FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT squad 2012-13

Everyone is talking about having a lack of money to compete in the market... Fine. Deal with it, Bring in who we can with the budget we have. But what is wrong with trying to get a few more youth players in the team. This is what is wrong with Scottish football, we arent using what we have and we are going to south to get players. Who says we dont have future Scotland internationals in our youth sides. They are never going to get a chance to play at this club if we keep bringing in players from outside. Fair enough if most of them arent ready yet, but give the boys a chance!

Barcelona will not sign any player to first team under 18 because they believe that to be the best age to start their intigration into first team football. Even then only a very select few make it to starting 11. Do we have any youths that are capable of the step up? Because that is the key. They have to be of a mature enough body and mind to go straight from youth to top flight otherwise they could be harmed physically and mentally.

I love how informative and updated this thread is. I don't have to check the news who's going to play or not. Sweet!

People, people, people, no need to bring in the bitchiness. Everyone has a viewpoint but some are not seeing the big picture. It doesn't matter if its Butcher or Baker at the helm. The fact is we cant afford the calibre of player we need for this league. Christ, if we cant afford to keep Rossco, and I'd wager he was on not much more than a grand a week, then we cant afford to be in the market. For the last few seasons we've had to find financial bale-outs of 1/4 million just to make ends meet. I predict this club will be back in the lower leagues and part time in the not too distant future. Nobody has money to invest and gates are dropping. There are no assets to mortgage and the level of interest for football in the Highlands does not match the national average per head of population.

Danny Baker?

With all the talk of where are our youth players getting into the first team, this last two seasons the under 19s have been twelfth out of twelve in the spl u19s league. When most of the spl clubs are only offering a few of their youth players contracts, why would we be offering more than the others, when our home breed were not as good as others as a team. Im sure the likes of Sheffield Utd and Wednesday are releasing better 19 year olds than we did, and thats the english 3rd tier.

ICT management will be doing what is best for the ICT team, never seen a manager who does everything to fail

I don't think you can put financial trouble as the reason as to why attendances are dropping. It seems to be a bit of a trend with Butcher actually. Sydney's attendances plummeted while he was there with his kick and rush approach being the main reason why.

Absolutely right. Attendances in England are generally keeping up and in many cases improving. People would turn up if the product was right. Of course, there have been times when ICT have played attractive stuff under Butcher but in general it has been pretty grim stuff and many fans have been voting with their feet. There has been plenty discussion on this forum about the quality of football on show this season. Part of that may be the calibre of the player we can afford but it is also down to tactics. It is Butcher who stopped Tokely going on his rampaging runs up the park and Butcher who stopped Munro using his long throw. And, yes, I know we got caught out from time to time when the guys did that but we enjoyed watching it and Tokely's scoring record perhaps suggests the tactic paid off more often than we got caught out.

I still feel that Butcher has done quite well results wise since he's been here so he must be doing something right. Unfortunately, he is also getting a lot wrong. The coming season will be make or break time for the manager. It will be his 4th season with his team and it will be fair to judge him on how we do both in terms of results and the entertainment value provided. There are some who expect top six but to my mind that is unrealistic. I think finishing no worse than 9th would be a realistic expectation of where we would expect to be with a manager in his 4th year but frankly I will be both surprised and delighted if we achieve that. Looking at the way last season went and how the closed season is progressing I'll happily settle for 11th and really don't care whether County finish above us or not. We must be favourites for the drop. Come on Terry, prove me wrong!

• Agree 5

The bitterness on this forum is unreal can people get a grip please.

I don't think it is all bitterness, people are rightly concerned with the way things are going with Butcher Luke. This season will be a testing one and I hope your optimism is proved to be correct

• Agree 2

Perhaps this has already been said but have we looked at the Highland League? For example who ended up top scorers in the season just finished? Are there any youngish strikers and centre backs out there who would welcome a chance at full time football with an SPL club close to home?

Come on Terry take a chance on one or two.