FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fixtures after the split

Alex MacLeod

What's more, as Charles has pointed out, with the fixtures all over the place, in order to fit our replay in against Celtic we could be left playing 5 games in 15 days!!!

To be fair Donald, it was Terry, who had seen the fixtures before I did, who pointed it out to me - and indeed to several others in the media where I expect the issue will be looming large tomorrow.

Just another couple of points...

Capital - I don't actually think there's a specific pot of money for this televised game. It's just one of those which make up ESPN's tally and their money gets divvied out according to the rules which the SPL will inevitably have for this. I actually suspect that this game and the later one at 4:15 that Easter Monday afternoon are being shown by ESPN quite simply because they have run out of Old Firm Away Days to show.

Gringo - I do think you are expecting just a little too much by also asking for a "nearby" fixture on the last day of the season. To be fair, the SPL does have a difficult enough job here without having to make allowances for end of season parties.

Having said that, though, I do believe that the SPL have totally missed out on what would have been the most popular fixtures scheduling of the season. Had they fixed a full SPL card for Friday 29th April with the same kick off time as the Royal Wedding they would have given a whole lot of people a golden chance to escape from it!

• Agree 3

I dont mind these fixtures for purely selfish reasons. The Aberdeen game is a home game for me as I am not back in Inverness for the summer yet and there are two weekday games for me to go to. Even though all the games from now on are basicly glorified friendlys.

Gringo - I do think you are expecting just a little too much by also asking for a "nearby" fixture on the last day of the season. To be fair, the SPL does have a difficult enough job here without having to make allowances for end of season parties.

Don't think it is asking a bit much, the only reason it can't be done is because the fixture card is dominated by the needs of the OF.

Don't think it is asking a bit much, the only reason it can't be done is because the fixture card is dominated by the needs of the OF.

'Difficult job' - my erse...as Don quite rightly says, its look after the OF and sod the rest. That's the SPL policy.

Im off the easter Monday game as it happens, however I work in Perth Royal Infirmary and we have already had our public Hols last week as I'm sure many other might have. Monday is a normal day so in terms of sts fans I'm sure there are a lot of them working in the hospital and obviously won't make the game. You would think the spl may consider these facts before moving a game. Any way I will be there hoping to beat the saintees to wind up my Perth friends and colleagues!

I am delighted! Could only make 2 more away games after the split. That was the 30th and 14th. If anyone is interested in one of our good old fashioned train trips north, we are planning Aberdeen on the 30th. There is currently friends fare available at ?45 for 3-4 people. Train leaves Glasgow at 0716 which is the only down side. If anyone is up for it, give me a message.

wish they would just tell us when the celtic game is. Someone told me the 3rd but that's when the Sponsors night is so surely they won't cancel the dinner.

You may very possibly have been unreliably informed once again Miss ICT!

As far as I am aware, by far the most likely date is May 4th although I would never 100% believe it until I saw confirmation from the SPL.

As it stands, May 3rd looks highly unlikely, given that Celtic have a game two days previously.

Charles mate, the SPL is predictably unpredicatble and I wouldnt put it past them to have the game on the 3rd...

Having said that, it is one side of the old firm we're playing, so the bias attitude toward them may well mean our game being the 4th.

Charles mate, the SPL is predictably unpredicatble and I wouldnt put it past them to have the game on the 3rd...

Having said that, it is one side of the old firm we're playing, so the bias attitude toward them may well mean our game being the 4th.

Read the post above your own junior. :arrowup:

Just confirmed the Celtic game will be played on Wednesday 4th May with a 18.00 kick off for television

Also worth noting that the St Johnstone game has been put back to a 7.45pm kick off on Easter Monday

Weather and pitches permitting, of course.

Yeah, better be prepared for the mass complaints from people who don't make it to the game on time due to A9 being backed up as far as Daviot and the City Centre being totally gridlocked. With it being TV game, little chance of kick-off being delayed until everyone is in the ground either.....in fact, on that basis, it wouldn't surprise me if the police intervene and not allow it.

Read the post above your own junior. :arrowup:

You'll note that the two posts were just 3 minutes apart Alex, so..... :nanananana::offtopic01: (he he)