FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rangers go into administration

KingBeastie

Could be a new song for the New rangers

Not my own work read it on the Daily Record site

Oliver! meeting Fagan Song - You've Got to Pick a Pocket or Two ...

Made me smile -

Any other suggestions for a new song for a new club

Somewhere over a Rainbow - perhaps

or

Never felt more like singing the blues

????

I'm half expecting the next step in the saga to be that Rangers will take the place of Bradford Bulls in the Super League. It would actually be a more sensible move than some of the proposals that have been put forward.

I'm half expecting the next step in the saga to be that Rangers will take the place of Bradford Bulls in the Super League. It would actually be a more sensible move than some of the proposals that have been put forward.

Talking of Bradford Bulls in administration. 14 days after going into administration, and a week after laying off all coaching staff(16 coaches) They are to be liquidated tonight if no one comes in to buy them.

Now, I know they are bigger business, with bigger debts, but how did it take Duff and Duffer, 24ish weeks to do the same thing, and with only 2 people leaving club?

Talking of Bradford Bulls in administration. 14 days after going into administration, and a week after laying off all coaching staff(16 coaches) They are to be liquidated tonight if no one comes in to buy them.

Now, I know they are bigger business, with bigger debts, but how did it take Duff and Duffer, 24ish weeks to do the same thing, and with only 2 people leaving club?

Because their set-up is not fundamentally corrupt, perchance?

Bulls have now been given till the 27th

Having played Rugby League myself at Colts level. I am really upset of the demise of Bradford, I much preferred the name Bradford Northern.

Silly to give teams the names of animals very American

Mind you Rangers old Bull seems to fit for the NewCo

I am just back from Hampden.

Myself and 2 other Caley Thistle fans thought we'd head along and do our part today. I'm surprised at such a low turnout from fans of teams in the central belt. There were around 15 Rangers fans (all claiming to be the people), 10 Celtic fans (very smug), and the 3 of us observing and chatting with press. :lol:

We (the Caley Thistle fans) chatted with a few journalists, particularly Alex Thomson. Very interesting morning. As I left the stadium, the chatter from many of the journalists was that the SPL2 is a 'dead cert'. Also rumours flying around that 'two high profile figures within Scottish football will be asked to resign very soon'.

The Rangers fans were the only ones that were really protesting. We were merely observing, although when asked, our views were the same views that the majority of ICT fans believe.

If anything, it increased the knowledge of the Highland March within the press, especially when people were asking what our t-shirts were all about. :lol:

Two things struck me when I read this.

First, Celtic have won. Their hated rivals are defunct. Yet they're still whingeing.

Second, it hasn't dawned on them yet that their cuddly little club will now be promoted to 'Most Hated Establishment in Scottish Football'

Just got me thinking - what are the odds on....

Scottish Cup - Rangers v Celtic; and

League Cup - Celtic v Rangers

....in one of the rounds in each competition

After that all you need is a home and away game in an all singing all dancing new Glasgow Cup and there you go four derbies for our friends at Sky....

....or even better why don't the SPL just create a new Glasgow Challenge Cup for the next few seasons played between two well supported teams from Glasgow over 4 matches throughout the season.... :ponder:

Simples :wink:

I like the suggestion someone sent in to BBC.

Basically the SPL will be deemed to be the 4th flight of Scottish football. The SFA will then impose their sanctions on Rangers, which consist of relegation from D3, and voila! Sky deal saved and its business as usual for everyone. Then league restructuring takes place which puts the SPL back to the top of the structure next season.

Two weeks today will be Newcos first game if indeed it is Dundee who take the step up:

Saturday 28th July @ 15:00

Ramsdens Cup

Brechin City FC v The Rangers FC

Will they have a team though?

I don't think this is the case because:

1. If New Rangers are a continuation of old Rangers then they would enter the comp in Round 4 because they finished 2nd in the SPL/

2. If they are a new club, then they are ineligible for the competition because they were not SFA members at the time of the draw and it is unlikey they will be full members of the SFA in time for the commencement of the competition.

What's the bet the Appeals Tribunal determines the penalty as suspension or explusion from the Cup. A competition they would not be eligible for anyway.