know what you mean I sit in row J in section e and very rarely have folk behind us in the row behind. I stood up to clap Eric Odiambo going off and could hear the tutting from behind. I dont think this woman had ever been to a match in her life.

That's the very wifey I was talking about. She was sitting in the row in front of her father and his cronies. I think it was half time that she properly kicked off at us and how we were all "a disgrace to the club".

That's the very wifey I was talking about. She was sitting in the row in front of her father and his cronies. I think it was half time that she properly kicked off at us and how we were all "a disgrace to the club".

She called you a disgrace to the club? That's shocking J. No wonder so many folk are planning giving up their season tickets and/or only planning the away games. I wish this lot would get a grip.

Well Jay if she is back next season Im moving my seat. Couldnt put up with that again.

Whilst it's good to get the attendance, the newbies/one offbees don't fit in with my plans for a day out at the FOOTBALL. I was in eden court the following night, I think they would have enjoyed that better. You get to dress up nice and people only clap when their supposed to.

Whilst it's good to get the attendance, the newbies/one offbees don't fit in with my plans for a day out at the FOOTBALL. I was in eden court the following night, I think they would have enjoyed that better. You get to dress up nice and people only clap when their supposed to.

Was this your first visit to TCS ? If not why on Earth didn't you get a North stand ticket ?