FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Ayr

Renegade

Tuffey

Piermayr Tokely Hogg Shinnie

Ross Foran Tansey

Tade Sutherland Hayes

Subs - Esson, Doran, Golobart, Aldred, Morrison

An attacking 4-3-3 for me - move Foran into a dominating midfield role where he did well for a time last season, with Ross and Tansey as the creative men. Give Tuffey a chance in goal with Sutherland playing centre-forward with Hayes moved into the forward line.

Edited by Renegade

tuffey

piermayr-aldred-golobart-G.shinnie

morrison-----laing

greig--------A.shinnie------doran

sutherland

bench:baldy, tade, rossco, tansey, foran

priority is killie next week give some youths a chance fringe players and so on

We haven't even won with our best 11 this season, this isn't the time to be going easy. We'll be lucky if we can even beat Ayr at the moment.

• Agree 1

Tuffy

Piermayr - Hogg - Golobart - G.Shinnie

Morrison

Ross - A.Shinnie - Doran

Sutherland

Limited experimentation but our back four needs time to get to know each other. This (maybe with Tokely) seems to be our first choice, so they stay together.

Hayes is rested as I think he's still getting over his injury. Two games a week might be too much.

A.Shinnie gets his chance in his favourite position. He has to deliver or he's dropped at half-time and will do a Gil/Sanchez, i.e. struggle to get a regular game.

Sutherland gets his chance to stake a claim. Foran a very important substitute that can come in for Morrison/A.Shinnie/Doran/Sutherland, depending on who's floundering against lower opposition.

This team should be able to beat SFL1 teams. For some of the players, it's play or be dropped for the foreseeable future. Their chance to shine.

This time I think I'll go for-

- Tuffey -

- Piermayr - Hogg - Golobart - G.Shinnie -

- Tansey - Ross -

- Doran - Sutherland - Foran -

- Tade -

Subs: - Esson, Tokely, Morrison, Hayes, A.Shinnie.

Tuffey will get his run in goals.

I'll go with exactly the same defence that started against the Dons. We need to get some consistency there and whilst it might not be our strongest line up in defence it will allow for bedding players in.

In central midfield I think we need probably what are our 2 best and most experienced available.

Having gone for an attacking midfield 3 I think Doran needs a start for match fitness and hopfully to gain some confidence and momentum. Sutherland and Tade need to start to see if they can grab a goal and relax a little. Earn their place in the team so I'll play the more composed Sutherland and his ability to shoot behind Tade who hopefully will make good runs in behind. He's caused 1st division defences problems before so here's hoping he hasn't forgotten how already.

And I'll have Foran starting in a familiar position on the left but i'd fully expect he, Sutherland and Tade to interchange fairly regularly. Perhaps if Sutherland can be more static and hold a position whilst the others make the runs it will be profitable. Allow Ross and Tansey to run from deep when opportunities allow.

We have enough kids in the team to name a fully experienced bench (as available) so went with above. i believe only 5 subs are allowed in the cup. But if it is 7 pick any other 2 available.

Terry, Trust me. I play Football Manager.

Now is the time to avoid change - We simply have to start with the side most likely to start against Kille and the Jam Tarts - except Tuffey so

TUFFEY

PIERMAYR HOGG GOLOBART SHINNIE

DORAN MORRISON TANSEY HAYES

SUTHERLAND FORAN

Although I suspect that Terry and Mo may prefer Shinnie or Tade to Sutherland.

This will be a real test of Tery and Mo's managemnet kudos.

------------------Tuffey---------------

Piermayr--Tokely--Hogg--Shinnie

-------Tansey------------Ross-------

Sutherland-------------------Doran

------------------Foran---------------

-------------------Tade---------------

Subs: Esson, Aldred, Golobart, Greig, Hayes.

Now is the time to avoid change - We simply have to start with the side most likely to start against Kille and the Jam Tarts - except Tuffey so

TUFFEY

PIERMAYR HOGG GOLOBART SHINNIE

DORAN MORRISON TANSEY HAYES

SUTHERLAND FORAN

Although I suspect that Terry and Mo may prefer Shinnie or Tade to Sutherland.

This will be a real test of Tery and Mo's managemnet kudos.

Totally agree with this.

Let Sutherland prove himself, give Tuffey a cup game.

I reckon Sutherland Foran could be a good forward partnership.

Maybe Greig and Tade coming on a subs for Hayes and Doran to see if that works as long as we're winning comfortably.

But most importantly is for our first choice team to get a win to move things forward.

Tuffey

Piermayr Hogg Golabart G Shinnie

Ross Tansey Morrison

Hayes Doran

Sutherland

Subs: Esson, Tokely, Aldred, Tade, Foran, A Shinnie

Unchanged back 4 as they need to start building up an understanding together, Golabart starts as if he doesn't I fear he'll dwell on his error too much

Midfield would be a 5 while on the back foot and Tansey dropping into a defensive midfield roll which when we get the ball turns into a playmaker roll starting the play from side to side through Ross/Morrison who would supply either Hayes/Doran down the wings or Shane up top. Hayes and Doran would need to work hard at tracking back for this to work overall but can easily be changed to incorporate Tade or Foran should we ned to bring them on.

Shane up front on his own, IMO he deserves his chance and if TB doesn't see him worthy of a place against Ayr then why do we have him in the squad?! He would be backed up by Hayes/Doran when attacking to make it 3 up top.

Foran on the bench purely with Killie in mind, I just don't think he could play Saturday/Wednesday/Saturday, he would try but come 60-70mins into the Killie game he would be running on fumes as happened last season as he always gives his all.

**Edit: added 'He would be backed up by Hayes/Doran when attacking to make it 3 up top'.

Edited by MrCaleyjag

Esson

Piermayr, Tokely, Hogg, G. Shinnie

Sutherland, Tansey, Ross, Doran

Foran, Tade

Subs: Tuffey, Aldred, Hayes, Morrison, A. Shinnie

Ayr will be out to get us, being the underdogs coupled with our poor start to the season so for me playing a strong team is essential - Sutherland over Hayes for me, he has looked impressive over the last few games when coming on and Johnny needs a wee bit of a breather as well.

Tuffey

Piermayr, Tokely, Hogg, G. Shinnie

Ross Morrison Tansey Doran

Sutherland Tade

Subs: Esson, Gollobart, Hayes, Foran, A.Shinne

Tuffey usually plays in goals in cup games. Nice team to watch and win!