FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Josh's Red card

Big G

To be fair to the referee, who was right in front of the incident, black eyed Josh's movement for the trip did look like it came from an escaped panda from Edinburgh Zoo.

Great news but we are still 38 days from the cup final and a lot will happen between now and then to potentially change line ups on both sides. Meekings against Rooney should be interesting providing Richie looks after Jonny and, if he plays, Carl keeps winding up the Ginger Winge-er.

Lets all share a moment for Andy Carroll. One who wasn't so lucky with his appeal................nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Great news! Josh has been a rock this season and just gets better and better. Though I demand a full passport check. No way he is any younger than 30.

Most neutral observers would say that it was no way a red although clearly a professional foul so it's interesting to see how so many Hearts fans viewed it as violent conduct which it clearly wasn't. Great that for once the authorities showed common sense. Can further league or Scottish cup yellows now potentially lead to suspension for any of our players for final? I can't get my head around the over-complex rules for suspensions.

The thing i dont get is why the Hearts fans are so for the sending off. My mate agreed that it wasnt a red and looking at the highlights yes it was petulant and he knew what he was doing but he puts his leg across and was definitely a yellow but red was excessive. Right decision today but its funny that not one hearts fan mentions robinson 2 footed challenge, and they say that the SPFL are against them :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Surprised but delighted the appeal was successful normally it's only the old firm who win these appeals in my opinion

Huge boost for the final

Dougal

There's no Old Firm, Rangers died remember.

Anyway, excellent news.

Guest Mahonio

I firmly believe luck is on our side and we will WIN League cup :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

First, we win quarter Final in 120th Minute to beat Dundee U, then, we come from 2-1 down with NINE men to win Semi on Penalties having equalised in last few seconds of normal time and now, Meekings red being overturned, I had no confidence in it getting overturned.

Its written in the stars people ;). 

its funny that not one hearts fan mentions robinson 2 footed challenge, and they say that the SPFL are against them :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Harsh. Had a quick look, and there is more reasoned argument than I'd expect over there. Also at least 1 poster thought that Robinson's challenge was worse.

• Agree 1

Nor was he helped by the constant chorus of hysterical screams from the baying mob of mentally challenged fans in the home end claiming for every decision, no matter how ridiculous, through the entire 120 minutes.

Erm, we were the home side on Sunday.

Em no we weren't...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hearts/10613782/Inverness-break-Hearts-to-reach-Scottish-League-Cup-final.html

According to this Hearts were set up as the away side.

Hearts were officially the home side, which game them first choice on dressing room etc.

At TCS, ICT could choose to use the away dressing room but we'd still be the home side!

Anyway, the fact that it was played in Edinburgh is good enough for me, and "what a sh1tey home support!" was a great wind-up.

Edited by Yngwie

It's confusing to say the least.

The tie was Hearts v ICT, suggesting that Hearts were the 'home' team.

We had the Famous 5 stand, while Hearts had the other two home stands.

Hearts wore their away kit, we wore our home kit.

However, the only stat that actually matters is that we won 4-2 on penalties!

• Agree 1

Surprised but delighted. Would have been cold comfort though if our nine men had been overcome in extra time due to the ref's incompetence.

Credit though for the appeal system working and for the ICT fan who apparently put up the grand for the appeal.

Talk about paying for someone else's mistakes!