Travelling to away games?

dougal

Do many on here travel regularly to away games and if so what are your prefered means of transport?

I'm more a home bird myself but any away games I've attended have all been mostly by car but on the odd occasion train when I fancy a good swally

I've a couple of relations staying with me next month and they both fancy attending their first ICT match at the TCS but also an away game to sample the travelling experience

Now I know from reading this site there are normally two buses leaving sneck for every away match but what size of buses are they and are they normally full?

I realise that the supporters club bus is for members only so I doubt that's really an option and to be honest i don't really want to expose my relatives to the famous cake baking but the costs for both buses seem very reasonable compared to train tickets and the cost of diesel for the motor

I'm just really wanting to hear personal experiences from fellow ICT fans on what they prefer really before I decide what method of transport to go for

Dougal

Dougal, I believe the size of Supporters Trust bus depends on the uptake of seats. Anything from A seventeen seater to a forty eight seat coach. The Supporters Club bus is always a coach. The experience of the travel is what you make it. Not staying in Inverness I generally dont use either, though I have been picked up at Perth on the odd occassion.

Oh! and I dont think there's cake served every time on the SC bus.

Dougal, will you be leading the conga at Dunfermline on Saturday?

Being central belt based now, I can't help very much, as most of us down here travel shorter distances by train. If your looking for a few drinks, then go on the train, if not then the buses are cheaper and i'm sure you can lead the debates in person!

Edited by CapitalCaley