FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Boo's to players !

Fanoffooty

I ain't going to argue with you IHE because its just pointless.

How many of these guys will start v Juve you ask, well Forster, Matthews, Commons (as you said), then you have Pat McCourt, Tony Watt, Anthony Stokes, Rami Gershon and Tom Rogic that may make bench.

Then you have the young boys Joe Chalmers and Marcus Fraser who will one day be the future for Celtic so for us to lose to them is no disgrace.

I am saying no more in this as this will then end up as a thread with us arguing.

By the way, you are one of the good guys so don't want to fall out with you :-).

So we agree then - there were three first teamers and eleven reserves :cheer01:

Thought it was poor from the boy who booed Roberts, obviously felt he knew more about Roberts footballing ability than  Arsène Wenger, Terry Butcher and me! three recognised expert in that field. Roberts is only 18 I think and I'm guessing from way south of the border, Inverness must have seemed like the other side of the world, How many of us would have settled quickly in London at 18 and been successful immediately. I know booing can be part of football, but surely not booing you're own without very good reason. It smacked to me of bullying on Saturday verbally attacking Roberts when he had no comeback. I was incensed by the action of that paying customer and immediately got to my  feet to tell him to get up the other end with the away support and he did seem a bit taken aback at the reaction of me and other fans to his stupidity.

But please when discussing this gentleman refrain from describing him as fat, overweight, chubby, obese, bit of a porker, lard a**, tubby, big boned, or bunteresqe as these terms could also be construed as verbal bullying. He was also a bit of a ginger (like me) glad no-one mentioned that., I could also do with loosing a few pounds.

Any way onwards and upwards 2nd spot is fantastic this could be our best season ever.

Get behind the team and lets get behind Roberts

Edited by Agent N
  • Agree 3

Now there are different ways of looking at this. I wholly agree that the **** in the Hat is a knobhead. I have been a supporter of Roberts as I feel that he has real potential. BUT he is being played completely out of his comfort zone of a centre forward. Shure it is a learning process but he simply does not have the ball control or awareness to play on the wing. TB's persistence in playing him can only be denting his confidence. I am also informed that he is not the most liked individual in the camp. But my main frustration is that I feel that i have recently detected a degree of lets say non-urgency and sorry a bit of a couldnt care less attitude. That could well be becos of the manner in which he is being treated by some fans but it is not acceptable. Many may never forgive him for the penalty miss even though he should not have been walking up to the spot in the first place. I now cannot help but think that there must be summat in his extended loan contract to stipulate match playing time.

• Agree 1

Everyone is entitled to their view, if they want to moan and slag people off then its up to the player in question etc  to decide  if the opinion of that person carries any weight.

I can recall being in the Corriegarth some time ago one Sunday afternoon,  it was pretty quiet  and a guy in his thirties staggers in, I would say he was a local  going by the the nods and brief words said to a couple of people on the way in. he then decided to climb up the fire place  staggered to the bar picked up a rubber bar mat  held it with both hands and whacked it across the bar,  a young female bar staff member wandered through, spoke to him by name  and asked him what he would like to drink, as she was pouring a pint  he said to her  'your cracks pish'    she then  got into a conversation with  a drunken feckin idiot  to try  and improve his opinion of her. 

Im still trying to decide who was the biggest loser in the place,   him   or  her

If you have to waste your time proving yourself to losers then  who is the giggest loser.

While comments regarding the personality of the player may or may not be factual, as a paying customer(s) we the fans have a right to make comment on a players performance if its deemed to be below that which is accaptable. This includes when a player looks dis-interested, lacks motivation, looks to put in a lack of effort compared to his team-mates - those are facts and I'm sure many of those who have raised these comments also post positive comments when players perform well - as do the fans at the game giving players standing ovations etc, such as after the cup semi loss, nobody left early and EVERY player go appriciated.

At no point do I recall anyone on thsi thread suggesting 'boo'ing' a player is acceptable and most posters will condem this behaviour.

Not a fan of booing one of our own but I wonder if perhaps the booing was more for the managements decision to bring him on and not look to someone like Pepper or Sutherland? Roberts hasn't relaly shown an awful lot to merit a chance ahead of those two in my opinion. I'd like to see Pepper get more involved and Shane did okay off the bench against Killie.

Liam Polworth has had his character assasinated

Character assassinated?  :blink:

I like every other right thinking person, thinks it's stupid to boo your own players, particularly even before they've come onto the field.  I was saddened to hear some people with an IQ somewhere around room temperature booing Rory McAllister when he was warming up and came onto the field a few years ago.  I cringed when people booed Lionel Djebi-Zadi against County, no-matter how bad a performance he put in.   

In saying that, that's not to say that people don't have the right to complain.  Philip Roberts is a player who often comes on, as was the case  in the cup game at Kilmarnock and watched, for the best part of an hour, the action going on around him.  It was the same in December away to St Johnstone where he came on and simply looked like he couldn't be bothered.  His performance that day made Claude Gnakpa look like Gregory Tade.  As fans we have a right to criticise the attitude of a player, when it's glaringly obviously that they couldn't care less.  Booing before he goes on the field though, is not the way to do it.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

It's not just at matches that the boo boys have their say.  What amazes me is the ignorance of some so called fans who speak/comment on here about young players.

Nick Ross had his ability and worth questioned on here when he was still very young, Liam Polworth has had his character assasinated and now its time to publicly scrutinize & humiliate young Roberts (see post above),"I am also informed that he is not the most liked individual in the camp".  The stupidest statement from the post above is "TB's persistence in playing him can only be denting his confidence", what the f**k do you think your comments would do to the boys confidence!!

Some people need a reality check.  These are just normal young men, who have worked bloody hard in their younger years, to get where they are now. It's not the young players fault that fans put them up on pedestals like demigods then think they have some sort of privelege to tear them down whenever they are feeling frustrated with their own sad existence. 

Get off yer high horse - I have probably been one of the main supporters of Roberts and I have continued to promote his positives. It is no real secret about the reputation and Roberts and the others at the club are undoubtedly aware of it - that happens in all walks of life - what Iwas trying to point out was that such an atmosphere must have as big an influence on him than boos from the terraces. And Butcher IS affecting his confidence by preservation. It would appear that I know more about what I am talking about than an individual who can only attempt to pour personal abuse on the defenders of the hoof.

I am also informed that he is not the most liked individual in the camp

That's quite laughable, and a true sign that you are either havering or need a new "source".

You'd be hard pushed to find a more likeable, pleasant young man...and given how many of them we have at the club right now, that's same something.

Here's a challenge for you.  Instead of using your expertise to rip the team, players, management and club apart....why not try using them to explain why we have done so well, to date, this season!!!

• Agree 1

Are you grissle in disguise - once again the happy clappers jump on any criticism put forward and poor Johnny Mac gets the brunt. :cry:

I have been highly complimentary in the main of the team, players, management and club this season - some peeple always appear to focus on my negatives - which to me shows that I have actually hit a nerve. You may also find that I have amassed quite a collection of "likes" to boot. The one thing that you will never witness is me booing or criticising any player at a game - that to me is for pub talk afterwards and to get rid of your frustrations on here. Again if I make a criticism I always try to provide a rationale. Of course peeple will disagree and many will debate - and unlike the days of yore - I use pure sarcasm if required and not abuse. In fact the individual on here who is probably the most abused is Poor Johnny Mac !! :sad:

And as fer some jumped up puritan thinking that what is posted on here effects the confidence of browsing players - that is hysterical. :lol:  :lol:

Perhaps I should have been more guarded with the statement that appears to have created the unfair vitriol and usual condemnation but there are other posters on here who witnessed a certain conversation. :happy:

Rasatamouse as I like to refer him as (cue racism rant from Grissle - who is still watching :amazed: ) was one of my faves this season and I have attempted to protect him in a very paternalistic manner. I would hope that he himself is disappointed in his spell with us and he has not met my expectations - although I still feel that he is being played in the wrong position, fitted in to a rigid system and has been given to much match time recently and should be "spared" by the requisite benching. In respect to the feelings of others at the club he may wrongly come across as being arrogant - unfortunately that is how he is beginning to portray himself on the park. I can only hope that he is reading this as he appears to be a likeable, pleasant young man but is going through the University of Life and if he can accept criticism and alter his personna then he will progress even further.

Dare I say that similar criticisms have been made about the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney and Van Persie. :blush:

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

I ain't going to argue with you IHE because its just pointless.

How many of these guys will start v Juve you ask, well Forster, Matthews, Commons (as you said), then you have Pat McCourt, Tony Watt, Anthony Stokes, Rami Gershon and Tom Rogic that may make bench.

Then you have the young boys Joe Chalmers and Marcus Fraser who will one day be the future for Celtic so for us to lose to them is no disgrace.

I am saying no more in this as this will then end up as a thread with us arguing.

By the way, you are one of the good guys so don't want to fall out with you :-).

So we agree then - there were three first teamers and eleven reserves :cheer01:

Sorry - two first teamers and twelve reserves :wink:

Does anyone actually take what IHE say's seriously anymore ???

Many - usually the fellow posters who have a degree of intelligence and tactical awareness. My detractors usually attempt to personalise posts in order to deride me but are probably unable to debate or challenge my views in a rational and pleasant manner.

Many - usually the fellow posters who have a degree of intelligence and tactical awareness. My detractors usually attempt to personalise posts in order to deride me but are probably unable to debate or challenge my views in a rational and pleasant manner.

I wouldn't be unpleasant I actually find your posts entertaining, but take them serious you are are having a laugh. Of course you have much more tactical awareness than an ex England captain who has also played under some of the great managers. Your sources are more than laughable how many of the "my source has told me this is going to happen"have actually happened, over the years not very many, if any. I believe you over heard a conversation about Roberts at a game and this has now become your source. 

You used to say that this was your alter ego, I now believe you have started to believe your own hype. 

Gordie started it!

I wouldn't be unpleasant I actually find your posts entertaining, but take them serious you are are having a laugh. Of course you have much more tactical awareness than an ex England captain who has also played under some of the great managers. Your sources are more than laughable how many of the "my source has told me this is going to happen"have actually happened, over the years not very many, if any. I believe you over heard a conversation about Roberts at a game and this has now become your source. 

You used to say that this was your alter ego, I now believe you have started to believe your own hype. 

"Of course you have much more tactical awareness than an ex England captain who has also played under some of the great managers." - At last Gordie has grasped the concern.

I really wish that Richard Gough had got the managers post and we had McFadden playing out wide. It is my super ego by the way !!

"I believe you over heard a conversation about Roberts at a game and this has now become your source." - Again many thanks for believing Gordie - it is difficult not to hear a conversation when i is being directed at you.

Dinna start up again /ego trips/ personal attacks / or nonsense ! !      YELLOW CARDS to both !!

I feel like Gary Hooper - I was being pushed