FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

CTO Sponsored HoverJet...

CaleyD

love it...though is it not going to make it even worse when you crash it and it breaks??? lol

Given the power in them, crashing is (was) inevitable.....first outing tonight and it already has a couple of battle scars.

Looks like fancy feckin slippers....

I wasn't impressed when I saw the pictures either, but the video sold me on it......

Since I already had Transmitter, Receiver, Batteries, Charger, Gyro (optional) etc, I got mine from HobbyKing in Hong Kong - http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16606

If you want/need a more complete package you can price it all up individually on HobbyKing or get it from UK retailer at http://www.rctoysuk.com/rtr-hsp-xstr-2-4ghz-brushless-rc-air-racer-hovercraft-h94126-14.html

These things are not toys. They are capable of speeds in excess of 30mph (some of been clocked at over 50mph) and you will destroy them or other things very quickly if they get out of control or out of range....which they can do in the blink of an eye. As I said, I had all the extra gear already from flying RC Planes so it was a cheap buy/bit of fun, but at around ?130 (plus batteries/charger) for the full setup it can end up being quite expensive. Batteries (Lithium Polymer 3S1P 2200mah) run at ?10+ each (rechargeable) and last 10 minutes or so in the model.

As I understand it, Axon Racing is no more and any models still available under that name are just stock that's still out there. The ones from HobbyKing are copies being produced under license.

It's actually decals as opposed to a direct paint job on this one, but they were designed, printed and applied by me. I did use a scan of the originals to give me a loose outline to ensure they would fit where they were suppose to go.

Deliberately meant to look like they were brushed on though...so I guess that worked out ok :lol:

Had it not been something that was likely to end up being bashed and crashed I might have invested the time in airbrushing it instead.