FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Born 4 Sports

EWS

So a few weeks ago I decided to take up the official club shops offer of the discounted home shirts and ordered using their online service (as provided by Born 4 Sports). After waiting and waiting and waiting, it has not arrived and despite numerous emails to them and to 'the supplier' (which I assume is ICT) they seem to be ignoring all my communications.

Has anyone suffered anything like this, or indeed know which way I can go from here?

I just assumed that the web-site was not avaialable as it was being revamped for the new strip launch but it has been too long now so maybe the club is looking for a new host.

The ICT merchandise is still on the parent Born web-site but nothing new has been added.

ICTFC

Dunfermline previously used the same service but they have now changed their on-line supplier to aca sports so maybe Born for Sports have gone out of business or maybe the deal has expired but either way I guess the club just forgot to inform anybody that our on-line service would not be available for a while - I mean it is only the start of a new season and potentially the biggest televised game in the club's history fast aproaching - why would you need an on-line club shop service operating to generate more income.... :_shocked2:

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

There IS a problem with the online shop which is why the club stoppd linking to it. A new online shop is in the works but dont know much more at the moment.

The club are missing out on a good revenue source by overlooking this at such a lucrative period. Surely someone at the club had the responsibility for this and knows what is going on. Not a whingeing post, just want to shop online for some ICT stuff.

Not a case of overlooking things Kirishima.

In my opinion it is a case of seeing the repercussions of farming out virtually all aspects of their online presence to 3rd party providers and suffering the consequences when they (the 3rd parties) cannot meet or adhere to the expected service levels (thanks Mr Smith). The club - until now - have not been in control of their own product be that the shop, the website, the advertising, or virtually any other aspect of their online offering.

Having dropped a few bits of advice in Kenny's ear I can assure you that the club are more than aware of all this and can and will address this issue (for all areas of their web presence) but it cannot be done overnight.

Looking at just the shop and ignoring other areas of the website ...... To establish an online shop with a third party (whether that is their overall website provider or whether it is someone like the current shop site) usually involves agreeing to a percentage of the takings as a fee as well as a minimum contract length and the club will not want to jump from one to another where they might find themselves in the same boat. The other alternative is to bring it in-house and speaking from experience (having been involved in providing their first ever online shop), this requires even more work as there is a lot of configuration, tweaking and then data population to be done before you are anywhere near ready for a launch. You are also dealing with credit/debit cards over the internet and this is something you just cannot rush or f*** about with. It only takes one customer with compromised data to render the whole thing as unsafe.

Do what I do Kirishima - get a relative or friend to order it for you over there and get it posted ..... not ideal, but it works ! :_phone:

Scotty is spot on and the shop has been down for some time. If you have ordered directly from their site and paid them, I can assure you that neither your order or payment have been passed to us.

We have only become aware that they seem to still be accepting orders, so if you have had a problem please e-mail us at shop@ictfc.co.uk with the details, meantime we are looking into what's happening.

EWS, the ICTShop user account is not monitored on a constant basis and is used primarily for posting information from the shop on the forums. To ensure your situation is dealt with efficiently then I would e.mail them on the above address as instructed.

I would really like to thank the shop and Laura for their very quick result.

They have agreed to send me a shirt because of the problems that I had, as directed by Kenny. Many thanks, and a very quick and sincere result.

Well done.

• Agree 1

Just got a reply today from ICT saying the previous provider of the online shop has gone bust and they have no date for a new one. They do say they are working on it though.

Edited by wazzow