Team for Celtic

caleydawson

After seeing the total football that we have been playing in the last few weeks and how celtic played against Motherwell i feel if we play wingers then we should have a chance of taking all 3 points from the game. Problem for tomorrow is Raven has got a thigh injury from training which could rule him out so we might have to play shinnie at RB.

Brill

Raven* Meekings Warren Tremarco 

Draper

Tansey                 Christie 

Doran                                                Watkins

Mckay 

Bench: Esson, Devine, Shinnie, Polworth, Vincent, Pepper, Evans 

*If Raven is injured put Shinnie at RB and Williams on the bench 

No Shinnie?!  Eh?!

Brill

Raven* Warren Meekings Shinnie

Tansey Draper

Doran Christie Watkins

Mckay

Subs - Esson, Devine, Tremarco, Vincent, Ross, Williams, Polworth

* If Raven is out, Shinnie into right back and Tremarco into left back, with Cooper or Pepper coming onto the bench.

• Agree 1

---------------------Brill--------------------

--Raven---Meekings---Warren--Tremarco--

------------Tansey-------Shinnie--------------

---Doran----------Vincent----------Watkins---

---------------------McKay------------------------

Maybe swap Vincent for Christie.  A bit harsh on Draper but I thought our midfield was much more dynamic against County, Shinnie is good on the ball and can drive forward.  I'd like to see Christie get a start before the end of the season but throwing him into this game probably isn't what's needed.  He had some good touches against Aberdeen but was shrugged off teh ball a few times, Vincent can hold space better and is in a better position to drop back and help the deeper midfield players.

Given we'll be under a lot of pressure at Parkhead you could put Draper in midfield instead of Shinnie, who could replace Tremarco.

I firmly believe if we play attacking minded football we could score a fair few. Celtic's defence can be quite hot and cold and even at times so can Fraser Forester. I think it will be very important for us to score the first goal tomorrow. So my team would be:

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Tremarco

Draper Shinnie

Doran Tansey Watkins

Mckay

Guest Mahonio

Hope Hughes has learnt from his last visit to Parkhead and gets tactics right.

I always worry about how we line up v Celtic because playing defensively and going for draw doesn't always work and can be seen as "boring" but if it works then great and, play attacking then we are possibly going to lose heavily as Defence left exposed by left/right backs pushing forward.

For me it has to play on the break but don't leave defence exposed and take chances when they come.

Win and we are 5 behind Motherwell.

Draw and its 7 behind and lose and its 8 behind meaning we need to win last 3 and hope Motherwell lose their last 3 so imho, a win is a must but would be happy with a point.

Go Caley :ictscarf: :ictscarf:.

Guest Mahonio

This is probably best time to get Celtic imho because as Motherwell discovered last week, Celtic have moments of lapses of concentration.

Its key that Brill is on form and Warren needs another excellent performance as do all of Defence.

Also key that Doran and Watkins (or whoever plays on that wing) provide good crosses for McKay to attack. Hope young Christie gets a chance, will never forget his miss v Celtic in a 0-1 loss to Celtic either this season or last.

My prediction is 0-1 :ictscarf:.