FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

signing for next season

dam17

Tade from Raith Rovers

I thought that Tade when he came on in Inverness for Raith did well...remember thinking that i was glad he was not on for whole game. Big physical direct sort of player,, good to take on for the last 20 mins or so to have a go at a tired defence. Its good to have two different sorts of striker. opposition set up to deal with Rooney who plays on the ground half way through second half we change to Tade type player, can cause problems. Similary I remember Dundee utd played with Wilkie at centre forward in Inverness.

Edited by Agent N

:lol: :015:

B) I think we are looking bare minimum of ?50k for the guy and for reasons already mentioned QotS could play hard ball and raise that figure. How much do you think we could get him for?

EDIT: Agent N do you mean Tade of Raith Rovers?

Edited by RiG

B) I think we are looking bare minimum of ?50k for the guy and for reasons already mentioned QotS could play hard ball and raise that figure. How much do you think we could get him for?

I'd hope Tel's being handed twice that from transfer fees... and with Tel incharge we could look a more attractive proposition than Dundee or St J. He'd be a terrific signing for us IMO

EDIT: I think 50k is reasonable but would go as high as 70k.

Edited by Harry Chibber

Thanks for spotting that Yes Raith Rovers...

For a powerful experienced striker Wayne Curtis has just been released from Morecambe.

I've seem him play for them plenty of times, good goalscoring record and capable of scoring some cracking goals.

I reckon he could cut it in the spl.......

If were to get any Morecambe striker i would want Phil Jevons, he's miles better than Curtis.

But going back to our targets, Tel was saying in the papers today that there will be trialists coming in again this summer...it always makes a pre season game worth the watch at least.

Would love to see Filipe Morais back at TCS. I think he would be great to play in behind Rooney. Apparently he is out of contract according toSt Johnstone fans on P & B. Would also take Pavels back.

:P :lol:

:blink: I think we are looking bare minimum of ?50k for the guy and for reasons already mentioned QotS could play hard ball and raise that figure. How much do you think we could get him for?

I'd hope Tel's being handed twice that from transfer fees... and with Tel incharge we could look a more attractive proposition than Dundee or St J. He'd be a terrific signing for us IMO

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Making any 'big' money signings was ruled out a few weeks ago by Bennett

P&J LINK

Free transfers for us me thinks

:P :lol:

:blink: I think we are looking bare minimum of ?50k for the guy and for reasons already mentioned QotS could play hard ball and raise that figure. How much do you think we could get him for?

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Making any 'big' money signings was ruled out a few weeks ago by Bennett

P&J LINK

Free transfers for us me thinks

depends what you would class as a 'big money' signing .... ?50 - ?100k isn't an unreasonable figure for Tel to be offered IMO... especially after gaining promotion in our rebound season and receiving the full benefit of the parachute payment

I'd say anything over 30k would be a big money signing for us! Given the current state of the game I doubt you will see many cash transfers at all this summer. Free transfers and loans will be the order of the day.

In terms of a striker Warren Feeney from Cardiff, who was on loan at Dundee Utd the season before last could be the perfect striker to fit the bill but I'm not entirely sure what sort of wage he would be on.

P&J Clicky

Well looks as though I was wrong on most counts...

Butcher's determined not to spend money on transfer fees so that rules out any hope I had of Bob Harris coming to the club :(

... I'm glad to be wrong about Tuffey though, it seems there is a definite interest from the player/agent to join us. Does that mean Esson is offski though?? I can't imagine either keeper being happy as the understudy if we had both

I know Esson is unhappy with the terms offered by the club, as I spoke to a player about it a fortnight ago. That's as much as I know though... I don't know if it is wage amount or length of contract that he's unhappy with.

I'd be devasted if he left though. He's had a fantastic season.

• 1 month later...

Well after watching the group stages of the World Cup, that North Korean striker Jong Tae-Sae looked a decent player. VFL Bochum from Germany were looking at him apparently.

Also, I see that guy who scored the first WC goal is without a club after being released by the Kaizer Chiefs. His name was Tshabalala or something. A doubt his wages would be too much and he could look at a club like ICT as a stepping stone to something bigger.

Its been confirmed here that ICT plans to announce two new signings next week and hope to have several British and European trialists coming over next week for the start of pre-season training.

CALEY Thistle manager Terry Butcher will have several players on trial next week when pre-season starts with the aim of discovering the next Jonny Hayes.

Butcher is not worried at the lack of strength in depth in his squad and, as well as running the rule over a host of trialists, he plans to announce the signing of two players next week.

:lol:

I look forward to seeing who are two new faces are.

Pre-season looks as though it will be really good this year, by being in the SPL we will attract a higher calibre of trialists, players who will really want to test themselves at a high level and by playing sides such as Valladolid and Antwerp we will see these guys really put through their paces.

Can't wait for it all to start. :lol:

Edited by ajsict92

I look forward to seeing who are two new faces are.

Pre-season looks as though it will be really good this year, by being in the SPL we will attract a higher calibre of trialists, players who will really want to test themselves at a high level and by playing sides such as Valladolid and Antwerp we will see these guys really put through their paces.

Can't wait for it all to start. :lol:

absolutely, this summer has only been bearable thanks to the world cup, will be glad once pre-season starts again and we start building for the coming season

CALEY Thistle manager Terry Butcher will have several players on trial next week when pre-season starts with the aim of discovering the next Jonny Hayes.

Butcher is not worried at the lack of strength in depth in his squad and, as well as running the rule over a host of trialists, he plans to announce the signing of two players next week.

That gives me the impression that these trialists might be wingers then, or a position Butcher is looking to enhance.

That gives me the impression that these trialists might be wingers then.

I think "the next Jonny Hayes" just means unearthing a player we've never heard of who goes on to become a star player for us.

... I'm glad to be wrong about Tuffey though, it seems there is a definite interest from the player/agent to join us.

No chance of him coming (P & J yesterday).

yeh was reading that today... shame, the 2 of them vying for a place would have been excellent for now and the future.

saying that, it's best we spend the majority of our wage bill on players that will impact the first team