FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

David Raven

Alanmaceach

Liverpool (played once), Tranmere, Carlisle, Shrewsbury, Tranmere, released. Former England U21, so as good a pedigree as we can realistically hope to get.

However, his Wiki page the phrase "injury plagued" desribes a season at Carlise and is used again for his time at Shrewbury. Just looked at the Total Tranmere forum where someone has said he is joining us and says "Good luck to him. Would probably have remained our first choice right back had he not picked up an injury".

So, bit of a pattern emerging. But how else do we get players of potentially very high calibre? I'm excited by the prospect of him joining us.

Seems to have decent pedigree and from his bio at Tranmere it appears he is versatile in that he can play anywhere at the back. He does indeed sound like a Tokely replacement

The 26-year old, who can play anywhere across the back four, joined Rovers after spending pre-season training at the Club.

He came through the Centre of Excellence at Tranmere Rovers before moving to Liverpool. After spending time on loan at Prenton Park in 2005-06, he then joined Carlisle United where he made more than 150 appearances and moved to Shrewsbury Town last summer.

Heres hoping his injury problems are behind him and he can do a job for the team

Welcome aboard David

Sorry but no it doesn't. We are gambling on unknowns and losing the best of the players from last season - I will probably get peters for this but is Terry Butcher getting too "big" fer ICT - back in Sneck this week and the people I have talked to all feel that he has become "bigger" than the club.

Sorry but no it doesn't. We are gambling on unknowns and losing the best of the players from last season - I will probably get peters for this but is Terry Butcher getting too "big" fer ICT - back in Sneck this week and the people I have talked to all feel that he has become "bigger" than the club.

Not too sure about being bigger than the club IHE but certainly think that someone at the club, at Board level, has to be preapred to stand up against TB, when required. I don't think, should that need to happen, that there is anyone ruthless enough on the board to do this currently.

On a slightly related problem, I think that is a major issue for ICT in that the board need a leader who can give direction/vison to the club to take it forward. That is sadly lacking, in my opinion, at the moment.

Not too sure about being bigger than the club IHE but certainly think that someone at the club, at Board level, has to be preapred to stand up against TB, when required. I don't think, should that need to happen, that there is anyone ruthless enough on the board to do this currently.

On a slightly related problem, I think that is a major issue for ICT in that the board need a leader who can give direction/vison to the club to take it forward. That is sadly lacking, in my opinion, at the moment.

How do we know that nobody in the board does stand up to him? If you are talking about signings or releasing players the board are correct to let TB be free to make those desisions I don't want a board that gets involved in that, a manager live or dies by these desisions and whether they are right or wrong they have to be his.

I for am happy with Kenny Cameron at the helm, can you be more specific as to where we are lacking direction and vision?

With us (hopefully) signing this talented but injury prone David Raven, one of 2 things is going to happen.

1. He will avoid injury and be a great player for us, and having used us as a springboard to prove his reliability, earn a decent move back to England, prompting many of our fans to moan that we should have given him a long term contract rather than a 1 year deal.

2. He will get injured, prompting many of our fans to moan that we should never have signed him in the first place given his history.

If you want to have any credibility later in the season when criticising the club for getting it wrong either way, please nail your colours to the mast now and state your view without the benefit of hindsight, thanks.

With us (hopefully) signing this talented but injury prone David Raven, one of 2 things is going to happen.

1. He will avoid injury and be a great player for us, and having used us as a springboard to prove his reliability, earn a decent move back to England, prompting many of our fans to moan that we should have given him a long term contract rather than a 1 year deal.

2. He will get injured, prompting many of our fans to moan that we should never have signed him in the first place given his history.

If you want to have any credibility later in the season when criticising the club for getting it wrong either way, please nail your colours to the mast now and state your view without the benefit of hindsight, thanks.

So what has happened to the "injury prone" signings that we have taken on previously. When anyone has a recurring injury history it is a huge risk to take on - especially if it has caused regular disruption. Several other clubs have also clearly made their decision - and this should also be a step up in respect of fitness and SPL football. I am afraid that number 2 would be the more potential outcome by far.

IHE

Do you think you could have a word with that frenetic penguin. He obviously knows his way around a keyboard. I,m in desperate need of a Vision Board 2 with large 1 inch keys. Looks like he is having a whale of a time though.

Walmart has them in the United States of Americcy but won't ship them to Canada, not even to their Walmart stores in this country. Why?- Because they have a buyer for the U S and a separate buyer for Canada.--and never the twain shall meet ................ GO Figure!

In any event we have had an EAGLE playing for us so why not a Raven? And I am sure there must have t least one Robin in our past even if he wore a Hood=ie ? Oh well, hopefully he will turn out real good and then some of the posters won't have too much to.. grouse.. about...eh? :clapping:

• Agree 1