FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

a cap for Esson

Oldken27

i couldn't agree more. esson saved us from a hammering yesterday. i still don't understand why aberdeen (not that i'm complaining) let him go. a far better goalie than langfield and he makes the scotland squad fairly regularly.

Like all Aberdeen GKs for a while, he was in poor form. The Dons went through keepers like water at one stage. A number of them were pretty decent, before or after, but failed at Pittodrie.

I'd rather Esson and Cammy Bell called up than some reserve from Chelsea or Everton.

I thought Esson was sensational yesterday. The thing is though, Mark Brown had great performance after great performance a couple of years ago for ICT and seemed to have no chance of a call up. Esson already been called up once, and at this rate, should be again.

Esson - King

Gordon - God

McGregor - douchebag

Alexander - wont get a sniff at starting line up because as much as i hate him mcgregor will start when gordon is injured

Therefore esson wont get called up as he will be thought to be at 'too small a club' while marshall is at cardiff even though he is pretty crap

Does anyone honestly believe Esson is a better keeper than Macgregor , Gordon or Alexander ?

No, but I don't mean as the Scotland #1. Iain Turner has to play more competitive football before he's named in the squad again. Langfield is nothing special (thought he was a couple of years ago) and is probably a lesser keeper than Esson. I don't like the idea of a reserve keeper being in the squad - who knows what his form is like? I'd rather Cammy Bell as I thought he was outstanding last season.

ryan esson is a brilliant shot stopper but unfortunatly he is quite small so going up and punching the ball away is alot harder for him so he has to rely on his agility

however if we do well this season i think levein wont be able to deny him as 3rd keeper at some point because i dont see david marshall doing much for scotland im not suire levein likes him

Think he's as good as Alexander, but McGregor and Gordon are better IMO, that's why I said I could see him getting a place on the bench if Gordon's injuries keep re-occurring.

Agree.

ryan esson is a brilliant shot stopper but unfortunatly he is quite small so going up and punching the ball away is alot harder for him so he has to rely on his agility

He isn't that small. He's something like 6"1 or 2 which is about average for a keeper. Remember, Mexico had a keeper in the World Cup who was about 5"8, and their old keeper, Jorge Campos was only about 5"6!

:oops01:

he always looks small to me im only 5 ft 8 lol

i think he'd be worth a call to squad. Turner at everton has only played in friendlies for Everton and is their 3rd choice now they've signed the Slovakian keeper Mucha. Also I think David Marshall's in the dog house after Cardiff's antics in the lead up to the Sweden friendly on maybe i heard it wrong on the radio before k.o on wednesday