FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

An interesting dilemna ??

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

It was nice to see Morgan back in the fray. I wonder if Charlie is actually considering either starting Morgan at left back and moving Hastings forward or starting Morgan in left midfield - and then going back to the Rankin/Black duo in the middle of the park?

Morgan did pretty well when he came on. It was actually his break from defence and pass to Rankin that led to the winning goal.

There must be a case for bringing Morgan in for McBain, who seems increasingly ineffective these days.

Good call Yngwie

The invisible man disappears as soon as he steps on the pitch, as I said before I have the photo's to prove it. However, he did appear more often in the Rangers game, but with no end product from him, I would have thought that Morgan may be the straight replacement for him.

I've seen Hastings and Morgan link together exceptionally well in the reserve team some time ago - I would love to see them given a chance to show how they can play together.

What you have in Morgan and Hastings is two guys who can play left back or midfield, both are good at running with the ball at their feet and both can deliver a decent ball into the box.  Pairing them up on the left would be a great idea as they are pretty interchangeable and can cover each other without them having to play out of natural position/s.

Guest kingkojak

delighted to see morgan back on the pitch.  thought he looked a little slow but hopefully we will start seeing more of him again and his match fitness will improve rapidly

for now id go with rankin on the left, with the possibility of bringing on former supersub morgan later on and switching rankin into the middle.  once we get everybody back to full fitness (ie keogh and/or hart) then we should try this..

rankin - keogh/hart - black - morgan

yes rankins on the right!  id have him cutting inside and swapping with hart for 90 minutes, have hastings and morgan switching aswell, confuse everybody (hopefully not the players themselves they should all be capable of handling any kind of system)

Guest caradoll101

you cant hav rankin and  black both in centre mid coz it jst doznt work!duh!rankin is jst gettin settled in and is nettin goals in noo nd that woodnt happen if he woz in centre okay?there aint room 4 morgan but he is good 4 a sub but it aint fair coz he aint gonna b able 2 play in 1st team so wee shood let him go 2 where he can

good to know cc's listening re rankin but having a stronger central midfielder beside black than macbain is pretty important, we were a mess today.

Are you feckin wise?  see next time you go to a game... look at the pitch.

For 70 minutes we totally controlled the game, looked bery good and should have scored 4 - 5 goals, Midden got a goal when we settled for a win and put us under pressure.

Mcbain was very close to being my MOM.

Don't know if Morgan has enough about him to be played at left back , sure he's got a decent left foot, but he has next to no pace and on the occasions I've seen him at the back he was found to be watching the long ball sail over his head  too many times.

Maybe over 60 metres he has enough speed to catch up and overtake, but in the real world the first 5 or 10 metres can make all the difference , once your behind a player with the ball running towards the box there ain't much you can do to stop him. Well not within the law anyway.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Rankin has gone from zero to hero since he was shifted out to the left wing - why would you even consider moving him?  Have you no common sense? :006:

The same goes for Hastings - he's been outstanding at left back - why would you move him?

As for Morgan - he's a good attacking midfielder: good close contrlol, terrific crosser, holds the ball as well as anyone in our squad. But he can't defend. When we lose possession, he's a classic ballwatcher. The only time I saw him play at left back was when we lost 3-0 at home to Falkirk last season.