FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Will we be upstaged again

tm4tj

I see it's Dingwall versus Glasgow on Wednesday night in the Communities Cup thing, live on the telly too.

As we are no longer interested in this competition, would we rather see County put Celtic out or is there still plenty of animosity towards the feeder boys in Dingwall.

Once more we have been upstaged by the wee team in the area, our inability to beat Ayr putting us in our place. Are we pleased for them or disappointed in our own ability to progress and put on a show for the world?

How you doing Mannie?

Well it will be Celtic v Caley soon and another real doing for our team will probably not be helpful to anyone.

So,a word to Terry. Keep your head and try to maintain a professional approach to the game, the team and the future.

As the Manager, KEEP your cool because the fans are what puts the bread and butter on your table and keeps the club alive.

Histrionics towards the fans will be counter productive and will count against you rather than teach anybody else a lesson.

Maybe it's easy to talk when you don't have the responsibility of the team on your shoulders, Terry, but that's your job so do whatever you think best but the Pimple is just offering a little bit of back talk from the Workers Compensation Board.

And there is nothing worse than a sore back, as I know right this minute.Except, perhaps, a sore heart, Terry, and that may be around the corner if things get totally out of control....steady the Buffs and the ship, or else?

I think after the old firm defeat at the weekend Celtic will be like a wounded beast and there may well be a hiding on the cards here. Not sure if this is my honest footballing prediction or merely an un-biased prediction :tongueincheek:

Question is whether Lennon will rest a few for this game and look to dish out the hiding on Saturday rather than tomorrow ..... this is the least important cup, and albeit arrogant, they may figure beating County is 'relatively easy' and sending out a full squad to take three points against a frequently difficult opponent at the weekend is more important and justifies a weakened team for this game ....

I doubt that county have a chance Celtic will be well up for it after an old firm defeat and the Scottish cup semi final a year and a half ago I can see Celtic scoring 3 or 4

This is also very valid and may counteract what I said above .... a strong team, rip County a new one as payback for the Scottish Cup and also to ease the pain of the weekend ... they may figure that even with a strong team out for this game, they will still be in good shape for the weekend .....

so really .... I havent got a feckin clue !!! :lol: I do know I want Celtic to win this one !!! not because of any Celtic bias or hatred for County but because if County win then Celtic WILL rip us a new one at the weekend if they get beaten by Rangers then County is successive games ! If County can help us out with a few hard knocks to any first teamers that are playing then even better .... no lasting injuries, just enough of a dunt to keep them out of action until Sunday or Monday ;)

• Agree 2

Lennon may come under quite a bit of pressure if Cunty win. Personally, I dislike the Old Firm and County. The Old Firm because of the bigotry that comes from them and County, because well, just because! Ideally I would like a County win to knock Celtic out, and then a team like Brechin or some one to defeat County in the next round.

Edited by CapitalCaley

I think after the old firm defeat at the weekend Celtic will be like a wounded beast and there may well be a hiding on the cards here. Not sure if this is my honest footballing prediction or merely an un-biased prediction :tongueincheek:

Question is whether Lennon will rest a few for this game and look to dish out the hiding on Saturday rather than tomorrow ..... this is the least important cup, and albeit arrogant, they may figure beating County is 'relatively easy' and sending out a full squad to take three points against a frequently difficult opponent at the weekend is more important and justifies a weakened team for this game ....

I doubt that county have a chance Celtic will be well up for it after an old firm defeat and the Scottish cup semi final a year and a half ago I can see Celtic scoring 3 or 4

This is also very valid and may counteract what I said above .... a strong team, rip County a new one as payback for the Scottish Cup and also to ease the pain of the weekend ... they may figure that even with a strong team out for this game, they will still be in good shape for the weekend .....

so really .... I havent got a feckin clue !!! :lol: I do know I want Celtic to win this one !!! not because of any Celtic bias or hatred for County but because if County win then Celtic WILL rip us a new one at the weekend if they get beaten by Rangers then County is successive games ! If County can help us out with a few hard knocks to any first teamers that are playing then even better .... no lasting injuries, just enough of a dunt to keep them out of action until Sunday or Monday ;)

I think in normal circumstances Lennon would treat the cup, like you say, as the least important cup and line up with a weakened team. However given their previous embarassments against County and the fact that they are not at their best in the league i think Lennon will treat this with more respect than usual.

Can you imagine the outcry from Celtic fans if they go out to a first division team in the cup coupled with getting beat in an Old Firm match in the space of 4 days? The fans and the board would not like this one bit

I'd predict a strong, although not strongest, team and 3-4 goal margin win

Certainly hope it is a strong team and a comfortable win and then we can play on their over-confidence at the weekend :tongueincheek:

County are terrible. I can see why they are near the bottom of the league. However, I thought Munro played very well. We should sign him in January.:tongueincheek:

The BBC wanted a good game to show, well they indeed showed the wrong game. Looking at Countys current form, I had a feeling it would be a poor game. Of course, the media don't think like that and were still living off County in the Cup Final. The Central belt media still seem to rate Adams all based on a good cup run as well. I am delighted however, that there will not be an all old-firm final. Lets hope Hibs can pull off a surprise in the next round now. Anyone but the Old Firm.