FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Phillip Roberts Contract

BornCaley

I heard a while back that Arsenal weren't going to keep him after the end of this season.  Don't know how true that is, but that's what I was told.

Someone told you that the 18 year old Arsenal have put out on loan to the SPL and then extended the loan isn't going to get kept on?

You must have amazing contacts.

I was told that prior to the 1-1 Hearts game, Robert's was informed by Arsenal that he was going to be released at the end of his contract.  This was a reason that was thus given for his half-hearted performance in that game.

The choice to keep him longer was ICT's decision.  Arsenal have apparently also made their's. 

I was told that prior to the 1-1 Hearts game, Robert's was informed by Arsenal that he was going to be released at the end of his contract.  This was a reason that was thus given for his half-hearted performance in that game.

The choice to keep him longer was ICT's decision.  Arsenal have apparently also made their's. 

This is not the first time Arsenal have put a talented youth out on loan to SPL and then made a bit of cash selling him on to a Championship side. Anthony Stokes springs to mind. Sent from Arsenal to Falkirk to showboat him as a seventeen year old then sold to Sunderland for £2 million. I can see similar happening with Roberts.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

• 5 months later...

I heard a while back that Arsenal weren't going to keep him after the end of this season.  Don't know how true that is, but that's what I was told.

Someone told you that the 18 year old Arsenal have put out on loan to the SPL and then extended the loan isn't going to get kept on?

I told you so!

Looks like I do have amazing contacts after all! 

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/transfer-talk/news/meade-to-be-released-by-arsenal_86832.html

As mentioned on the other thread, Philip Roberts is to be released by Arsenal.

Edited by Renegade

I was only speculating as to a rumour I had heard and as to whether it had affected said player's performance.  He was the one who described my contacts as "amazing".  With the latest news of Roberts release, maybe they are amazing after all!

So do you think we'll look to sign him, and should we? Certainly showed flashes of potential and at 18 has the world ahead of him. Plus look at the let contract expire and move to championship for nothing because we're too short sighted to sign a player up on extra year early enough to stop other teams turning his head, potential.

all i can say is that i heard at arsenal he was getting a 5 figure wage

What an absolute load of rubbish, do you honestly think he was on £10,000 a week?

• Agree 3

There are plenty of young players on 10k+ a week in the Premiership! I know from my inside dude that Philips paid his own way while at ICT ( Rent, bills etc) because he was on his Arsenal wage

I remember a certain young Mr Dickov away back in the 80s. The coach of Lothian schoolboys at the time was a certain teacher who went on to manage St Mirren ( and was a particular favourite of the posters on here!).

The certain teacher tried to advise young Dickov to stay on at school to gain a few Highers. However Arsenal were offering the lad £50k to sign on.

There are plenty of young players on 10k+ a week in the Premiership! I know from my inside dude that Philips paid his own way while at ICT ( Rent, bills etc) because he was on his Arsenal wage

His wage at Arsenal was somewhere in the region of £2k per week, possibly a little more but certainly not in the £10k region

all i can say is that i heard at arsenal he was getting a 5 figure wage

What an absolute load of rubbish, do you honestly think he was on £10,000 a week?

yeah most young youth boys are on that kind of wage with teams like Arsenal 

Arsenal who famously refuse to break their wage structure to keep hold of Van Persie, Fabregas and Nasri. Paying 10k a week for an 18 year old kid.

Don't be silly

Also the only amazing thing about this thread is that some posters dont understand sarcasm!

Edited by Sir C the 3rd

I have no idea how much Roberts would have been on at Arsenal, but I'd imagine it doesn't really matter as when you've got feck all money left in the kitty then you can't afford anyone :lol:

I like Roberts as he's a really decent and pleasant young man...maybe a bit too nice for his own good, especially on the pitch. It really annoys me that some people spout nonsense about him being arrogant and/or having attitude as I didn't see a single sign of that in him...as I said, quite the opposite.

Think he struggled a bit with the physical aspect of the game up here, but don't think he'll struggle to find another club as he clearly has something about him.

I hear that Steve Marsella has been doing his scouting at the local courts in England on a Monday morning looking for all the thug footballers in an attempt to unearth a few more hard men...it's where he found Warren, Draper & Devine so it should bode well for the incoming players this coming season.

(P.S. That last bit was a joke!!!)

I will chastise the players who told US about their opinion of Rastamouse. I would agree that he found the physical element challenging and he simply wasn't ready for the SPL although he was also stuck out wide too often and probably thought that he was better than he was given some of his greediness and poor passing. If he sets his sights lower in England and muscles up enuff he will turn into a good all- round footballer.

I heard a while back that Arsenal weren't going to keep him after the end of this season. Don't know how true that is, but that's what I was told.

I told you so!

Looks like I do have amazing contacts after all!

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/transfer-talk/news/meade-to-be-released-by-arsenal_86832.html

As mentioned on the other thread, Philip Roberts is to be released by Arsenal. I'd be less inclined to argue with you if you didn't use that awful phrase "i told you so" no one likes a smart Alec, i didn't brag when i said we'd finish top six and we did...