FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hayes Aberdeen FC Official (Maybe)

Donview

Aberdeen FC Official Statement

Aberdeen FC can confirm that agreement has been reached with Jonny Hayes on a two year deal that will commence at the end of his present contract with Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC.

Chief Executive Duncan Fraser stated "We met with Jonny's agent Des Byrne prior to the last game of the season and both Jonny and his agent felt that this was the right move for him. Negotiations were carried out in an extremely professional way and I am pleased to say he has chosen Aberdeen ahead of a number of potential clubs. Jonny was a key target for Craig and we are delighted with the outcome".

Jonny will sign the deal after undergoing a medical on his return from holiday.

Seems nobody is telling porkies.

The articles say agreement has been reached...............none of them say signing has been completed...............Jonny makes his tweet that he hasn't signed which is true. He will however sign if all goes well with his medical on return from holiday. Goodbye Jonny.......you've made a big mistake going to this club.

• Agree 2

better from Jonny

jonathan hayes@jonnyhayes7

No I have not signed for Aberdeen! My agent was speaking to them before I went on holiday 10 days ago, il kno what's happening when I'm Back

Seems nobody is telling porkies.

The articles say agreement has been reached...............none of them say signing has been completed...............Jonny makes his tweet that he hasn't signed which is true. He will however sign if all goes well with his medical on return from holiday. Goodbye Jonny.......you've made a big mistake going to this club.

Maybe a poor choice of words on my part however it seems strange that Aberdeen announce a deal is agreed while Jonny himself seems keen to distance himself from any deal being agreed.

Anyways i stand by my original point in another thread, big lack of ambition shown by him moving to Aberdeen IMO

Panic panic.........someones released news before I've had a chance to explain things to Inverness. in these days of modern technology I cannot believe communication between agent and player would not happen regardless of where in the world each was.

Panic panic.........someones released news before I've had a chance to explain things to Inverness. in these days of modern technology I cannot believe communication between agent and player would not happen regardless of where in the world each was.

Think you have hit the nail on the head Alex, I very much doubt AFC would put up an official announcement unless it was true and subject to a medical he will sign

Dont think anyone is panicing Alex, just a lot of people confused over a lot of conflicting communication, assumption and rumour on where Hayes will be playing next season. I am the first one to admit our chances of holding onto him are slim to none and am under no illusions that our offer to him will in no doubt be double if not trebled or more by other clubs

If, according to media reports, he has only verbally agreed terms with Aberdeen while on holiday then what would stop him phoning Tel to say thanks gaffer for a few good years but i'm off east to cuddle some sheep?

it seems strange that Aberdeen announce a deal is agreed while Jonny himself seems keen to distance himself from any deal being agreed.

He's too embarrassed to admit it? He certainly ought to be.

• Agree 4

Dont think anyone is panicing Alex, just a lot of people confused over a lot of conflicting communication, assumption and rumour on where Hayes will be playing next season. I am the first one to admit our chances of holding onto him are slim to none and am under no illusions that our offer to him will in no doubt be double if not trebled or more by other clubs

If, according to media reports, he has only verbally agreed terms with Aberdeen while on holiday then what would stop him phoning Tel to say thanks gaffer for a few good years but i'm off east to cuddle some sheep?

Think Alex was meaning that Hayes was panicing as it came out before he informed ICT, well thats how I read it anyway

Think Alex was meaning that Hayes was panicing as it came out before he informed ICT, well thats how I read it anyway

My mistake, I misunderstood that it was us fans that were panicing! Not yet but not far off if our players continues to jump ship! :tongueincheek:

Hayes has tweeted his final word on the issue "This is the last tweet about the matter, I dont have my sim card on holiday on holiday and I wont be making a decision Til I get back! Have a good day"

My mistake, I misunderstood that it was us fans that were panicing! Not yet but not far off if our players continues to jump ship! :tongueincheek:

Hayes has tweeted his final word on the issue "This is the last tweet about the matter, I dont have my sim card on holiday on holiday and I wont be making a decision Til I get back! Have a good day"

Obviously he has Internet tho so has email I expect. He's off!

I guess Hayes will be earning more money but it's not really a big step up the footballing ladder. I had assumed he'd be heading down south but maybe no one else was interested of course?? Worrying times given our management’s team limited success in player recruitment

Edited by kencar

I'd say moving anywhere but the EPL or possibly the strong promotion candidates of the Championship would be the only step up from the SPL. He might earn more money at Doncaster or Coventry but there's no chance of Europe, Cups, tv fame, international recognition (see James McPake) etc. Aberdeen has that. Hell, even ICT has a better chance of it. Maybe time to look at the positives Scottish football can offer other than a bigger wage packet, sitting on the benches of a club that will go nowhere?

And for the record, I hope Hayes stays. But if not, I hope he stays in Scotland to improve play in the SPL.

STV have spoken to his agent Dessie Byrne who has confirmed the deal with Aberdeen has been agreed

also a figure of just over £2000 per week would appear to be the reason he has decided to move

Edited by Dargo20

Unless Jonny is lying through his teeth on Twitter, and that would be totally out of character as he's normally pretty straight up with his comments, then it sounds to me like the agent has jumped the gun and agreed a deal without his (Jonny's) knowledge.

It could very well be that Jonny had told his agent he was looking for a deal that consisted of XYZ and Aberdeen have offered those terms, but that's still a ways off from agreeing and signing a deal.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Aberdeen have released the statement hoping that other interested parties might now think he's unavailable and overlook him.

Jonny's agent is more desprate than he is for this move. Terry Butcher said Aberdeen were very courteous and professional in their approach for Jonny but im sorry this is anything but. Jonny has repeatedly denied he has agreed anything and today it is simply more of the same.

I think we all know he's going, does it really matter to what club at the end of the day? If he wanted to stay, as with Adam Rooney and countless others the contract would already be signed months ago, let alone before he went on holiday. Not surprised if it does turn out to be Aberdeen either, off the pitch a bigger club than us and moving to a new 20 odd thousand stadium in a couple of years time. I can see why he'd be tempted, even if on the pitch their pretty much on par with us just now.