2-Rangers..........49 853   (2)

3-Hearts............16 870    (4)

4-Hibs................14 659    (5)

5-Aberdeen........12 337    (3)

6-Dundee Utd....  7 081    (10)

7-Kilmarnock......  6 950    (6)

8-Dunfermline....  6 241    (12)

9-Motherwell......  6 136    (9)

10Falkirk............. 5 579     (eight)

11St Mirren......... 5 342     (11)

12Inverness C.T. 4 904     (7)

These figures suggest to me the the club is still "over performing"

Well done to CC and the team.

Our home attendances are obviously affected by geography, as seen with the away crowd of 125 brought up from Dundee,

This will become more apparent next season when Gretna come up for a midweek game in a cold/wet november night.

The club have started to address this(hopefully) by cheap / free tickets for youngsters.

said it a few times already but the club need to have something special up their sleave this summer to boost season ticket numbers, i honestly think we could get 1,000 more with a slight price decrease and alot of positive news over the summer with regards to players, possible stadium improvements, new investment etc.

**** even charlie chalk could appeal to inverness and say 'we dont want to be a small club anymore, come shut me up and do something about it'

Kencar  What sort of maths is that?  Even excluding OF/Dons, I thought our lowest home gate was still 3000+, so it would take some doing for average to be 1000 or less!!!

Think Kencar was saying it might be 1000 less, not 1000 in total !!!

I did a bit of analysis .... our average gate for the season so far is 4849 for our first round of home games (11) and 5052 for the second round of home games (4 so far with probably 3 more to come in total - this weeks game V Pars and likely 2 at home after the split). When you take out the old firm, that drops to 4276 (1st rd) and 4241 (2nd rd) so it works out to a drop of around 636 per game over the course of a season if you take out the OF.

Over the course of the season we are currently 3.12% down on last season and that rises to 6.99% when you exclude the OF so it suggests people are definitely picking and choosing games and deciding to give some games a miss !!!

There are a couple of anomalies that you could point to - we are nearly 20% down on attendance Vs Aberdeen but our one home game this season was moved to a night game and our 2 games against Hibs this year attracted nearly 35% less than the single game last season ... but that one was on Boxing Day so maybe more folk were around and available ....

Charlie, I saw that figure of 204 being bandied around.

If they had 204 then I am an Arab, it looked more like two bus loads, certainly less than 100, they must have stayed in the pub to watch something else than turn up at the stadium if we say they had 204 tickets.

signed

sheikyermannie4thejob

probably an ignorant quetion this but how do they actually work out attendances?

i mean because i have a season ticket am i automatically counted as being at every game???

im sure i remember at one game the crowd was rumoured to be over capacity iirc

Once you've completely mastered Statistical Thermodynamics, Quantum Mechanics and Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, you are then ready to start an elementary study of the enigmas, anomalies and mysteries of working out the official crowd at a football match.

Err..so we just count eh....arithmetic?

Anyway as Mannie says whoever counted 204 was counting eyes ala Victoria park.

probably an ignorant quetion this but how do they actually work out attendances?

i mean because i have a season ticket am i automatically counted as being at every game???

As every season tkt holder will confirm, as you pass through the turnstile a numbered voucher is torn out and handed over, this plus pay at the gate numbers are added for the turnstile total.

The confusion as has always been is corporate/business/freebies/hospitality numbers, but i dont think there will be a huge difference in actual and quoted crowds, except of course in cup games.

As every season tkt holder will confirm, as you pass through the turnstile a numbered voucher is torn out and handed over, this plus pay at the gate numbers are added for the turnstile total.

The confusion as has always been is corporate/business/freebies/hospitality numbers, but i dont think there will be a huge difference in actual and quoted crowds, except of course in cup games.

Also, every gate has a counter attached to make the totting up that little bit easier

dundees big team is celtic

Na ,that's Lochee's big team,sadly OF are too many towns big team,thats half the problem  :007:

thats scottish football for you

Yer no wrang Clacher, wiz workin away last week,had an overnighter in Forfar of all places and went along to a pub to watch the Cellic/ Milan gemme. 20 mins prior to kick aff wiz me ,barmaid and two lassies(who i was trying to explain offside rule and aggregate score to) in the pub.About 10 mins prior to kick aff at least 30 "fans" bedecked in Cellic taps and scarves drifted in for "their teams" game .speakin to the barmaid after she said it would be the same next night for Rangers game.  Sad really,but typical :020: