FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Paul Cherry

Yngwie

Big Builders Bum

Stumbled across this former player (and before anyone says it, no, I was not googling for images of big builders bums).

When Paul played for ICT he also ran his own business as an independent financial adviser, which in turn enabled him to help players arrange pensions. He was then a fully registered FIFA agent. Then last I heard a few years ago, he was out working in Spain selling property to ex-pats.

And now this.

I remember the days when retiring pro footballers simply bought a pub!

This is probably a better idea than a pub! Less work and potentially more money. Can charge tradesmen a fee for membership and even a commission for jobs and the tradesmen will know they are finding a market that is actively looking for their skills. customers are asked to supply a testimonial on work so it becomes self-developing. As it gets more popular, the growth curve is potentially exponential.

At first glance, it is a very nice site, clean looking layout and easily navigable. Only thing that could be better (IMHO), and this may come in due time, would be to get it featured on some consumer TV programme or endorsed by one of the "trusted" tradesmen from the various home improvement or renovation TV programmes.

Good idea Paul, and probably a lot less hassle than being an agent or a financial adviser.

"Throughout his career he was renowned for his robust style of play" :laugh:

By Robust....i assume they mean Nailed everyone within the first 5 mins of the game lol. He is one of my all time fave ICT players!

should I be scared ? BigBuildersBum just started following @ICTOnline on Twitter :hiding:

I agree though ... I always like players that get stuck in and give 100% and PC fits that profile !

Haha...im right now picturing PC turning and giving chase to anyone that got past him. The look of sheer determination that used to be on his face was unforgettable. The look of sheer terror, in anticipation of the events about to unravel, on the other players face was pretty memorable too lol. Dont get many like PC these days...sadly

Thanks for the nice comments , I really enjoyed my time at ICTFC . I always look out fo the Inverness results even although I am based in Murcia , Spain. It was the most enjoyable part of my career at ICT , the people are so friendly and I have many happy memories at Inverness.

I will always treasure my first ever game for ICT against East Stirling., we were about to get off the Team Bus when Dougie McGilvary got hold of the microphone and wished us all the best for the new season and encouraged us to get off to a winning start . He finally announced that all the drink money should be given to Tommy the Kit Man and also our Chip Shop Order . I could not believe what I was hearing as I thought it was BOYS ON TOUR not a Pro football team.

What it did do was increase the team spirit and that was in evidence as we all fought for each other resulting in winning the league. Great Memories.

As you will see I have a new business venture www.bigbuildersbum.com which I am sure will be a success with the support of all the Tradesmen in Inverness, if you are a Tradesman or you have friends or family who are Trades people do not hesitate to recommend the website to them.

Meanwhile all the best for the new season

regards

Paul Cherry

Cheers Psycho, I remember our Lothian & Borders crew being overtaken by your black Beemer a few times on the A9.

Fond memories of every game you played for ICT, apart from that time at Gayfield of course :laugh:

Thanks for the nice comments , I really enjoyed my time at ICTFC . I always look out fo the Inverness results even although I am based in Murcia , Spain. It was the most enjoyable part of my career at ICT , the people are so friendly and I have many happy memories at Inverness.

I will always treasure my first ever game for ICT against East Stirling., we were about to get off the Team Bus when Dougie McGilvary got hold of the microphone and wished us all the best for the new season and encouraged us to get off to a winning start . He finally announced that all the drink money should be given to Tommy the Kit Man and also our Chip Shop Order . I could not believe what I was hearing as I thought it was BOYS ON TOUR not a Pro football team.

What it did do was increase the team spirit and that was in evidence as we all fought for each other resulting in winning the league. Great Memories.

As you will see I have a new business venture www.bigbuildersbum.com which I am sure will be a success with the support of all the Tradesmen in Inverness, if you are a Tradesman or you have friends or family who are Trades people do not hesitate to recommend the website to them.

Meanwhile all the best for the new season

regards

Paul Cherry

OMG...im gonna faint...we are not worthy LOL....only Joshing. Mr C....I have often mentioned your good self many times over the years on this Forum. You are without doubt, an ICT legend and one of my all time fave players i have ever seen in an Inverness team. I was saying such to my old man just yesterday, (he was a fan too) over a plate of mince and tatties :P Its good to know you still got a wee place in your heart for ICT, as many fans held you in high regard. All the best with the business :twothumbsup: