43 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you sit on the expectation scale

• 0-1 - we are going down
    • 2-3 - we are going to struggle but survive
    • 4-5 - we are going to improve and consolidate
    • 5-6 - marked improvement all round on this season/good cup runs
    • 7-8 - top six please and cup semi at the least
    • 9-10 - europe

We often use scales in SFBT interventions so i am going to conduct a psychological research project.

What are your expectation levels for next season ?

I appear to be 12 months behind a lot of you - I would have gone for 4-5 this season and I have been sorely disappointed. I am going fer 5-6 next season as I feel that we have had enuff time to regroup, have wasted that time and opportunity and we have to step up - especially with the gudgies expecting to grow above us.

Confidence is not high. Realistically I'll settle for some finishing above County and some entertaining home games, with performances containing some passion. Anything else is a bonus.

• Agree 2

OK - I'll go along with this.

Terry alternates between good seasons and bad - this one has not been good.

The presence of County will inspire us to better things.

The team will regroup over the summer, learning from mistakes.

Top six for me, and a cup final.

Hell, it's just another meaningless poll!

• Agree 1

We often use scales in SFBT interventions so i am going to conduct a psychological research project.

I appear to be 12 months behind a lot of you - I would have gone for 4-5 this season and I have been sorely disappointed. I am going fer 5-6 next season as I feel that we have had enuff time to regroup, have wasted that time and opportunity and we have to step up - especially with the gudgies expecting to grow above us.

In what way do think we need therapy? Do you not think some NLP would be more effective in the short term? Some hypnotic word patterns to spin our minds around to your way of thinking? How are you going to use the results of your little experiment?

A consistent run of wins, some wins of more than a 1 goal difference, a finishing higher than 10th that is earnt by good performances, and a cup run that dosent involve meeting Celtic. I'm probably demanding too much though.

In what way do think we need therapy? Do you not think some NLP would be more effective in the short term? Some hypnotic word patterns to spin our minds around to your way of thinking? How are you going to use the results of your little experiment?

Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us. :wink:

Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us. :wink:

:wink:

SPL - all I expect is survival each season, I consider the size, stature, fanbase, season tickets, revenue of our club which makes it one of the lowest in the league, therefore we have to consider our expectations accordingly - anything achieved in terms of league sucess such as top 6 etc is probably longterm unsustainable for our club and would only be based on seasons of good fortune.

Every season and next year will be no different I expect good cup runs, sadly they have been lacking over the last few years but as County, Kille, D Utd have shown getting to cup finals is achievable for smaller clubs. Thats where we need to improve.

So consolidate in the league and improve showing in the cups with at least QF or better in both comps.

No idea what next season will hold. I expect us to be battling at the bottom of the league but no idea if we will survive or not. A lot depends on how the squad is looking come next season. At present I would expect us to finish bottom with what we have and the way we are playing just now but that can all change very quickly.

Not expecting to be in the top half but would be happy above County in a safe mid table position. I don't want us to be worried about relegation when the table splits.

improve and consolidate

intresting choice of words as by most accounts improvement is anything bar relegation after this season consolidate...hard to say but would like to think another season could bring on some of our youngsters towards a good team backbone being built...

this fence is awfull uncomfortable but then it looked so good theough my rose tinted glasses

I would like to see us:

1. win the Scottish Cup and in doing so secure European football

2. finish in the top six

3. play a large part in relegating county - to firmly put them in their place.

A top six place must be the first goal and something which should have already been achieved in my opinion but due to stagnation and lack of ambition from the top this sadly has not happened

Unfortunately at present we are a long way off and along with European football it remains a pipe dream

Mass changes are required over the summer in playing staff because if not we will have suffered an embarrassing relegation at this point in a years time

Dougal

The way I see it is this. We are more than capable of a decent cup run as other clubs of a similar size have shown. This, however is draw dependant and it is always good to avoid the OF in the earlier rounds and this has not been possible lately.

With regard to the league we will make top 6 eventually but realistically we are not going to do that every season and probably will be relegation candidates some seasons as well. All I ask is that we play a team that look like they are playing for us and each other and are doing their best. Cant ask for any more really considering our budget.

Does the following paragraph say that the Aberdeen press are liars

"I've spoken to the manager but I'm not going to make a decision on my future until after the Hibs game," insisted Hayes. "I think there's been contact from Aberdeen, but the only guy I'm talking to is Terry Butcher. I'm ambitious and I want to push on, but I've had a good sit down with the manager and I'm happy with where he's coming from with regard to next season."

or does it say Jonny's staying?

Much too early for predictions. I'm putting my glasses into semi retirement for the time being.

Ask again in July please IHE now isn't phsycologically good according to the prophets. In fact why not hold a seance with our local SEER I'm sure he would give you some pointers on your project.

:shrug: