FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Anti-Butcher brigade - What's the expectation

bdu98196

Open Q to all who seem to be against the work of TB and expect more from him - there are numerous threads indicating people are not happy.

What are the expectations people have for the club? What does TB need to do to win backing?

This is about what the club needs moving forward - not another thread about TB has let stalwarts of the club leave (players with only a few years of playing careers left or wage demands outwith the structure we can sustain). Lets see if people can look forwards for a change - not always back ;)

Firstly, I think we need to try and get away from having to rebuild a team every year by having players sign one year deals. I know that it can be difficult to sign players on longer deals but i think it has to be done or at least considered.

Secondly, I think we have to build up a core of our playing staff (50%) to be made up of players through our youth system or drawn frm Highalmd League, lower Scottish Divisions. There must be players at that level who can cut it at a higher level and, along with home produced talent, are more likely to stay for longer building continuity. This may also have the benefit of bringing in transfer fees somewhere down the line.

Lastly, the Board need to be more proactive with fans as i am sure there are a lot of people out there willing to help the club in whatever way they can but this has not been tapped into.

Don't eally think many of us want to see the squad change year-on-year, but is that entireley TB's fault? We all know there is little cash about so we cant afford transfer fee's so always looking for free or released players, geographically many don't want to move here and those that do only want it as a shop window. This means we arent in a position to buy the best of young talent even from the lower leagues - the days of even signing Imrie for circa £50k are probably consigned to history. Perhaps the players dont want more than 1 year deals? As a club we cant garuntee SPL football every season as relegation is and always will be a risk, so tying players to longer deals is a risk if we went down - but is that driven by the board or TB?

The board being more proactive with the fans - again how is this directly linked to TB? A vailid point regarding areas for improvment though.

I agree with the comments about team bonding, spirit and the guys playing for each other being motivated - that's heavily at TB's door but many of the players have to take responsibility too - last year many let us down and didnt show enough commitment. (yes he signed many, but sometimes in life individuals need to take personal responsibiliy too)

The style of play, tactics and scouting process are the areas that TB should be critisised for IMO. As for expectations SPL survival would be good every year plus at least one cup run to a semi or further every few years. Thats what I expect and if TB can maintain that or deliver better then I'm satisfied with him in charge.

• Agree 1

Once again he seems to have been caught out by the mass exodus of players, its although he assumed they would sign on again just because he's Terry Butcher!

We have lost Tuffey,Piemaker,Williams,Golobert,Tokeley,Boyo jones,Hayes,Winnall,Tansey,Tade & Proctor and possibly signed 1 player.

I would love to see TB announce the signing of some replacements!!!

Not exactly sure where this thread came from and where it is leading to. It purely seeks repetitive comments from the other threads, invites more criticism, disagreement and increases frustration levels.

No, its come from every thread descending into a platform for certain fans to continually drag up the past and constantly critisise TB, now this is a chance for those fans to state what they actually expect from the club and what they want to see happen. It will allow the rest of us to understand at what point the fan base will become reunited behind the team again?

I agree with:

In a nutshell! Team bonding, loyalty to the club and make inroads into playing attractive football without the loss of many games.....not easy !

Firstly, I think we need to try and get away from having to rebuild a team every year by having players sign one year deals. I know that it can be difficult to sign players on longer deals but i think it has to be done or at least considered.

Secondly, I think we have to build up a core of our playing staff (50%) to be made up of players through our youth system or drawn frm Highalmd League, lower Scottish Divisions. There must be players at that level who can cut it at a higher level and, along with home produced talent, are more likely to stay for longer building continuity. This may also have the benefit of bringing in transfer fees somewhere down the line.

Lastly, the Board need to be more proactive with fans as i am sure there are a lot of people out there willing to help the club in whatever way they can but this has not been tapped into.

If we finish 7th next season and have to change the entire team again I wouldn't be happy. That's the problem for me, I don't want to keep seeing massive overhauls on our squad.

I agree with the comments about team bonding, spirit and the guys playing for each other being motivated - that's heavily at TB's door but many of the players have to take responsibility too - last year many let us down and didnt show enough commitment.

The style of play, tactics and scouting process are the areas that TB should be critisised for IMO. As for expectations SPL survival would be good every year plus at least one cup run to a semi or further every few years. Thats what I expect and if TB can maintain that or deliver better then I'm satisfied with him in charge.

I would love to see TB announce the signing of some replacements!!!

Not that they havent been said or posted before and a shure sign that some people just look at the negativity.

Well... another negative wee ditty, the players that left were pi55ed off with the famous butcher rants, seemingly it got to the stage they were ignoring him.

It shows a lack of tactical awareness where his inability to understand whats happening on the pitch leads to frustration which results in him blowing his top!!

Well... another negative wee ditty, the players that left were pi55ed off with the famous butcher rants, seemingly it got to the stage they were ignoring him.

It shows a lack of tactical awareness where his inability to understand whats happening on the pitch leads to frustration which results in him blowing his top!!

Well I think we want a manager for the future. TB doesn't strike me as that man, the loss of an entire team speaks volumes about his forward thinking. And no, it's not just about money.

I agree with those as well which only goes to show that you can harbour differing views about individual performances and the running of the club in general.

• Agree 1