FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Willie Collum worst ref in Scotland?(you bet)

CaleyMax

Another shocking performance by Willie C today in Perth. He seemed to forget which pocket he had his cards in. In the first half ICT played nice passing football, which seemed to force the opposition players into pretty agricultural challenges & clumsy grappling. Worthy of yellow cards, you bet. Second half Willie continued with the most UNBELIEVABLE pi*s poor decisions. Give it to him he is consistent. Unfortunately a living Legend but for all the wrong reasons!!!! :redcard:

Edited by CaleyMax
Spelling mistake
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

According to him kicking a player is ok to do.  I actually had to bite my tounge and try my hardest not to say swears. The man hates inverness and seems to have something against Christie. There was a few times that saints should have got bookings and never got. There was a few things caley should have got and never got 

• Agree 2

It would be interesting to see the statistics on how many penalties he awards, it seems like a crazy amount anyway. Think a few players have him round their finger. 

But his refereeing is appalling, and these guys performances are scrutinised and OK'd every week. It's mad.

• Agree 1

This is the problem with Collum, he is either card happy, when there is no need or issues very few cards when they are needed. Simply a dreadful and inconsistent referee. Take last week when he should have sent off Craig Gordon, what was really different from that scenario from the cup final when Tremarco got sent off, absolutely nothing in my opinion.

• Agree 1

Take last week when he should have sent off Craig Gordon, what was really different from that scenario from the cup final when Tremarco got sent off, absolutely nothing in my opinion.

There were three fundamental differences:

1) We don't play in green and white hoops

2) We don't have the word 'Glasgow' in our name

3) We don't have the word 'Celtic' in our name

He was terrible, and that is being kind.

WTF was blowing for half time before we took that corner about. Zero stoppage time played at the end of the first half.

Also kept getting in the way. What a total nob

I am no fan of Collum but he wasn't at his worst on Saturday. A referee can blow for half / full time at any point provided the allotted time / additional time has been played. He doesn't need to give an attacking team a chance to take a corner / free kick.

This is the problem with Collum, he is either card happy, when there is no need or issues very few cards when they are needed. Simply a dreadful and inconsistent referee. Take last week when he should have sent off Craig Gordon, what was really different from that scenario from the cup final when Tremarco got sent off, absolutely nothing in my opinion.

I think Gordon should have been sent off but I can see why it may not have been as clear cut as some people may make out. However the Tremarco sending off was a stonewall red card. No debate whatsoever.

He was frustrating rather than rubbish. As HtG says he got in the way a couple of time creaking up ICT attacks which was infuriating and I couldn't believe what I was seeing when Ryan Christie got booted to the ground and fell on the ball and Collum gave a free kick to Saint Johnstone for Christie illegally shielding the ball and stopping it from being played. Bizarre stuff.