FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rangers go into administration

KingBeastie

As part of the transistion to Newco "Glasgow Rangers FC" will become "The Rangers FC"

"Ahm gan tae see The Rangers at The Big Hoose wi' The Peepul"

I'm fairly certain they were called The Rangers Football Club until quite recently, say 20 years ago. I'm even more certain they never had Glasgow in the name.

The Registered Company marked as in Administration on the companies house Website is The Rangers Football Club PLC, so likely they were. But don't suppose you have to call yourself after the Registered Company.....likely had a rebranding exercise.

Edited by Oddquine

Keith Downie ‏@STVkeith

Hearts say they will vote against Rangers staying in the league. Romanov says "it had to happen sooner or later"

From Twitter. I am surprised at Hearts going against Rangers, surely they need money more than any other SPL club.

Edited by ICTRoughi

As part of the transistion to Newco "Glasgow Rangers FC" will become "The Rangers FC"

"Ahm gan tae see The Rangers at The Big Hoose wi' The Peepul"

I'm fairly certain they were called The Rangers Football Club until quite recently, say 20 years ago. I'm even more certain they never had Glasgow in the name.

The Registered Company marked as in Administration on the companies house Website is The Rangers Football Club PLC, so likely they were. But don't suppose you have to call yourself after the Registered Company.....likely had a rebranding exercise.

Aye I know all that....... I was just trying to say that the 'Glasgow Rangers' thing is something used by the English media and sadly it has stuck.

Here's a programme from the 60s on eBay, sorry don't know how to steal eBay images :tears:

http://www.ebay.co.u...5#ht_500wt_1379

Keith Downie ‏@STVkeith

Hearts say they will vote against Rangers staying in the league. Romanov says "it had to happen sooner or later"

From Twitter. I am surprised at Hearts going against Rangers, surely they need money more than any other SPL club.

Meh, Vladimir Romanov uses his own logic, which doesn't necessarily conform to anyone else's. While I agree with the things he says in his statement, they sound a bit hypocritical coming from him :snigger:

Edited by StockholmSyndrome

I haven't been following this that closely but one point I've noticed is that Charles Green thinks he can TUPE all player contracts from Rangers to the newco - no chance. Having worked in companies that have featured employees being TUPE'd there's no way they've crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's.

Surely there's no way newco are going to be admitted now?

That's two definite "No" votes now....Hearts and Utd.

Motherwell, Aberdeen and Celtic have also been making a lot of noise in that direction.

With Hearts and Dundee Utd now having "broken cover" then I suspect others will be quick to follow suit and we could well have a confirmed 5 "No" votes by end of the week.

If that happens then I can see the application from Servco being withdrawn or the meeting, just like the CVA meeting, becoming nothing more than a formality.

Attention then turns to TV and Sponsors to see what they will do and what the financial impact will be.

A cynic (not like me) could suggest that by these clubs going out and publicly stating a 'No' vote then that will help season ticket sales which by admission are down. Now if over the next 10 days these clubs begin to sell more season tickets - whats to say that come 4th July there may not be extenuating cases as to why the Newco should be admitted meaning these clubs vote 'yes' and already have the fans cash in the bank.

Of course that wont happen as the Scottish game holds integrity in high regard.

When the vote process is complete and the SPL committee announce the result - will us (the fans) get visibility of how each club has voted or will it be a secret process with only the numerical results presented (10-2, 9-3 etc)?

• Agree 1

Our swedish spy has had a lot to say these last couple of days. When we getting together for a saturday afternoon refreshment in Sneck again M?

I had some down time and finally got back on CTO, I've missed it here!! As for refreshments, the honest answer is I don't know. August maybe?

A cynic (not like me) could suggest that by these clubs going out and publicly stating a 'No' vote then that will help season ticket sales which by admission are down. Now if over the next 10 days these clubs begin to sell more season tickets - whats to say that come 4th July there may not be extenuating cases as to why the Newco should be admitted meaning these clubs vote 'yes' and already have the fans cash in the bank.

When the vote process is complete and the SPL committee announce the result - will us (the fans) get visibility of how each club has voted or will it be a secret process with only the numerical results presented (10-2, 9-3 etc)?

Those clubs publicly coming out and saying no are also aware that they will be targeted by newco fans if those are allowed into the league so the ST sales may not be enough to cover the losses of Newco boycotts and worse. Besides, chairmen of all the clubs talk to each othe all the time and I just think Hearts and DU are just the first two to go public among enough chairmen who are going to make the same announcement in the next few days. CD is right. It wont even go to the vote.

Our swedish spy has had a lot to say these last couple of days. When we getting together for a saturday afternoon refreshment in Sneck again M?

I had some down time and finally got back on CTO, I've missed it here!! As for refreshments, the honest answer is I don't know. August maybe?

Being a man of leisure now M I'll look forward to the first time you travel up. And I'll buy the first one, especially if its on the train up. x

Was an article quoting arch-whiner Kenny Shiels a few days ago in the Daily Ranger saying he thinks there should a secret ballot as he reckons SPL clubs who vote on whether to admit the fallen Ibrox giants will be damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Makes one wonder if Killie are sailing much closer to the wind than they are letting on.