FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Saints fans damage seats

Row S

I see from today's Courier that a small element of away fans damaged seats on Saturday. To a degree I blame the stewards because they allowed the away fans to stand and not for the first time this season. Now when it comes to the home end our fans are usually made to sit down. Similarly, when you go to McDiarmid Park the Saints' stewards make you sit down. So why didn't our stewards wade in earlier and sort things out before the seats got damaged, "over-exuberance" or otherwise?

Edited by Row S
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

What exactly is the connection you imply between fans standing and seats getting broken?

I'm not saying that this happens every time fans stand and I know from experience of attending most ICT matches over the last 16+ years it poses no problems. However, in this situation and at the Elgin game a few weeks ago, as the actions of the away fans went unchecked they got more and more boistrous to the point that they then started to stand and jump up and down on the seats. Personally I have no problem with fans standing on the ground in front of the seats as long as they are not disturbing those who choose to sit or get completely out of hand as these Saints fans did on Saturday.

If we do have to replace some of the seats can we make sure the replacement parts are the same colour so we don't have another part of that stand looking like Section A with its red and white "I" ?

If we do have to replace some of the seats can we make sure the replacement parts are the same colour so we don't have another part of that stand looking like Section A with its red and white "I" ?

Probably they're run out of white ones. Any idea why that might be the case RiG?

I thought the Red and White "I" in the south stand was there to commemorate our recent scalping of the accies and to placate the boisterous Aberdeen fans. (Only when they're winning only though.)

In regard to the OP - maybe it's part of their campaign to bring back terracing.

Edited by Top Six Next Year