FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Winless runs

Yngwie

I started a thread about unbeaten runs, so I thought I’d better balance it out with one about our longest winless runs in the SPL: I’d hate to be accused of being positive.

Our longest (league) run without a win is 10 games, which has been “achieved” on 2 separate occasions. I don’t think anyone will be surprised when I say that these both arose during Brewster’s 2nd spell. [shudder]

The 1st was in 07/08, January to March, and thank heavens for Gretna, who we beat immediately before and after that barren spell. This run included 7 straight defeats.

Next season, another 10 match winless run finally saw the end of Brewster in January 2009, shoes off and all that. A record of 8 straight defeats was set. Reminiscing about the dismal performances and results from back then should make us even more appreciative of the great times we are having now.

In 06/07, Christie actually endured a 9 match winless streak, which ended in spectacular fashion with Rankin’s brilliant late strike over Rangers, in a televised game just after Christmas. It takes something very, very special to get me dancing round the living room, but that was one of those rare moments. Our poor form leading up to the game made the victory even sweeter.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 1

And what, may I ask , were you doing in your living room. I was at that game and had organised a rare stay over in Sneck. it was a very cold day and I had been sitting motionless for several minutes when Rankin let fly. I can still remember, almost in slow motion, erupting to my feet . As I climbed higher and higher.......so did the pain. I had ruptured my calf muscle......I actually felt it seperating as I went. The long limp back to the Travelodge was undertaken with equal measures of joy and anguish. Two weeks off my work soothed things. Was that the season of the squiggler?

Note to self.........always warm up before exuberant celebration

• Agree 1

And what, may I ask , were you doing in your living room. I was at that game and had organised a rare stay over in Sneck. it was a very cold day and I had been sitting motionless for several minutes when Rankin let fly. I can still remember, almost in slow motion, erupting to my feet . As I climbed higher and higher.......so did the pain. I had ruptured my calf muscle......I actually felt it seperating as I went. The long limp back to the Travelodge was undertaken with equal measures of joy and anguish. Two weeks off my work soothed things. Was that the season of the squiggler?

Note to self.........always warm up before exuberant celebration

Lizzie massaging him in the travelodge.

Meanwhile I was getting wired into Caley100's 50th birthday present, Glenfarclas :lol:

Ha Ha!  poor Naelifts, nae luck eh,    reminds me of Alec Mcleods leap over the fence at the A9 side of the stadium after we won promotion the SPL in 2004, broke his ankle and couldn't make the celebrations!

That fence/gap has now been named ' Alec's leap' and has a plaque to say this on the fence, many tourists stop on the layby on the A9 and stare with wonder at what the feck he was thinking about on that day...

My hapless team has now gone 9 games without a win.. and 5 games at home without one...

If it wasn't for the 1200 mile round trip I would be up there with you lot this weekend rather than watch the **** I have had to endure the last few weeks

Still loving the results and the memories of our visit to you guys back in September

• Agree 1

Ha Ha!  poor Naelifts, nae luck eh,    reminds me of Alec Mcleods leap over the fence at the A9 side of the stadium after we won promotion the SPL in 2004, broke his ankle and couldn't make the celebrations!

That fence/gap has now been named ' Alec's leap' and has a plaque to say this on the fence, many tourists stop on the layby on the A9 and stare with wonder at what the feck he was thinking about on that day...

Twas 29th Jan 2005. First SPL game at TCS. 2-0 v Dunfermline

Watergate, Plebgate and now Plaquegate. Is there no end to it...?

Watergate, Plebgate and now Plaquegate. Is there no end to it...?

If there had been a gate I wouldn't have been injured