FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

STIRLING V ICT - matchday thread

Scotty

Guest MIFTHEBINO

Dargo looked sharp, and scored an absolute beauty that even the Albinos were applauding.

Yip, I clapped that goal-it was a cracker.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EASY EASY EASY

:003: :003: :003:

PIck of the goals were Dargo's second, Wyness' volley and Morgan's mazy run... CC had the tactics absolutely spot on and the team looked as though they mean business in the Scottish Cup.. btw everytime I see Rankin he looks like a better player... 65k well spent IMO

BIG shout out for our fans today, don't think there was a point in the game where we stopped chanting... all in all cracking day :003:

Sadly I have to mention that Rory still looked well out of his depth, even against a defeated and demoralised 2nd division side. He is destined for the Highland League, the sooner the better.

Have to agree, although the boy is still very young he just doesn't seem to have "it", also, while I'm having a moan, why was Zander not on the bench today?? The game was set up for him to run at the defence for the last 20 minutes... ah well 5hit happens eh..

6-1 to the caley jags

6-1 to the caley jags

6-1 to the caley jags

Guest MIFTHEBINO

Also Johndo borrowing the loudhailer at half time to shout over to the binos who banned him from the website :015: :015: :015: :015: Mind you I think his timing was bad as there was music playing......

I heard someone saying something about Stirling Albion, but tbh it was pretty quiet and he didnt sound like he was speaking English! :015:

OK, never realised the away stand was smaller. But still you're saying it was only about a third full? I reckon there was a section to the north end that was empty but walking about at half time there was hardly any space.......

Guest MIFTHEBINO

OK, never realised the away stand was smaller. But still you're saying it was only about a third full? I reckon there was a section to the north end that was empty but walking about at half time there was hardly any space.......

I have no reason to lie mate as I still thought you had a pretty good support consdiering the distance and the fact you used to bring about 50-100 on your last visits.

People stand up at half time and even in the home end it looks busier than it actually is. There was large sections of empty seats (its a pity there isnt a pic) and it was defo about the 400 mark-on par with Alloa,Ayr and Raith have brought to us this season. It looked well than haf empty from our side.

Morton have nearly filled it this season and I am sure they will on their next visit.

Well done to the 50 or see wee boys with the drum for singing the whole game, but you will need to try and get some batterires for that megaphone as it was pretty quiet! :006:

Considering the beenos were up against an SPL club today I was expecting your support to make a bit of noise, you lot just didn't seem bothered.  I live in Stirling so can understand that there are a lot of students that make there way a long to games for something to do but seriously I don't think I heard you lot start 1 chant!!

Mifthebino, did your team play poorly today? I expected a lot more from a team that has been having a great season and would surely fancy their chances, but couldn't work out if it was just because we were atttacking so well.

Guest MIFTHEBINO

Well done to the 50 or see wee boys with the drum for singing the whole game, but you will need to try and get some batterires for that megaphone as it was pretty quiet! :006:

Considering the beenos were up against an SPL club today I was expecting your support to make a bit of noise, you lot just didn't seem bothered.  I live in Stirling so can understand that there are a lot of students that make there way a long to games for something to do but seriously I don't think I heard you lot start 1 chant!!

Not trying to be condisending, but you arent a big team in our eyes-your on par with the Mortons and Livis of the Scottish league and are going through a good patch just now. :014:

Add on, our team played total mince,then there wasnt much to sing about! :009:

Just a few observations;

Duncan - Was gash, cannot pass a ball to save his life

McCallister -  Should learn to stop moaning.  Everytime he challenged (I use that term loosley) he would wimp out and then moan that he was pushed.  Grow up lad.  He should be offloaded to be honest.

Black - Disapointed to see him on the bench.  Sutherland should have been there

Caff - Needs some more confidence, there were times when he could have got forward but passed it back.

Towards the end of the game we were getting a bit negative.  Apart from that I was happy, even with a **** ear infection.  Even one of the lassies (maybe both, can't really remember) was quite attractive at the tea stand.  Pie was a bit cold, and when I first went for a coffee being told "Our water isn't hot enough" is not what I want to hear on a cold Saturday.  But £15?  What a bloody rip off.

Guest MIFTHEBINO

Mifthebino, did your team play poorly today? I expected a lot more from a team that has been having a great season and would surely fancy their chances, but couldn't work out if it was just because we were atttacking so well.

If we had played you a few weeks ago, it would have been a lot closer game, but I think you would have still won. We only had one striker able to play today and we were forced to play 4-5-1-Colin Cramb cant play in this formation and was too isolated today.

It was defo an off game for us as there was only once or twice we passed the ball about like we can (apart from at the back). I'm not sure if we gave you too much respect, but I thought you fully merited the scoreline.

Thinking back to having played Hibs,Hearts,Killie,Dundee Utd,Livi,etc in the last 10 years, I think you have been the best SPL side to visit Forthbank in that time!

You are defo a top 6 team IMO. All credit to your manager and board for this!

If I remember, I didn't pay that much for a ticket for the Partick Match.  I know for a fact that I wasn't charged that much for a ticket when we saw Ayr, or Partick in Glasgow.  And both times I managed to get a student ticket.

I don't think that those are your usual prices are they?

Guest Red Coach

There was a big difference in class today. ICT certainly went about the task with professionalism right from the start but I trhink things might have been different if we still had Shields at Forthbank. I agree with MIF that Cramb can't play on his own. Our midfield din't play to their potential.

Any way, good luck in the next round.

Guest MIFTHEBINO

Nope-you had 6 shots on target and scored them all-on another day a few of them would have went wide and we would have closed you down quicker.

I thought your shooting today was awesome. :019:

Guest MIFTHEBINO

If I remember, I didn't pay that much for a ticket for the Partick Match.  I know for a fact that I wasn't charged that much for a ticket when we saw Ayr, or Partick in Glasgow.  And both times I managed to get a student ticket.

I don't think that those are your usual prices are they?

Usually £10 and £5-the price was set by both clubs! :017:

All the moaners should remember that not so long ago it was a big deal for us to play the likes of Stirling in a league match. Now we're averaging 4900 in the SPL and they're getting 950 in div 2. All the CC critics have got nowt to complain about this week, a totally different performance and attitude from last year's sloppy displays against Ayr and P*rt*ck. The players did what they're paid for.

This is what I was getting at earlier about Charlie Christie - he (like me) still has fresh memories of Highland League days when Stirling in the cup would've been the highlight of the year - this is something that I think will stand us in good stead for these type of games.

1-6 great result kept the better run of late going my weekend is getting better all the time, regarding the £15 to get in, with respect id have happily paid that with hind sight if id have been luckily enough to make it there today and see the boys score 6 goals.

Today's result is now history. A few weeks back and we were very concerned about the danger of playing Stirling so great credit to the strategy employed. Remember that Morton are just in front of Stirling and they caused the upset of the round so far so our result looks very good in that context. However, we await the draw with caution and as I posted earlier Falkirk seems the most likely draw but Rangers., if they beat Dunfermline, has a ring about it with regard to the magic of the cup.

Just a pity Ross County gave up meekly.

£15 was good value today but with regards to crowd size - I agree with Mantis.

As I left the ground a steward thanked me for coming and wished me a pleasant journey home.  How refreshing!!!!!!

Great day out, never mind the ticket price, worth every penny! Or the shonky attendance figures  :015: I also was thanked for coming by a steward and directed to where I could smoke inside the stadium, hoe civilised! Stirling fans good crack in the pub, and their team made a game of it till the end. Made even more enjoyable by the abundance of joyous hugs from Mantis and Caley100, and meeting the wonderful RiG and Wyness Shuffle at long last. Bring on the next round!!!!

Some photos here

http://www.mee.veryblue.co.uk/caleythistle/Internutters.htm