FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kilmarnock - My Heroes - Woohooooo

tm4tj

Lennon said after the game "For me it was a criminal decision and it has cost us a Treble. Awful, awful refereeing". If he ever wonders why a lot of people in Scottish football don't like him (and his club), he should revisit that statement, his team were one nil down at the time so the decision didn't cost them a treble, it cost them the opportunity to equalaise in a game in a season where they haven't won any trophies yet and there's no guarantee that they will win the Scottish Cup. The arrogance of him irritates me!

• Agree 3

Liam Kelly's father with suspected heart attack is the reason for the celebrations cut short I'm led to believe.

Best day of his life to the worst in an instant sincerely hope that it's not the case but if it is true then I hope he pulls through and makes a speedy recovery

• Agree 1

Lennon said after the game "For me it was a criminal decision and it has cost us a Treble. Awful, awful refereeing". If he ever wonders why a lot of people in Scottish football don't like him (and his club), he should revisit that statement, his team were one nil down at the time so the decision didn't cost them a treble, it cost them the opportunity to equalaise in a game in a season where they haven't won any trophies yet and there's no guarantee that they will win the Scottish Cup. The arrogance of him irritates me!

M

My sentiments exactly. It wasn't a penalty and Stokes is renound for diving, yellow card deserved. And if it was given who's to say they would have scored? Who's to say they would win the Scottish cup? Ungracious and callous, that is Mr Lennon for you.

Well done Killie!!! Could not be happier for them!

And also it is horrible to hear that Liam Kellys dad suffered a heart attack at the end, thoughts go to him and his family at this time.

I had thought that Lennon was learning a few lessons but he has crept straight back into the gutter with his comments today. It was a tough call for the penalty but I thought the ref got it right. The studio panellists were saying that they couldn't see contact but to be fair, I think there must have been some with the defender coming in at the angle he did although any contact would have been after the ball was played. No penalty was the correct decision but I don't know that the ref could be sure it was a dive, so I think the yellow card was harsh.

Lennon had seen the replays before he made his pathetic comments and that makes them so much worse. Even had it been a stone waller, the point he misses is that Celtic should not have been in the position of needing a penalty to simply stay in with a chance of winning the match. Celtic were out thought tactically and the players were less motivated - and that comes down to the manager. Lennon. He should simply have brushed the question aside "the referee thought it wasn't a penalty so it wasn't a penalty" and then gone on to say that it was disappointing to be in the position late in the game where such a decision is important.

Should also comment on the goal. Top quality. Good movement of the ball in midfield, a lovely weighted through ball behind the defence, an absolutely perfect first time cross and a crisp header. Celtic's defence was torn apart and made to look like statues. Had Barcelona scored that, the media would be purring about them being different class again. A goal worthy of winning any competition.

Well done Kilmarnock!

Awe was the water bottles not close enough to Lennon !!

Now what`s going to happen next week at Ibrox if they win the title

- reckon he needs to be a good boy this week ( never mind this might appear on another thread)

well done Killie, brilliant

Killie - YEAH!!!!!

Won me 65p on 10p Bowling that did - Get in!!!

Great to see a non-OF side go all the way and win it. How much will Stokes me ruing his early 'gift' though...

50/50 on the penalty. Maybe a little contact but Stokes could have definately stayed on his feet.

I was routing for Killy from the off, they played some pretty good football and controlled the game well, one nil up and their still up the park with the ball instead of giving it away. As for a penalty, the ref got it spot on 'from his viewpoint' Stokes gets tackled there is contact on his right leg but blind to the ref, he then forgets to stand on his left leg and goes down, the ref can see this and he gets a card, brilliant. Well done to Killy,the win was deserved, the old firm think they own the SPL, talks of a treble? get it right up ya you arrogant gits.

Just read that his dad passed away, thats a terrible shame but he died an extremely proud man.

Edited by 12th Man