FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Blame Terry (and Mo)

KingBeastie

I don't think our Terry realises the full impact of letting so many players go during the close season.

On Monday it was the first of August and I changed my ICT calendar and now have Roy McBain and Dani Sanchez on the wall in the hall for the month.

Last month it was Grant Munro and Chris Innes...

I'm not so sure that Terry and Mo have thought this through properly... what happens in December when we're well into the new season and I come bumbling through the door after a few festive sherbets and see two players on the calendar who I've no idea who they are / were?

How is my good lady gonna learn who plays for us?

Should my Dad get me another calendar for Christmas again this year?

These are questions that I just don't feel the management has considered.

I'm gonna write to the board about this.

No - wait... I'm gonna write to my MSP.

I'm going for a lie down.

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

LOL - its the same for Toronto FC .... not so much on a calendar, but each season ticket book has a pre-printed ticket for each game with the date/time etc as well as a picture of a player or two and for the last 5 years the trick has been to see if anyone pictured actually lasts the course .....

This year TFC have had a total of 41 players in the squad and 8 of them are no longer at the club including two guys who have been captain this year !!! 120 players in 5 seasons !!! By comaprison, ICT is at about 170 players in 18 seasons !!!

I mentioned this a while ago but if a Football Calendar was to run from August to July it would not just to sort out the problems mentioned above with players but it makes it easier to plan things round the football season. write the fixtures on the calendar but can only get as far as December.

But would you buy one?

Edited by 12th Man

That is why I always purchase the ICTFC Calendar Girl version - all hot blooded males should end 2011 with OldCaleyGirl amongst the leaves and juggling conkers in October, Laura G with tthe bonfire and rockets in the background whilst chewing on a toffee apple in November and Maimie wrapped up in tinsel and filling a stocking in December.