FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sixth Place IMPERATIVE

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Tinkerville – 4 to play – minus 2 – 39 points

St Jones Town (a); ICT (h); Dungdee (a); Plastic Whistle (h)

St Jones Town – 4 to play – minus 2 – 39 points

Tinkerville (h); Jam Tarts (a); Arabs (h); Killie (a)

Dungdee – 5 to play – minus 2 – 36 points

Jam Tarts (h); Arabs (a); Tinkerville (h); Hamilton (a); Cellic (h) TBC

Muvversmell -  4 to play – minus 10 – 35 points

Arabs (h); Aberdire  (h); ICT (a); Cellic (h)

Plastic Whistle – 5 to play – minus 7 – 34 points

Jam Tarts (a); Aberdire (h); Cellic (h); Hamilton (a); Killie (h); Arabs (h); Tinkerville (a)

ICT – 5 to play – minus 6 – 33 points

Hamilton (h); Hearts (h); Tinkerville (a); Muvversmell (h); Arabs (a)

Hamilton – 4 to play – minus 17 – 30 points

ICT (a); Plastic Whistle (a); Aberdire (a); Dungdee (h)

Killie – 4 to play – minus 22 – 28 points

Aberdire (a); Cellic (h); Plastic Whistle (a); St Jones Town (h)

Arabs – 5 to play – minus 22 – 20 points

Muvversmell (a); Dundee (h); St Jones Town (a); Plastic Whistle (a); ICT (h)

I agree that we have to start pulling away from Killie and the “goal” this season has to be 10th place BUT the Hamilton game has suddenly become a Relegation six pointer – BUT if we get a result then we could potentially be back in sixth place. Again we have to be thankful that Killie have the worst run in of all. It is far from over yet which is why our recent performances and suspensions are so annoying.

I've stolen this from P&B with regards to the current bottom 6 playing each other not sure how accurate it is but doesnt make for nice reading

Current bottom 6 head to head form.

Dundee WDDWDLDDWWWDD  = 5 WINS 7 DRAWS 1 LOSS (22 POINTS)

Partick Th DDDLWDDWWWLD =  4 WINS 6 DRAWS 2 LOSSES (18 POINTS)

Inverness CT DLDDLDLWDWLDDL = 2 WINS 7 DRAWS 5 LOSSES (13 POINTS)

Hamilton DWWWDDWWLLWDW = 7 WINS 4 DRAWS 2 LOSSES (25 POINTS)

Kilmarnock LDWLWWLDLWWLLD = 5 WINS 3 DRAWS 6 LOSSES (18 POINTS)

Dundee Utd DLLDLLDLDLWWD = 2 WINS 5 DRAWS 6 LOSSES (11 POINTS)

Tinkerville – 4 to play – minus 2 – 39 points

St Jones Town (a); ICT (h); Dungdee (a); Plastic Whistle (h)

St Jones Town – 4 to play – minus 2 – 39 points

Tinkerville (h); Jam Tarts (a); Arabs (h); Killie (a)

Muvversmell -  3 to play – minus 9 – 38 points

Arabs (h); Aberdire  (h); ICT (a); Cellic (h)

Dungdee – 4 to play – minus 3 – 36 points

Arabs (a); Tinkerville (h); Hamilton (a); Cellic (h) TBC

Plastic Whistle – 4 to play – minus 8 – 34 points

Jam Tarts (a); Aberdire (h); Cellic (h); Hamilton (a); Killie (h); Arabs (h); Tinkerville (a)

ICT – 4 to play – minus 7 – 33 points

Hearts (h); Tinkerville (a); Muvversmell (h); Arabs (a)

Hamilton – 4 to play – minus 16 – 33 points

Plastic Whistle (a); Aberdire (a); Dungdee (h)

Killie – 3 to play – minus 23 – 28 points

Cellic (h); Plastic Whistle (a); St Jones Town (h)

Arabs – 4 to play – minus 23 – 20 points

Dundee (h); St Jones Town (a); Plastic Whistle (a); ICT (h)

This just feckin emphasises where we could have been with three points today – 8 points in front of Kille with a game in hand. Still 5 points in front of Kille and 14 points in front of the Arabs.

Top six may be a distant prospect now but still not quite impossible.

Whether it's a last effort to get into the top six or vital points to stay ahead of the relegation battle tomorrow's trip to Dingwall is huge and a draw would favour County much more than us as it would consolidate their place in the top six and their lead over us.

If we win this match and our game in hand over Hearts we will be on the same points total as the Dingwall men and could still pip them for that place in thetop six. Personally, to end the league season, for once, in their shadows would hurt almost as badly as ending up in the Championship.

There is no room for negativity either on or off the pitch we need to go all out for the win. I know we are all scunnered after recent results and performances but let's get overthebridge in good heart, good voice and good numbers to roar Richie Foran and the boys to victory and take a bit of the shine off their trophy and a bit of gloss off that five minute open top bus parade around Dingwall while at the same time turning our end of season around.

• Agree 8

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 1:18 PM, Kingsmills said:

Top six may be a distant prospect now but still not quite impossible.

Whether it's a last effort to get into the top six or vital points to stay ahead of the relegation battle tomorrow's trip to Dingwall is huge and a draw would favour County much more than us as it would consolidate their place in the top six and their lead over us.

If we win this match and our game in hand over Hearts we will be on the same points total as the Dingwall men and could still pip them for that place in thetop six. Personally, to end the league season, for once, in their shadows would hurt almost as badly as ending up in the Championship.

There is no room for negativity either on or off the pitch we need to go all out for the win. I know we are all scunnered after recent results and performances but let's get overthebridge in good heart, good voice and good numbers to roar Richie Foran and the boys to victory and take a bit of the shine off their trophy and a bit of gloss off that five minute open top bus parade around Dingwall while at the same time turning our end of season around.

Prophetic, Kingsmills - can you suggest the same before every game, please?

Now, call me an optimist, but I don't think top 6 is impossible. 7 points from Hearts, Motherwell and United might just about be enough, if other results go for us. Essentially, we probably want top 4 to win all their games (except Hearts against us!) and for there to be a lot of draws between other teams in the mix. Some strategic wins for United might aid the cause too (e.g. Tomorrow). I've got to admit, it would be sweet if we were to pip County to 6th with a last minute Vigurs goal at United!

Top 6 is still a possibility.   There are still many combinations of results which could do it for us.  I've left St Johnstone out because I think they will win at least  one of their two remaining games, giving them 46 points.  Our best is 45 by winning all 3 games.

Partick could get to 46 by winning all 3 of their remaining games, but that would mean Ross Co only getting to 43 max.

Dundee could get to 46 but that is unlikely, as they have to play Celtic and Ross Co. Even if they won those two, then Ross Co could only get to 43 max.

Ross Co could get to 46 by winning their last two games, but then Dundee and Partick could only get to 43 max

Motherwell could get to 47 but surely will not get beyond 41 as they play us and Celtic.

If we were to beat 'Well and Dundee Utd but only draw with Hearts, that would put us on 43 as well.Then it would be down to goal difference between up to 4 teams, which could be very tight indeed

So, by my maths, 45 will definitely do it for us, 43 we'd still have a shout, any fewer than 43 we'll probably miss out.

All still to play for then.  We have to play like we did against Count for another 3 games.

Come on lads, you can do it.

Onwards and Upwards!

• Agree 6

......if it's down to goal difference, we're in good shape. Hopefully, Celtic will put a few past Motherwell and Dundee. If we're to get to 43 points, the worst our goal difference can be is -2. I think that'd be enough. CMON!

• Agree 1

Motherwell winning on Sat was a big result, doubt many expected them to get points in their last few games other than against us, which we would have had in our control. There's so many possible combinations of results, its hard to know where we will end up. I do think 2 wins from the next 3 and if we miss Top 6, we should be clear of any relegation threat even in the bottom 6.

The unpredictability of the league, equal quality teams, inconsistency, surprise results, thank god this Armageddon period will end next season and we can get back to boring predictability!!!!

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Top 6 is still a possibility.   There are still many combinations of results which could do it for us.  I've left St Johnstone out because I think they will win at least  one of their two remaining games, giving them 46 points.  Our best is 45 by winning all 3 games.

Partick could get to 46 by winning all 3 of their remaining games, but that would mean Ross Co only getting to 43 max.

Dundee could get to 46 but that is unlikely, as they have to play Celtic and Ross Co. Even if they won those two, then Ross Co could only get to 43 max.

Ross Co could get to 46 by winning their last two games, but then Dundee and Partick could only get to 43 max

Motherwell could get to 47 but surely will not get beyond 41 as they play us and Celtic.

If we were to beat 'Well and Dundee Utd but only draw with Hearts, that would put us on 43 as well.Then it would be down to goal difference between up to 4 teams, which could be very tight indeed

So, by my maths, 45 will definitely do it for us, 43 we'd still have a shout, any fewer than 43 we'll probably miss out.

All still to play for then.  We have to play like we did against Count for another 3 games.

Come on lads, you can do it.

Onwards and Upwards!

It's a tiny bit out of our hands, if other results go our way 1 win and 1 draw is enough. If results don't go our way 9 points isn't enough but 6 is maybe do able,  7 points is looking very promising.

Will be clearer after the next round of games.

Points off of Motherwell keeps them in the mix alongside County.

Yes this is getting very interesting and changing from game to game.

St Jones Town - 2 to play - Arabs (h) and Killie (a) - +1 goal difference and 43 points - two very difficult games but capable of 4 points at least - predict 47 points = TOP SIX

Muversmell - 2 to play - ICT (a) and Cellic (h) - - 8 goal difference and 41 points - that could mean a "must win" at Sneck. ICT win and they could drop out - predict 41 points = BOTTOM SIX

Tinkerville - 2 to play - Dungdee (a) and Plastic Whistle (h) - -5 goal difference and 40 points - again two difficult games but can see them winning at home - predict 43 points = BOTTOM SIX (on goal difference)

Dungdee - 3 to play - Tinkerville (h), Hamilton (a) and Cellic home - -3 goal difference and 37 points - Tinkerville is the biggie, Hamilton should be a breeze and nowt v Cellic - predict 43 points - TOP SIX (on goal difference)

Plastic Whistle - 3 to play - Killie (h), Arabs (h) and Tinkerville (a) - -7 goal difference and 37 points - Can see them beating Killie and then nowt - predict 40 points = BOTTOM SIX

ICT - 3 to play - Muversmell (h), Jam Tarts (h) and Arabs (a) - - 4 goal difference and 36 points - Can see us getting 7 points out of that - predict 43 points = TOP SIX (on goal difference)

Hamilton - 2 to play - Aberdire (a) and Dungdee (h) - - 17 goal difference and 33 points - Can see them staying where they are and in a real dog-fight - predict 33 points = BOTTOM SIX

Killie - 2 to play - Plastic Whistle (a) and St Jones Town (h) - -24 goal difference and 28 points - Draw at the most at home - predict 29 points = BOTTOM SIX

Arabs - 3 to play - St Jones Town (a), Plastic Whistle (a) and ICT (h) - -23 goal difference and 21 points - Can see them getting a win in Maryhill - predict 24 points = BOTTOM SIX

So the league positions going into the split:

4: St Jones Town - 47 points

5: Dungdee - 43 points

6 ICT - 43 points

7 Tinkerville - 43 points

8 Muversmell - 43 points

9 Plastic Whistle - 40 points

10 Hamilton - 33 points

11 Killie - 29 points

12 Arabs - 24 points

COME AND HAVE A GO IF YA FINK YA ARE HARD ENUFF - MUN

I think we may be more likely to see us beat Hearts than DUtd. Honestly see the form of the Arabs improving all the time and a draw from there now would be a good result - with MacKay and Ofere starting to work together they have a dangerous attacking force who can cause damage. Still think 7 points is achievable but 6 of those in our home games.

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

I think we may be more likely to see us beat Hearts than DUtd. Honestly see the form of the Arabs improving all the time and a draw from there now would be a good result - with MacKay and Ofere starting to work together they have a dangerous attacking force who can cause damage. Still think 7 points is achievable but 6 of those in our home games.

I had thought the same from some of their recent results but after watching the derby game I change my thoughts. Arab defence is still abysmal. The only reason they looked dominant at any time in that game was as a result of Dundee sending off

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the top six and eventual bottom two places may well go to the wire

Dungdee - 2 to play - Cellic (h) TUESDAY and Hamilton (a)- 0 goal difference and 40 points - Don't think that they will take points against Cellic. Hamilton could be the decider. If it was at home end off BUT ?

Tinkerville - Plastic Whistle (h) - -8 goal difference and 40 points - If this was 2 months ago it would be a no-brainer BUT ?

Plastic Whistle -  2 to play - Arabs (h) TUESDAY and Tinkerville (a) - -7 goal difference and 38 points - What a game against the Arabs - six pointer for both clubs BUT if they do not pick up points then ?

ICT - 2 to play - Jam Tarts (h) TUESDAY and Arabs (a) - - 5 goal difference and 36 points - Beat the Jam Tarts and we are back in it BUT reliant on other results. Avoiding relegation is the aim. BUT ?

Hamilton - 2 to play - Aberdire (a) TODAY and Dungdee (h) - - 17 goal difference and 33 points - Lose today and it is a must win next weekend at home. BUT ?

Killie - 1 to play - St Jones Town (h) - -24 goal difference and 29 points - Can see them getting at least a draw. St Jones Town have nothing to play for. BUT ?

Arabs - 2 to play - Plastic Whistle (a) TUESDAY and ICT (h) - -22 goal difference and 24 points - Can see them getting a win in Maryhill and then they will be on a high. BUT ?

Best end to a season ever ?

Yes it could all change again on Saturday. Our Fat Lady is at the dress rehearsal stage (for the Top Six - at the moment) and it is now out of our hands. We need to win both our games and hope that Dungdee get hammered and Tinkerville draw with Plastic Whistle. BUT if we win at Tannadump we go 15 points in front of the Arabs with 5 to play - lose and we are 9 points in front with 5 to play. And then there is also the remaining Jam Tart game. We win both and Killie get beat then we go into the split able to forget about the Arabs and 13 points and far superior goal difference in front of Killie. Lets ensure safety and start planning ahead and putting some youngsters on the park.

• Agree 5

Survival is key.

best way to do that obviously is by sneaking into top 6, but I think we've left ourselves too much to do. Again. 

Win against Dundee Utd, Hearts game insignificant. Beat Killie and Hamilton post split and we're all good. 

Killie automatic relegation, Hamilton/Utd in playoffs.....

Even the bottom six games are looking interesting if other results don't go our way, for home games United, Killy, Dundee / Ross County

Partick and Hamilton away.

There's a few different possibilities 

A possible top six is Celtic, St Johnstone and 1 more to balance things up.

Edited by 12th Man

Well the fat lady is singing but she may still be smiling and laughing. Personally the bottom five games are better for us, especially if we pick up another three points on Tuesday. Looking forward to Hamilton and the Plastic whistle and will hopefully get a home midweek match when I am back in Sneckie - hopefully Dungdee. Beat the Jam Tarts and 10 points and a better goal difference than Killie will ease any nerves. When are the fixtures announced.