FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rangers go into administration

KingBeastie

Two weeks today will be Newcos first game if indeed it is Dundee who take the step up:

Saturday 28th July @ 15:00

Ramsdens Cup

Brechin City FC v The Rangers FC

Will they have a team though?

I don't think this is the case because:

1. If New Rangers are a continuation of old Rangers then they would enter the comp in Round 4 because they finished 2nd in the SPL/

2. If they are a new club, then they are ineligible for the competition because they were not SFA members at the time of the draw and it is unlikey they will be full members of the SFA in time for the commencement of the competition.

What's the bet the Appeals Tribunal determines the penalty as suspension or explusion from the Cup. A competition they would not be eligible for anyway.

For goodness sake throw the dam rule book in the bin

Course Rangers or whatever they are called will have to be in the cup

As Douglas Bader said or similar

“Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.”

He is mental. That's why I'm hoping that he's the person who steps in to help St Mirren through their financial woes. :boogie:

Are St. Mirren back in money bother?

I thought they were in a good way after selling their ground to Tesco?

I got an e.mail from him saying someone had provided my name as a possible participant for some group of investigators he's looking to put together!!!

And your reply was ............ :lol:

"Report as Spam"

• Agree 1

Not sunk in with this lot either....

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_SPL%20teams

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_Fixtures

I see they did win their first pre-season friendly in a closed game 2-1 v Airdrie United.

Now was that the newco playing or the oldco?

I know this is a rhetorical question but if they are deemed to be oldco should they not still be in the SPL starting the season with a deduction in points.

But if they are newco then they should rightly be starting their new adventure in the 3rd Division.

I can't see how they can be one one minute and the other the next as all the recent decisions were all made based on they were a newco. I don't truly understand the whole process but is this type of newco/oldco scenario and being 'a bit of both' common in other areas of commerce when such an event occurs?

I would think that Scotprem are waiting to see if there's any official challenge from Dunfermline before adding Dundee

I see Yorkston is quoted in today's papers as saying they will now go down the compensation route and let Dundee get on with it.

Sevco FC have been given the transfer of the membership. They've accepted a transfer ban from 1st September 2012-31st August 2013

Ronnie MacKay ‏@RonnieMacKay

It's been agreed with Sevco Scotland Ltd that the registration embargo will be accepted as a primary condition of a transfer of membership

the company directors of Sevco Scotland Ltd have chosen to accept the 12-month registration embargo.

This embargo will begin on 1st September 2012 and end on 31st August 2013.

Small price to pay (as far as fans will be concerned) to allow them to keep team name and history.....and you can be sure it won't bother them in the slightest how tainted that history is.

SPL still to make decision on the EBT/Double Contract stuff though, so titles could still be stripped.

Small price to pay (as far as fans will be concerned) to allow them to keep team name and history.....and you can be sure it won't bother them in the slightest how tainted that history is.

SPL still to make decision on the EBT/Double Contract stuff though, so titles could still be stripped.

They can sign anyone this transfer window and the end of the summer one in 2013 cause I don't think the window will close on a Saturday, So in effect they can't sign anyone during January. As you said, it really is a small price to pay.

So now the new club has emerged debt free, investors are now free to pour money into the club and they can buy their way to success again. They may not be able to buy in the January window but they are hardly likely to need to.

Exactly my point DD. Some of the Rangers fans are still quick to have a go at the SFA but they haven't done anything un-toward. Granted the transfer embargo was deemed illegal by the CoS but Rangers aren't effected at all. Just playing in a lower league - That's all.

So now the new club has emerged debt free, investors are now free to pour money into the club and they can buy their way to success again. They may not be able to buy in the January window but they are hardly likely to need to.

Exactly my point DD. Some of the Rangers fans are still quick to have a go at the SFA but they haven't done anything un-toward. Granted the transfer embargo was deemed illegal by the CoS but Rangers aren't effected at all. Just playing in a lower league - That's all.

The transfer embargo was not deemed illegal by the CoS....no point of law was being argued. The ruling was that it did not fit within the remit of the SFA rules at the time.

Seems reasonable that SPL need money from TV to pay £2m to SFL.

Someone needs to point out to Sevco's Manager that they have never won any trophies so they will not lose anything. Old Rangers (of whom he is no longer employed by) may lose a few though if found guilty of cheating

• Agree 1