FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Referees Today and Tuesday

Alex MacLeod

1 hour ago, AlexJones said:

Beaton had a better game than most of our players. 

Let Macdonald away with murder. No booking for Lasley at the penalty. No booking at the end for celebrating with fans, allowed Ripley to waste ridiculous amounts of time. And that's just for starters. 

Oh oh and missed a push by Draper and a bit of basketball by Vigurs - who he was standing right beside. He was woeful in the 9 man semi v Hearts, and has pretty much matched that nadir every other time I have seen him. 

If we could have Andrew Dallas for the Dundee Utd game, then my shyte ref bingo card can be completed in a week

Edited by HawkeyeTheGnu
  • Disagree 4

5 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Maybe the refs we get have had bad games, certainly Collum in the past, but recent defeats have had nothing to do with poor ref decisions and everything to do with poor management or player decisions.

No. The refs we get don't have bad games. It is a general poor standard of officiating that runs through Scottish football. The inconsistency is a killer, both in the same game, and game to game. Ripley should have been taken to task for time-wasting yesterday. Fon Williams has had a number of cautions for time wasting when doing pretty much what Ripley did yesterday.

I am in no way saying that our poor results are down to refereeing. Tactics, and personnel have that more than covered. I don't think that we are having game changing decisions given against us. But you just need to look at other games (not involving us) to see the dearth of competent officials in our game. I am starting to wonder if there is a scheme to make Collum look average. 

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 5:38 PM, AlexJones said:

Beaton had a better game than most of our players. 

No he didn't and how he missed the foul on Storey bursting through towards the end of the match was a joke. He simply turned his back and ran away. At every free kick for us, Motherwell deliberately stopped us taking the free kick quickly and did this all through the game. All the ref had to do to stop this, which he could have done, was to book someone. Poor refereeing has cost us this season on more than one occasion although it is not just us who suffers.

The refereeing standards are now so poor in Scotland, it really needs to be fixed quickly as they are ruining games.