FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pars line up

Taking into account the comments from some of the more tactically minded posters following the Killie game I suspect CC will utilise:

Fraser

Hastings Dods Caff Tokely

Sutherland Rankin Black Wilson

Paataleinen Bayne

It is a winning formula which will become known as the "feckthewidthcutinside" formation. The opposition will be baffled when we constantly cut inside and not because of any favoured foot either. If all our players do it at the same time the energy will form a vaccuumesque goal funnel and the ball will be passed upfield in a pinball fashion and clinked into the goal. The most important players in this formation are the defensive"flippers" - Hastings and Tokely and the midfield "flippers" Sutherland and Wilson plus the stopper - Fraser. In defence we just stay in the above formation and the other option is to hoof the ball - but due to the positions - the ball will not travel straight forward but will naturally turn into a cross field pass.  Why didnt we feckin think of it before.

WildSnake-Pinball-Soccer.gif

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

You slate Christie for playing Zander on the right and then choose him for that position in your own fecking  formation  :steward:

...  I rest my case :003:

I'd go..

Fraser

Tokely  Caff  Dods  Hastings

Duncan

Wilson  Black    Paataleinen

McAllister    Bayne

I'd go..

Fraser

Tokely  Caff  Dods  Hastings

Duncan

Wilson  Black    Paataleinen

McAllister    Bayne

Take out Rory and stick Rankin in there with Johnny boy dropping to midfield and you've got yourself a deal.

Going to the game?

You slate Christie for playing Zander on the right and then choose him for that position in your own fecking  formation  :steward:

...  I rest my case :003:

I'd go..

Fraser

Tokely   Caff   Dods   Hastings

Duncan

Wilson   Black    Paataleinen

McAllister    Bayne

I thought exactly the same thing, but I think IHE has got written his team the wrong way round. He's put the left side first.

Aye I did see that in the news. I am going to this one because I never go to the games at Parkhead or Ibrox so I can afford this one. I expect a game to rival the Barca v Madrid game last weekend otherwise I will not be getting a season ticket next season.

Aye I did see that in the news. I am going to this one because I never go to the games at Parkhead or Ibrox so I can afford this one. I expect a game to rival the Barca v Madrid game last weekend otherwise I will not be getting a season ticket next season.

Zander is twice the player that Lionel Messi is :004: :016:

Doubt it...

Anyway, CC has some record to keep up, ICT have never lost to Dunfermline since we gained SPL status, but the pars are fighting for every point, so will we see a tight, boring 0-0 or will it be a 7 goal thriller ending 4-3 for us?

My moneys on the 0-0.

But the only ray of hope is that Dargs is back and gives us some teeth up front, which is what we have missed big time this last 2 months.

I was wondering when someone would remember about poor Dargs.  He scored in the first few minutes at the reserve game, so let's hope he does the same tomorrow.  Suggestion on the radio that McSwegan might start.  :017:

I have a feeling it'll be the same team as the game against killie, with CC hoping that our defence is tighter this time against a "less dangerous" strikeforce...

Really hope Put-a-line-on keeps his place.

I might even make this game, as i'm back in Inverness playing the Ironworks that night. If soundcheck is over quickly, i can get up to the stadium in time hopefully!

Here is the Dunfermline team news.... (good to see Burchill is doubtful!)

DUNFERMLINE STRIKER MARK Burchill looks set to miss tomorrow’s game against Inverness Caledonian Thistle despite scoring for the reserves this week.

Burchill, who is on the mend following a double-hernia operation, netted the Pars’ only goal in a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Hibs at East End Park.

He played the full 90 minutes on Tuesday, but is feeling the effects, manager Stephen Kenny said.

Kenny had hoped to include him in the squad to travel north, but it looks as though the Caley game has come too soon for the 26-year-old.

The Pars boss told Courier Sport, “He’s short of fitness and is unlikely to play against Inverness.

“He played the 90 minutes against Hibs, but is feeling a bit stiff so we’ll have to assess how he is.

“It’s more likely he’ll play in the reserves against Hearts at Riccarton next week.”

Kenny is also without Darren Young, who has a calf injury, and Greg Shields, who is struggling with a hamstring problem.

Skipper Scott Thomson, who has been on the long-term sick list with a troublesome achilles, has resumed light training but Kenny said it was still too early to say when he would be back to full fitness.

Meanwhile, Shields has set his sights on a Scottish Cup semi-final return after admitting he was naive about his torn hamstring.

The experienced former Charlton and Kilmarnock player is planning to start training with the rest of his team-mates in the next fortnight in the hope he will be fit for the April 15 showdown with Hibs.

With the Pars languishing at the SPL basement nine points adrift of safety, Shields’ seven-week absence has left him tearing his hair out.

The 30-year-old suffered an aborted comeback two weeks ago as he made the problem worse by returning to training but he plans to give himself the best chance of being fit for Hampden next month.

“The aim is to try to get back for the semi-final,” he said.

“I am hoping to start training again with the boys at the end of March or the start of April.

“I will start jogging and pick it up from there.

“I have been doing a lot of bike work in the gym and doing a lot on my hamstring.

“It has been very frustrating and perhaps I have shown a bit of naivety with this injury.

“It is an injury that is new to me and there is a fine line between being OK and not.

“I started back jogging before the Partick Thistle game a few weeks back and that was all right but it’s when I started to sprint that I found a problem.

“I got found out and the doctors said it made an even bigger tear.

“If I come back again too soon and do it again that could be me out for the rest of the season