FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Last nights debacle

dougal

I decided last night not to log in as I feared being banned due to the rage I was in

I'm still seething but feel I can now get my point over without using to many expletives

Was last nights result the worst result in the clubs history it must be up there in the top two or three if not?

Let's not kid ourselves we were beaten by one of the poorer first division 1 sides who are all part timers if I'm not mistaken, guys who probably are posties, plumbers, bakers , traffic wardens,kfc employees and so on

Whether Butcher has lost the dressing room I certainly am not going to speculate but there is something seriously wrong with either team morale or the tactics being deployed

The league table doesn't lie and only highlights the crisis we now find ourselves in

Worst result in 17 years ? Yes I sadly think it probably is

dougal

• Disagree 3

Bad result - yes

Should we have done & expected better - yes

Crisis - no (not yet anyways)

The team has seen wholesale changes and injuries, not condoning the poor performance, but its not the first time we have had a poor start to a season. As for TB loosing the dressign room, I dont think so - hopefully this result will prompt a response on Sat.

Think its to early to start calling this a crisis and questioning TB, if we are still in this situation come the end of the first full round of SPL games then perhaps we need to re-think then. Remember in several games (not last night perhaps) we have been very unlucky with the results and decissions.

• Agree 1

not the worst and not in the top 3 either, BUT WHEN ARE WE GOING TO PLAY 90 MINUTES, and not the 45 we seem to think will do the job. In all honesty we were doing this for the majority of the last two seasons. We need a win from somewhere. If confidence keeps getting lower, the harder this will become. Need our injured players back asap to give strength in depth

From memory, I've seen seen crowds of people with their shoes off and representatives of the supporters trust calling for a leader's head for a lot less than this ..........

Perhaps we are on the verge of a second witch hunt or maybe a tad more decorum will be given to this incumbent than previous? I hope so.

• Disagree 6

From memory, I've seen seen crowds of people with their shoes off and representatives of the supporters trust calling for a leader's head for a lot less than this ..........

Perhaps we are on the verge of a second witch hunt or maybe a tad more decorum will be given to this incumbent than previous? I hope so.

The previous incumbent wasn't dealing with so many injuries and had an experienced SPL squad. We'll get there.

Our record in the League Cup is shocking, we've had a poor start to the season and there will always be cup 'shocks'.

This to me was not a shock in the slightest, in fact I almost put some money on it.

It is a competition that we never do well in and it might serve as a bit of a kick up the @rse to be on the end of a result like that.

We are out of the diddy cup, lets address the league form and get on with things.

:ictscarf:

• Agree 1

Not the worst, but not a particularly good one. I suppose technically the worst defeat ever was the cup defeat by Partick Thistle a few years ago (they were in the second division IIRC) - nearly got beat in the first game and then couldn't beat them in 120 minutes in the replay, before losing on penalties. This one is bad but not as bad as that - and that was the Scottish Cup too.

I don't really care where is ranks in worst defeats and all that guff. There was no excuse for a performance like that. We played the stongest team we had available and it should be good enough to beat Ayr (no offence to them). Rosscoe seemed to be giving everything and that realy was it. As bizare as it seems I see last night as a defining point in our season already. It will either be the kick up the ass and we actually move on or it will just tip the players over the edge and relegation is a given. Sadly I fear the the relegation but at least I am prepared.

PS thanks Ayr for letting us stand. Feck off Stewards for finding a fight where there wasn't one buy advising we were standing in the wrong place!

• Agree 1

A terrible result. Not the worst we've ever had IMHO but it feels hellish bad right now. A kick in the nuts when we're already down. In the grand scheme of things however, going out of the league cup may well be a blessing in disguise because priority #1 this season the way things are going MUST be avoiding a drop back into div1. This is a rebuild job, and if it comes off then we'll be a real prospect next season - hey who knows things might pick up and we might even end the season strongly into 7th/6th..? but SPL survival for this team is what's important this season. Europe the next. :)

As bad as the start to the season has been maybe this was actually the over-riding result that the players needed to get them sorted, get them focused and stop them from feeling sorry for themselves. There comes a point where we just have to say right enough is enough and start getting it right.

For these guys the only thing that matters or the only thing that should matter now is winning and doing well for the team, it is their job, a very good one at that but at the end of the day they are terribly underperforming and need to sort it out quick.

We have no time for people to feel sorry for themselves or feel embarressed or down, step up to the plate and be a man, start making the difference that you undoubtedly became a footballer for but start doing it as a team and start playing for each other, show some urgency and self belief and stop trudging about with your heads hitting the floor. I don't want to see players heads go down if we concede a goal or huff and puff if we misplace a pass, I want to see some fight and some encouragement for others and take a bit of pride in what you do. Start fighting as a team and you'll win as a team, start thinking as an individual and you'll lose as an individual.

Terry if you ever needed a stronger word or team talk than you do now you could do a lot worse than make use of the above.

• Disagree 1

Losing 5-1 to County after being one up was a worse feeling than last night. Queens Park game was very similar to tonight as well so i don't think its one of the worst results ever but this cannot continue.

There is far too many new players in the team for my liking, With all players back i couldn't put together a best 11 and i know Terry couldn't either. The problem with this is we are already 6 games into the season and i can't see it changing anytime soon. We now have Jonny Hayes out for a few games now and although he hasn't be performing as well as he should be i still think he is our best attacking option. With no striker and no creative midfielder we are really going to struggle now. We have St Johnstone, Dunfermline and St Mirren in October. IMO that is a massive month and will make or break our season. If we are still bottom after playing those 3 teams then i will be expecting us to go down.

Does everyone actually think we'll beat Killie on saturday? I don't think we will, its more of a hope.

Worst result in 17 years? Naw, i agree that title can go to the 5-1 defeat to County.

But i think this has to be the worst start to a season ive ever seen, everything that could go wrong pretty much has. Players are picking up injuries everywhere, we cant score, we cant defend, we get no breaks on refereeing decisions and 6 games into the season and we are still without a win and proping up the table.

Will things get better? I think they will but i lost a bit of faith after last nigth and Saturday but i will not give up on my team.

• Agree 1

We lost the first 7 games of an SPL season once - joining the dons in holding that record (i think) and still finished 7th or 8th.

This is not the worst start we've ever had. Yet.

Let's hope we can address it very, very soon.

BTW, Roger - told you so!! :nanananana:

:slapme:

We lost the first 7 games of an SPL season once - joining the dons in holding that record (i think) and still finished 7th or 8th.

Ok so of all seasons in the SPL this is how our first 5 matches have went.

2004-2005 - with 3 points.

P5 W1 D0 L4

Beat Ross County in League Cup

Finished 8th

2005-2006 - with 8 Points

P5 W2 D2 L1

Beat Alloa in the League Cup

Finished 7th

2006-2007 - with 3 points

P5 W0 D3 L2

Beat Dumbarton in the League Cup

Finished 8th

2007-2008 - with 0 points

P5 W0 D0 L5

Beat Arbroath in the League Cup

Finished 9th

2008-2009 - with 7 points

P5 W2 D1 L2

Finished 12th and relegated

2010-2011 - with 4 points

P5 W1 D1 L3

Beat Queens Park and Peterhead in the League Cup

Finished 7th

THIS SEASON

2011-2012 - 1 point

P5 W0 D1 L4

LOST to Ayr in the League Cup

Finished ??

Ok so of all seasons in the SPL this is how our first 5 matches have went.

2004-2005 - with 3 points.

P5 W1 D0 L4

Beat Ross County in League Cup

Finished 8th

2005-2006 - with 8 Points

P5 W2 D2 L1

Beat Alloa in the League Cup

Finished 7th

2006-2007 - with 3 points

P5 W0 D3 L2

Beat Dumbarton in the League Cup

Finished 8th

2007-2008 - with 0 points

P5 W0 D0 L5

Finished 9th

2008-2009 - with 7 points

P5 W2 D1 L2

Finished 12th and relegated

2010-2011 - with 4 points

P5 W1 D1 L3

Beat Queens Park and Peterhead in the League Cup

Finished 7th

THIS SEASON

2011-2012 - 1 point

P5 W0 D1 L4

LOST to Ayr in the League Cup

Finished ??

We are potentially only one win away from being in the same position as we were in four of those seasons then.

I think the fall out has came from the way we ended last season and the sense of encouragement and joy fans had from last season, we fully expected the team to kick on from that. There is nothing to say that we will not as there are 33 games of the league season still to go but I just think it is the nature of the defeats and performances that have people asking the questions they are.

• Agree 1

extremely disappointed with our performance last night. a long journey to watch a pitiful performance. disappointed that Hayes got injured and was concerned when Rossco limped off at half time but happily he seemed okay. with Aldred gone we are pitifully thin on the ground for fit defenders. However, at least we have no more league cup games to worry about and hopefully Terry is beavering away to get a couple more aditions to the squad. Also glad there are no calls for Terry to get his jotters. We can move on from this disastrous start but we have to do it soon. Cmon Inverness.

extremely disappointed with our performance last night. a long journey to watch a pitiful performance. disappointed that Hayes got injured and was concerned when Rossco limped off at half time but happily he seemed okay. with Aldred gone we are pitifully thin on the ground for fit defenders. However, at least we have no more league cup games to worry about and hopefully Terry is beavering away to get a couple more aditions to the squad. Also glad there are no calls for Terry to get his jotters. We can move on from this disastrous start but we have to do it soon. Cmon Inverness.

Back yer bags Terry! :tongueincheek::slapme:

When does the SPL transfer window end?

Feel sorry for anyone who travelled down to watch that.

Hey but we are only one win difference from last seasons start.

We just need to get a result and soon. As after Killie we have Celtic, Hearts and Dundee Utd. 3 tough games.