FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hayes Aberdeen FC Official (Maybe)

Donview

Tonight's Aberdeen Evening Express has an article highlighting Pa Broon's targets. Could be the usual Sean Wallace tripe but final paragraph is a worry:

And Hayes today confirmed he will leave Inverness Caley Thistle. He said "it is a wrench to leave the club. But it is time to start the next chapter of my career."

If it's true fine, if it's more speculative sh*t stirring then the club should take him to task.

I`m pretty sure any decision is a long way off yet & doubt Aberdeen will be the one.

He will be weighing up all his options like he is entitled to do same as everyone else in demand.

It is still possible he could see sense & stay as per TBs thinking that another year will give him an even bigger stepping stone.

Those as others have said were Proctor's Twitter quotes I think. I reckon if Hayes does go, it won't be to another Scottish club, it'll be down to the England. I also reckon that there's more chance of him staying than going to another SPL side.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Tonight's Aberdeen Evening Express has an article highlighting Pa Broon's targets. Could be the usual Sean Wallace tripe but final paragraph is a worry:

And Hayes today confirmed he will leave Inverness Caley Thistle. He said "it is a wrench to leave the club. But it is time to start the next chapter of my career."

If it's true fine, if it's more speculative sh*t stirring then the club should take him to task.

From Skysports:

Meanwhile, defender David Proctor is leaving Inverness after eight years at the Highlands outfit and he admits it will be a wrench to move on.

"It's a bit of a wrench to leave the club. But it's time to start the next chapter in my career," noted Proctor

I don't agree with Proctor that Aberdeen is an awful place, I've lived in the west coast Highlands and also Glasgow before Aberdeen and I haven't ever been as happy as I am now..

I do agree though that a move to Aberdire (the team) would be disasterous for Hayes, such a step sidewards for as player with so much potential. The Evening Express has always been a spread of sh#t and never have I read such poor journalism, it's almost embarressing.

Edited by MrCaleyjag
  • Agree 2

I've been to every SPL ground in the country this season...the only place where i got abused purely for supporting Caley was in Aberdeen. Most places are ok. You get the odd fan that makes a joke but most always get the crack with you. You dont get any banter at Aberdeen with supporters.

• Agree 1

I am reliably informed that the quote was attributed to Ross Tokely.

I sometimes wish that my second sight was not so powerful. It looks like the "master plan" may have been to offload Rosscoe to free up the spondoolachs to offer Johnny and improved deal. The responsible muppets have now probably ended up losing them both. Rangers are going to have a stronger squad than us at this rate !!

• Agree 1

Don't get me wrong I have met some very nice people through here and the nightlife is better than Inverness but in general I find the place grey, miserable, overpriced and inhabited by some rude people. Its not as if Aberdeen are a big club anymore too. They have a dormant fan base but have been poor since the 1990's with the exception of Calderwoods stint. He could do a lot better.

• Agree 1

Just to keep this updated. Read this today...

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown’s number one target Jonny Hayes has been offered a two-year contract at Pittodrie.

The 24-year-old Irish attacker, who has also been offered a new two-year deal by Caley Thistle, held contract talks with Brown and Dons chief executive Duncan Fraser yesterday.

Aberdeen have also been given the go-ahead to open contract talks with Nigel Hasselbaink after the Dutch attacker rejected an offer from St Mirren.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2773715