FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fan needed

swindoinollie

Hi guys, Swindon fan here.

I run a blog along with a friend called My Swindon Town Review http://stfcreview.blogspot.com and our fans Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/theswindontown.

It seems Lee Cox is on his way to us, and when we sign a new player, we get an opposing fan to give us a write up on the player.

Would anyone from this page be willing to take part? If so, I have listed the questions and if any of you fancy doing it, reply! Also include your Twitter ID if you have one.

In your opinion, what has been Lee Cox's best game in a Caley shirt?

Since joining ICT in 2009, Lee has made 60 appearances for Caley, scoring 3 goals. Out of the 3 goals, do any of them stand out as a favourite?

What type of player is Lee?

What are your thoughts on Lee's current ability, any room for improvement?

Paolo Di Canio has been known to get the best out of the Swindon players- most notably Simon Ferry, Matt Ritchie, Paul Caddis and Aden Flint. Do you consider Lee to have any strengths or weaknesses, and do you think Paolo could improve his game?

Just how much will Caley miss Lee? There has certainly been mixed reactions after Inverness supporters finding out an offer had been accepted.

And finally, what can Swindon fans expect of Lee?

Many thanks

In your opinion, what has been Lee Cox's best game in a Caley shirt?

I can't think of a particular game off the top of my head, but I do remember him being an integral part of the side that went on to win the First Division at the first time of asking (the first time it had been done in about ten years). What must be remembered here is that when he came he was a straight replacement a similar player in Ian Black who signed for Hearts and had been an extremely important and prominent player for the club for about four or five seasons - Cox more than filled the void that was left.

Since joining ICT in 2009, Lee has made 60 appearances for Caley, scoring 3 goals. Out of the 3 goals, do any of them stand out as a favourite?

Probably his ninetieth minute winner in the first game of the 2009/10 season away to Dunfermline Athletic. That was also his league debut for ICT.

What type of player is Lee?

A battling central midfielder who isn't afraid to get stuck in and can play the ball well. He can also play as a right full back though this is not his main position.

What are your thoughts on Lee's current ability, any room for improvement?

He has ability and is at an age where he can only improve, so really just improve on what he already has. He has potential though, that's for sure.

Paolo Di Canio has been known to get the best out of the Swindon players- most notably Simon Ferry, Matt Ritchie, Paul Caddis and Aden Flint. Do you consider Lee to have any strengths or weaknesses, and do you think Paolo could improve his game?

I think as I said previously, just continue on the road he is taking. He has potential and many capabilities that make him a good central midfielder and just needs to keep working on the attributes he already has in order to become the best player he can be.

The one weakness he maybe has it that at times he does seem rather injury-prone.

Just how much will Caley miss Lee? There has certainly been mixed reactions after Inverness supporters finding out an offer had been accepted.

I think you have to remember that £25,000 is a lot of money to a club like ICT - particularly when that player could leave for free in a few months anyway. While he is a good player and most would rather he would stay, he isn't in my opinion as good as some of the other central midfielders at the club. Andrew Shinnie, Greg Tansey and the currently long term injured Welsh international Owain Tudur Jones would probably be regarded as better options at this time. It's also the case that the club captain and former striker Richie Foran seems to have been converted to a defensive midfielder recently and has produced some admirable performances, again perhaps leaving Cox out of the starting eleven.

And finally, what can Swindon fans expect of Lee?

A hard battling central midfielder, who won't shy away from a challenge, can pick a pass and will chip in with the odd goal now and then.

His attitude too is maybe something to mention. This can also be seen from when he first came to Inverness from Leicester City. Before the start of the season, he hurt his arm badly after falling through a glass table! Despite being advised to take a break and not risk further injury to it, he was adamant that he would play anyway, and did so while wearing a very noticeable cast. During this time he produced some excellent performances, which perhaps sums up the attitude he has as a player and another attribute which he will bring to Swindon Town.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 4

As someone myself who was allegedly once on the radar of Swindon in Bert Head's days, can I say the above assessment is very fair. Lee will focus on his football and is determined to be a success. We have been able to rehabilitate many players e.g. Barry Robson at Middlesborough. Lee is now able to tough it out with the best of players and is fearless in a tackle. I was not. He also has a good engine on him. He is very fair in tackles and bookings seem rare.

• Agree 1