FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Reason I Stayed Away...

Joonya

The above link was posted on a friend of mine's facebook earlier today after our loss to the tims, and for some reason it's hit a nerve...

This is one of the main reasons I don't go to games when the Old Filth are in town. IE Our own supporters get chastised for standing, chanting and having a good time, yet in the South stand the fans can party and no-one bats an eyelid.

• Agree 8

The above link was posted on a friend of mine's facebook earlier today after our loss to the tims, and for some reason it's hit a nerve...

This is one of the main reasons I don't go to games when the Old Filth are in town. IE Our own supporters get chastised for standing, chanting and having a good time, yet in the South stand the fans can party and no-one bats an eyelid.

and stab each other rumour has it

i spotted a brawl in the south stand from my half time perch in the main stand at half time and after the game i was informed in amongst it someone got stabbed

Well said i totally agree

Their fans are so thick, they dont realise it yet but if theres no Rangers, Celtic only have to spend enough to beat the likes of Motherwell, Hearts etc, they wont have as big a squad, wont spend as much on players and will lose more frequently, hang on that doesnt sound like a bad thing.

.....with all their forged tickets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VNS-q9fORuQ

Sorry but IMHO thats a quite ludicrous reason for not attending yesterday

The old firm ashamed of nothing offended by everything I'm afraid you sadly come into that bracket with that kind of attitude

A full north stand bouncing with our fans and we could have had the exact same scenario yesterday but due to the stay sways that was sadly not an option

The apathy of the Inverness football fan makes a quite depressing read

Say what you want about the Celtic support but they generated a lot of cash for ICT yesterday certainly a lot more than home fans

Dougal

• Agree 3

Sorry but IMHO thats a quite ludicrous reason for not attending yesterday

The old firm ashamed of nothing offended by everything I'm afraid you sadly come into that bracket with that kind of attitude

A full north stand bouncing with our fans and we could have had the exact same scenario yesterday but due to the stay sways that was sadly not an option

The apathy of the Inverness football fan makes a quite depressing read

Say what you want about the Celtic support but they generated a lot of cash for ICT yesterday certainly a lot more than home fans

Dougal

Like Gringo said .... Our own supporters get chastised for standing , chanting & having a good time ! so i can fully understand it being a good enough reason to stay at home
  • Agree 1

Fully accept the ridiculous situation where some are chastised and others aren't. Joke.

But if you carry on with this approach GJ, suggest you won't be seeing much of the team in the future! Bit OTT?

GJ is only talking about giving the OF games a miss & who could blame him when they come up here & do what they like !

TBH this season I haven't noticed the stewards being too over zealous from where I sit in section F, North Stand. They appear to have been told to take an easier stance on the standing fans. Dunno what they would do if a conga started though!

Starting a conga in the North Stand ? Why didnt I feckin think about doing that ?

Have to agree with Dougal here as it is much the same with the likes of Aberdeedn, Hearts and Hibs. Our away support is treated like dirt by some factions but that is down to the crowd controller and individual stewards. When there is a moderation of leniency we have a great old time. Lets face it the bigger the trvelling support then the less the stewrads will become involved due to the concern of crowd disturbances.

• Agree 1

I totally understand why people don't attend cup games against Celtic (I would include Rangers in this but we've only played them at Tannadice). I have a season ticket in the main stand and each time seats around me are filled with colour wearing Celts who shout jump up and are never questioned by stewards. The colours may not be scarves but shirts worn under jackets that only a complete idiot would not recognise. Its not pleasent sitting next to a drunken "Hey Jimmy" at the best of times but not at our own ground in our main stand.

The reason I didnt stay away.

It was a home game.

I like going to watch ICT play.

Its far better than watching tv, just like any live event is far better to watch it live, than to watch it on tv.

I tend to get carried away at the football, if I tried that at home I would get 'carried away'.

The weather didnt bother me I just put on more clothes.

As for the Celtic/Irish/Argentina fans they are as predictable as ever and I still believe we can p1ss them off next weekend.

• Agree 4

Might have known Dougal would be the first person to disagree :lol:

The stand out point in the video for me is about 13 seconds in, when you see the crowd at the front getting bigger and bigger.

Not a single steward seems to try and prevent it, and the police presence is practically zero.

So, why should I, therefore, part with my hard earned cash to be told to sit down, shut up, stop swearing, stop singing and thus stop encouraging my team and supporting my team when the away support, partiularly either side of the Old Firm, are persistently allowed to do what they do in the video? Add to that the fact you're almost certain to be sat in close proximity to an opposing supporter in the home ends too...

Yes, 12th man, I see where you're coming from in terms of 'its a home game and i like to watch ICT play', but I also like to enjoy myself at the games, and part of the enjoyment for me is being able to get behind my team without being chastised for doing so...

I missed Celtics league visit up here back in November. I instead CHOSE to stay away and go for a walk with family and friends as part of my Highland March training. We took in the Nairn County Highland League match instead and what a day we had. We saw the latter part of the Celtic match on tv amongst some banter from Lossie fans, had a spot of lunch and some beers, watched a very entertaining 3-3 encounter and I probably spent around 20 quid in total during the course of the day.

Rangers are up here in a few weeks time. Nairn County are once more at home (to Fraserburgh). I'm very tempted to don the walking boots and repeat Novembers antics. Heck, I might even start at Nairn and walk to Forres, and take in their home match against Pele's Formatine United.

• Agree 1

no point cutting off your nose to spite your face :shrug:

I don't particularly care what others do, that's not my problem, I'm only bothered about what I do. They can sing and dance all they want, am I bothered, no. It is of course your choice, and if you are happy with that fine. It's not for me though.

• Agree 1

The reason I didnt stay away.

It was a home game.

I like going to watch ICT play.

Its far better than watching tv, just like any live event is far better to watch it live, than to watch it on tv.

I tend to get carried away at the football, if I tried that at home I would get 'carried away'.

The weather didnt bother me I just put on more clothes.

As for the Celtic/Irish/Argentina fans they are as predictable as ever and I still believe we can p1ss them off next weekend.

THIERRY HENRY! THIERRY HENRY! THIERRY HENRY!