FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Whinging

tm4tj

Look in the mirror, do you know who that person really is? What is it with everybody just now. Why don't you all just get it off your chest and say what you really think. We on this forum have developed in to a bunch of moaning gits, a whole screed of Richard Wilsons. What the feck is wrong with us, we are all having a really bad time of the month. Stand back and take a look at yourself, should we really be criticising people about something we know little about. How many of us have been SPL footballers? How many of us have been managers of an SPL club? How many of us have a clue about what we are typing? If the answer to any of the questions is no, then why do we all feel the urge to come on here and girn. Some of the posters on here could girn for Scotland, nae Britain, even Olympic standard.

When you don your wee red white and blue scarf on a Saturday lunchtime, do you expect to see Real Madrid playing at the Tulloch stadium or do you think for a minute that only ICT will turn up. We seem to have forgotten our roots pretty quickly and are now turning against our once beloved wee teuchter team. We are playing in the top league in this country, it's not our fault the standard is mediocre.

When things are not going to plan, why don't we just ask for the manager to be sacked, bring me the head of Charlie Christie, why stop there, why not sack the board. What is wrong with us, normally placid folks getting all worked up over a game of football, step back, take stock and get a grip of reality. We have evolved into weegie like morons who think we should win every game, hey, I have got news for you, we never will win every game, we should enjoy it while we are here, it may not last for ever.

We are what we are, no more, no less.............

Give it a rest, don't they know it's Xmas time.

Oh, happy Xmas ya moaning bunch.

Look in the mirror, do you know who that person really is? What is it with everybody just now. Why don't you all just get it off your chest and say what you really think. We on this forum have developed in to a bunch of moaning gits, a whole screed of Richard Wilsons. What the feck is wrong with us, we are all having a really bad time of the month. Stand back and take a look at yourself, should we really be criticising people about something we know little about. How many of us have been SPL footballers? How many of us have been managers of an SPL club? How many of us have a clue about what we are typing? If the answer to any of the questions is no, then why do we all feel the urge to come on here and girn. Some of the posters on here could girn for Scotland, nae Britain, even Olympic standard.

When you don your wee red white and blue scarf on a Saturday lunchtime, do you expect to see Real Madrid playing at the Tulloch stadium or do you think for a minute that only ICT will turn up. We seem to have forgotten our roots pretty quickly and are now turning against our once beloved wee teuchter team. We are playing in the top league in this country, it's not our fault the standard is mediocre.

When things are not going to plan, why don't we just ask for the manager to be sacked, bring me the head of Charlie Christie, why stop there, why not sack the board. What is wrong with us, normally placid folks getting all worked up over a game of football, step back, take stock and get a grip of reality. We have evolved into weegie like morons who think we should win every game, hey, I have got news for you, we never will win every game, we should enjoy it while we are here, it may not last for ever.

We are what we are, no more, no less.............

Give it a rest, don't they know it's Xmas time.

Oh, happy Xmas ya moaning bunch.

Ahh, the old "You have never done it, so don't complain" argument.  Fine, next time that you criticise a referee, expect to see me with that argument.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

At least he didn't trot out the favourite excuses 1 - We're punching above our weight,  2 - We're the lowest paid team in the SPL, 3 - We haven't the most skillfull players.Etc etc

The first two come up in posts with amazing frequency these days and I bet the players get a real kick out of reading them, imagine running onto the park knowing you have fans thinking you're not good enough for the opposition and you're getting paid peanuts anyway, bet thats a real boost.

By the way TMFTJ, Seasons Greetings and did they decorate the new Bell Tower ? Is the street ceilidh on again this year at Hogmonay??

Well I am about to post two of what I would describe as two of my most negative posts ever BUT they are my true non wind-up opinions and emphasise my frustration that our beloved team is at risk of coming apart at the seams.

Merry Xmas ya old git.  :003:

What's the point in having a discussion board where anyone who criticises the team gets a slagging?

I'm certainly not one of the 'get rid of CC' brigade, but if some people have those opinions then so what? I find the counter argument of 'we should be grateful, look have far we've come, we're just a wee team punching above our weight etc etc' equally absurd.

We are now in our third SPL season. We're an established SPL team. We have earned the right to play all the top teams in Scotland.

If we play pish then I'll say we played pish. If we play well, then I'll be full of praise. Unfortunately, IMO, we've been treated to some absolute dross this season. I don't see the point in covering over that fact with the argument of 'oh well, lets just be grateful we're here'. The simple fact is that some people don't expect us to win every match, far from it, but some of us would at least like to see us lose playing some decent football.

I've no doubt the players go out every week with the intention of giving it their all, but all too often this season it's just been mindnumbingly boring to watch.

If the team continue putting in performances like yesterdays(against by far the worst team in this league), then how else are people supposed to react?

Ahh, the old best form of defence is attack, lets just counter whinge with a whinge.

Did we lose, no.

Did we lose a goal, no.

Did we get outplayed, no.

Established SPL team, no.

Punch above blah blah, no.

Are we playing poor, yes.

Do I expect anything else, no.

Am I gratefrul..........yes.

We did the old play decent football but lose thing against Killie, in retrospect I would rather have taken a  point or three. Remember, if you do that every week, you will get relegated.

Moan all you like, it's your prerogative, I like a good moan as well, but the guys need a break from this, it's Xmas, enjoy your turkey. IHE, get back in yer sub, you are depressing me :015:

Sandy..............have you got piles?

I'm with Davie as well. I am by no means saying that we should boot CC. Far from it as I can't think of anyone who could come in that would be better than him (don't say Brewster).

But if I see an ICT side playing pish I am not going to come on here and lie about it by saying we were unlucky. I will say we played gabarge. Those who were at Tannadice and East End Park will know what it is like to see a truely woeful performance this season. The players will get the praise for the games against Rangers and, erm..... but they will also get criticism when we see dire performances such as Motherwell, Dundee United and Dunfermline.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was something good to write home about (for a good example see Killie last week) but the last 2 away days have been painful to watch. There has been nothing positive to take back from Tannadice or EEP. Nothing!

Guest Sandy Cromarty

No piles but this morning in the shower I thought I had what looked like a rash but when I looked again I saw it was Lipstick, I'll never get pished again.

Thought you were a Grantonian TMFTJ? hence the mention of the bell tower outside the museum.

Problem is that when people have come on here (myself included) and criticise the team, all we get is the same old rubbish.  The last game we won was against Rangers, and even that wasn't a convincing performance against a shoddy Rangers side, yet when I placed my comments down, all I got was people telling me to shut up, and that I hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

Seems that recently people have been coming around and taking their heads out the sand.  Now, I don't think that CC should go, because he hasn't really made any major mistakes, but there are things that he can improve on.

Seems that recently people have been coming around and taking their heads out the sand.  Now, I don't think that CC should go, because he hasn't really made any major mistakes, but there are things that he can improve on.

I think CC would be the first to admit that there is vast scope for improvement and he has to try to make that happen. On the other hand, the players also have a responsibility for shoddy performances and many [but not all] of them should be looking in the mirror today thinking they could do better.

I said yesterday that I didnt think there were any positives during the game and I stand by that. Others may think differently and thats their right and prerogative on a board where there can be many differing opinions.

This may make me a whinger, but lets make this clear, I am in no way calling for Charlie's head on a plate. I still think CC can get the job done and am 100% behind him. However, its no fun listening to that **** far less for those of you paying megabucks to be there in person.

Ermmm....how does me disagreeing with you constitute me moaning??? :017:

Maybe those at yesterdays game should've come out with 'another point gained, another clean sheet, some decent football by us, and the boys gave their all but didn't quite get the breaks. More of the same on Weds please. We've come a long way in such a short space of time' instead?

As I said earlier, this is a discussion forum. However, those critical of the team are readily subjected to a flaming everytime they dare type anything different to the opinions of the 'glass half full' brigade. Me? I'll sit in the middle, I'll criticise when it's justified, likewise I'll praise when it's deserved.

Anyway, I'm away to get pished. Have a good one all.... :001:

Guest Sandy Cromarty

I wasn't at the game yesterday so I cannot comment but going by the posts here by those who were there it did seem to be dire, what I cannot fathom is the change from last week where the lads played there hearts out, but as IHE has mentioned, and I too mentioned it two to three weeks ago, there seems to be some strife in the team, whether it's between the players and the manager or between players we don't know but it does need sorting out. Charlie mentioned today in his interview that half the fans were against him, or words to that effect, but if Charlie reads this as I suspect he does then he must know that the criticism re our present plight is coming from all areas of the ground and many more than half, over the weeks on this site the criticism has clearly grown, even from staunch Charlie supporters. Now like all of us I don't want to see Charlie hurt after all the great years he put in as a player so the management have to act now and do whatever it takes to alleviate the situation, even if it means bringing in an older experienced ex manager.

Problem is that when people have come on here (myself included) and criticise the team, all we get is the same old rubbish.  The last game we won was against Rangers, and even that wasn't a convincing performance against a shoddy Rangers side, yet when I placed my comments down, all I got was people telling me to shut up, and that I hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

By the same token EWS, those who come on and praise the team can come in for some stick !

Oh and sorry to be a pain in the erse but Falkirk was our last win.

As Stevie says, it works both ways....but I do find it funny that some people automatically interpret disagreement as people having a go at them, often reding more into whats said than is actually there.  If they were so confident in the point the were making then they would be able to debate it and back it up, and if they were as open minded as they claim to be then they would be able to understand where any counter argument was coming from instead of reverting to the "I always come in for some stick" stance.

Some posters do offer very little other than ignorant "shut up" style replies, but they are in the minority, and quite frankly, best ignored if they can offer nothing better to the discussion.

Guest airbornejake

Not sure its that simple CD just because we dint get to all the games, or we dint agree with some of the do or die guys does not mean we cant whinge,

How many of us have been SPL footballers? How many of us have been managers of an SPL club? How many of us have a clue about what we are typing?

........ sorry, I thought that was going to be the start of an assault on the legend that is 10CC.