FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

STIRLING V ICT - matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see there were no bookings as well. As if you get booked twice in the rounds you are suspended; not sure if there is an amnesty round later when your yellows are wiped off...

Good on the boys. Doubt we'll play the same formation against the Dons, but could to see them adapt well to the change.

I just hope the reason why Hastings wasn't in the squad, was because he was in talks with Aberdeen (as i'm constantly hearing rumours up here in the granite city, that there's a swap deal on the cards for Mackie)

only thing that spoilt my day was the BBC cutting off the online coverage half way through.

I can understand that games are subject to copyright, and maybe the first half of the Hearts game shouldnt have been broadcast on the main radio scotland site (as opposed to sportsound site) but couldnt somebody have thought to make the studio coverage they talked about available live on the internet .... there surely couldnt be any problem with copyright there ?

Also, why o why did some bright spark not switch back to the sportsound programme at the end of the game so we could hear the reports ? Its more than 20 minutes after most gamers have finished and I am still getting the 'contractual' message - utter b0ll0x

BBC Report

Craig Dargo returned to the Inverness starting line-up to ensure there was no Scottish Cup upset at Forthbank.

The fit-again striker shot home from close in after eight minutes and Dennis Wyness added a neat volley.

David O'Brien replied with a low strike in off the post but Roy McBain drilled in for the visitors and Dargo bagged a long range cracker before the interval.

Barry Wilson blazed in a shot and Alan Morgan completed the rout with a close range finish.

Inverness began impressively and opened up a two-goal lead inside the first 13 minutes.

Following misses from Graham Bayne and Ross Tokely, the breakthrough came when John Rankin dispossessed Steven Bell and crossed for Dargo to bundle the ball past Myles Hogarth.

Soon after, McBain's lofted pass was knocked back by Bayne and Wyness lashed home a brilliant volley from 18 yards.

The Second Division side hit back almost immediately after O'Brien ran on to a John Fraser pass and beat Mark Brown with a low shot.

But Caledonian Thistle soon restored their two-goal advantage when McBain collected a loose ball and found the net after his initial shot struck the legs of team-mate Wyness.

Four minutes before the interval, a moment of magic from Dargo saw the visitors settle the tie. The forward took possession in a congested area of the pitch, before hitting a superb 25-yard chip over the head of the stranded Hogarth.

Inverness showed no signs of dropping the pace in the second half and only two minutes following the restart the Highlanders scored again.

Wilson collected the ball 30 yards from goal and drove forward positively, prior to firing a low drive past Hogarth.

Rankin then fed the ball to substitute Morgan and the former Blackburn trainee managed to slip the ball home from an acute angle.

only thing that spoilt my day was the BBC cutting off the online coverage half way through.

eventually got it back just in time to catch the interview with CC - sounded fair enough, but I wish he would stop using "...a club of our size..." at the end of each interview.

Did sound like a nice day out.... wish I could have been there....

I thought it was an excellent interview with CC.... He watched Stirling Albion play Alloa, recently and was impressed enough to field his strongest 11.... This game was potentially a big banana skin... remember Ayr & Partick Thistle...., and look what happened to Killie today....

I got the impression that this was a thoroughly professional performance from CC & the boys.....

Great stuff for a "club of our size"....!! :021: :022: :021:

Guest SOOLIVAN

"Club of our size" my hairy black erse!!!! We're a top ten club in Scotland,consistantly and consolidated for three years now,about time we started believing it and shouting it from the rooftops

Excellent attacking performance, and a great travelling support. Great afternoon's entertainment.

Dargo looked sharp, and scored an absolute beauty that even the Albinos were applauding. For the avoidance of doubt I'm talking about his second. The first one ain't gonna win any awards!

But for me Wyness was clear man of the match. He was a constant threat, picking up the ball in midfield and running at them, shimmying, and linking up neatly with anyone in the vicinity. A joy to watch.  :021:

Sadly I have to mention that Rory still looked well out of his depth, even against a defeated and demoralised 2nd division side. He is destined for the Highland League, the sooner the better.

Yep, Denzil  :allhail:

All the moaners should remember that not so long ago it was a big deal for us to play the likes of Stirling in a league match. Now we're averaging 4900 in the SPL and they're getting 950 in div 2. All the CC critics have got nowt to complain about this week, a totally different performance and attitude from last year's sloppy displays against Ayr and P*rt*ck. The players did what they're paid for.

Also- the crowd was announced as 1500  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Usual Scottish Cup fiddle. AFAIK each of these stands holds 1250. The home one was full so they let the overspill use the terracing. We must have had about a thousand in our stand. The true figure is about 2200. The only question for me is, are ICT being fiddled or are ICT in on the fiddle?  :004:

Anyway they're oot so I suppose they have to make a few bob. Roll on Deveronvale or Plastic Whistle.

Well obviously everybody's still on the road tonight.

Just before I go out a special mention for the 3 Raith Rovers fans in our end today. The story is they thought they were playing Stirling in the league today....... surely a wind-up ?

Also Johndo borrowing the loudhailer at half time to shout over to the binos who banned him from the website :015: :015: :015: :015: Mind you I think his timing was bad as there was music playing......

Guest MIFTHEBINO

Well done today-we were beaten by a far better team.

I cant believe you thought you had 1000 fans at Forthbank today though. :015: The away stand holds 1100 and official break down was 1120 home fans and 404 away fans. I would say that was about right for you guys (I said 400 at the game) as you brought the same as Alloa did earlier in the season.In saying this-our stand holds 1250 and there was about 20-30 empty seats and about 70 Binos on the terracing. I would reckon 1300 home fans so the crowd should have been 1700-the reason it isnt is because of the amount of freeloaders that get in. The sponsors (Tennents ) dont get counted, plus youth players/first team players not playing add on our directors and your directors and that would make about 60. This would mean about 100 freeloaders in our end!This happens EVERY home game to us-its a joke!! :020:

Well done to the 50 or see wee boys with the drum for singing the whole game, but you will need to try and get some batterires for that megaphone as it was pretty quiet! :006:

Anyway, good luck in the next round guys.

Full match report is available on the front page of www.stirlingalbion.com