FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

dargo signs with........

Jaggy666

Got to admit the 'Well rumours are stronger than the others that have been around .... hope he stays, but if he goes, then good luck to him, he did a job for us and scored plenty of good goals.

You may well turn out to be right Jaggy666 but I think most of us on here would be a bit disappointed/surprised that he's made such a sideways career move when allegedly much big teams than Motherwell were in the frame to sign him

Maybe I'm out on a limb here, but if this rumour is true, will we miss him that much?  He hasn't exactly been a prolific scorer this season.  I know he has been injured but nevertheless his goals/game ratio must be way down on last year.  I'd settle for a fully fit Wyness back in the team.

8 in 23 games is a decent strike rate although it is lower than last season for him. However, lets not forget he was out injured for a fair bit of time.

league goals this season from strikers .....

Bayne - 5 in 33

McAllister - 1 in 17

Wyness - 1 in 19

McSwegan 0 in 9

I think those numbers speaks for themselves, unless of course we want to score all our goals from midfield/defence

Rankin 6 in 31

Wilson 4 in 31

Dods 4 in 31

Munro 2 in 31

Paatelainen 2 in 7

Tokely 2 in 32

McBain 1 in 29

Answer - yes we will miss him if he goes !!

You may well turn out to be right Jaggy666 but I think most of us on here would be a bit disappointed/surprised that he's made such a sideways career move when allegedly much big teams than Motherwell were in the frame to sign him

I was thinking about this and it's not that much of a sideways move. He would make more money than he would with us while still playing first team football c.f. Mark brown who will be on more money but not a chance in **** of starting a game. If anything it would actually be a very smart move indeed.

Latest on Dargo from the Press & Journal 19/4/07.......

Caley Thistle manager Charlie Christie is willing to be patient in his attempt to keep striker Craig Dargo at the club beyond the summer.

Former Kilmarnock forward Dargo, the club's leading scorer last season, is out of contract at the end of the campaign and has yet to commit himself to a new contract with the Caledonian Stadium club.

The player has made clear his desire to assess his options before signing a new contract in Inverness.

But, with fellow SPL side Motherwell the latest club to show an interest in the forward, Christie admits he has no idea where Dargo's future lies.

He said: "Craig has said he will leave it to the end of the season and we've made him an extremely good offer.

"We want him to stay at the club and he knows how much I value him as a player.

"But to be realistic, there may well be several other clubs competing for his signature.

"I must stress we have heard absolutely nothing from any team and there has been no approach from anyone."

With Inverness enjoying a rare free weekend due to the Scottish Cup semi-finals last weekend, Christie and his coaching staff used the time to view some more potential signing targets.

The Highlanders need one more win to be sure of their SPL status for next season.

But Christie is stepping up his squad strengthening plans for next season as Darren Dods will leave to join Dundee United.

I was wondering why I couldn't find any ICT stories on the new P&J site and I found this story in the Aberdeen section!! D'oh!!