FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hayes Aberdeen FC Official (Maybe)

Donview

Odd that Aberdeen offer that salary to Hayes (if true) but not to rising talent like Fyvie. With Tade gone, perhaps we should be looking to use his wages to offer Jonny a bit more - we struggles for goals last year so if we manage to get a striker from somewhere we need our best creative talent staying.

If he wanted to play in a large empty stadium, then surely he'd find more satisfaction in signing for Queens Park?

I'm sure it will be empty after some time, but as you know moving to a new ground generally does boost the crowds for a while. They are a club that are at least trying to look like they're going somewhere.

Odd that Aberdeen offer that salary to Hayes (if true) but not to rising talent like Fyvie. With Tade gone, perhaps we should be looking to use his wages to offer Jonny a bit more - we struggles for goals last year so if we manage to get a striker from somewhere we need our best creative talent staying.

Fyvie left of his own accord I think.

It would be good (if possible) if the club cleared this up with some official statement

There's not much the club can say other than they have offered a deal to Hayes. ICT won't know what is going on with regards to the contract offer from Aberdeen.

DOH - can ICT not offer a statement following assurances from Johnny Hayes that this is all feckin tosh ?

No. Why should they? This is a matter between Hayes, his agent and whatever potential employer he has identified. The only statement that I would expect from ICT is if he decides to sign a contract with us.

I have just spoken to Craig Brown who said "of course its true Johndo" and blew a raspberry down the phone. I then spoke to the grandmother of Johnny Hayes who informed me that wee johnny was always " a bit of a fibber". I think I must have got the wrong number for Terry butcher as the respondent said "Feck off" and slammed down the phone when I said who I was.

• Agree 2

Seems clear enough . Jonny told his agent to broker a deal with AFC that would pay him X amount , the agent sat down with Craig Brown and got the deal Jonny was after so Aberdeen were quite correct in stating that agreement has been met on a 2 year deal . Bye bye Jonny .

Not surprised if it does turn out to be Aberdeen either, off the pitch a bigger club than us and moving to a new 20 odd thousand stadium in a couple of years time. I can see why he'd be tempted, even if on the pitch their pretty much on par with us just now.

Now Sir

Let's get the facts correct here!

The Dons are off - they hope - to a new site .... to clear some of the large debt hanging over the club using the sale of their current site for housing!! It does not reflect their hope of attracting higher crowds.

I can confirm, at first hand, the non-renewal of many season tickets for the coming season at Pittodrie.

They could end up with a new ground, reduced crowds but a more balanced bank debt.

Jonny, signing for the Dons, is a big mistake by his agent, taking a longer term view, as their cash restrictions mean he will be surrounded by players, in his new team, similar to ICT - brought in on loan on lower league hopefuls. You only have to look at Alouka, who blossomed when not surrounded by average or worse players once he arrived at Ibrox.

Jonny could be another Alouka, dragged down by the overall teams performance, waiting for a bigger club to recognise his undoubted talent, whilst he endures pelters from the Dons 'fans' due to his 'large' paypacket.

Has Pa Broon got a bigger 'pull' than our Terry when it comes to courting English lower league teams for players? I doubt it - so Jonny could be better here where he is at least appreciated by discerning fans!

disappointed.

If true, it seems to be a move motivated by money rather than career enhancement or ambition and I thought JH was a bigger man than that. nothing more to say really.

unfollowed on Twitter !

• Agree 2

I am doubting this news !

Chances are Aberdeen have shot themselves in the foot here.

There is as yet no real clarity- I probably wont believe it unless Jonny does tweet confirmation,or TB or caley statement which I feel should be made.

Cant believe everything in the press or media / not even June yet !

On the point of 20,000 seater stadium. Jonny is unlikely to be at Aberdeen by the time thats in use. AFC have put back the start of the stadium build because they have been unable to secure a deal that gives them all the land they require. Somebody is holding out for more cash methinks. AFC. stated last week that it will be at least a further year before building can commence and they expect it to take a year to build. I cant see Jonny staying at the Pitt for more than two years if he goes there at all.

I probably wont believe it unless Jonny does tweet confirmation,or TB or caley statement which I feel should be made.

ICT cannot really make a statement other than to say they dont know whats going on can they?

The player is currently a free agent, he is on holiday abroad, and his agent has, by the sounds of it, sourced or agreed a deal at Aberdeen that meets whatever requirements he (JH) may have set the agent before he left on his hols .... only JH himself can issue any definitive statement to say whether he will accept the offered/agreed deal ...

disappointed.

If true, it seems to be a move motivated by money rather than career enhancement or ambition and I thought JH was a bigger man than that. nothing more to say really.

unfollowed on Twitter !

But was it motivated more by his agent's prospective increase in his bank balance? Worst thing that ever happened in football......people with no ability making money from the abilities of other. Why would anybody want somebody who looks on them as a cash cow for their benefit make their decisions for them? Never understood the concept, myself.

JH was very quick to dismiss it this morning. As I said earlier if it isn't true Aberdeen havnt helped themselves. This has caused jonny some grief taking time out of his holiday to tweet about his future when he should really be relaxing after a difficult season.