FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee Crunch game

tm4tj

Be interesting to hear from those there today.

Based on the BBC text, I will take that. It keeps things in our own hands for the Ayr game.

Partick and Ayr slipping up has helped too, but sadly CaleyHedgehog’s title dream is over.

County are starting to look a bit detached at the bottom of the league: it would be nice to pass them on the way up!!

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 3

I'll take a draw.Dundee threw everything  at us first 20 mins and could have been one up but the striker missed a sitter.As the half went on we came more into it.Second half similar  start for Dundee and they had all the pressure.Don't know what happened for their goal, was Ridgers unsightly by  defender.Good subs by Dodds today at the right time and as the game went on I thought we could have pick pocketed them and stolen a result.At the end of the day the boys did well to get a draw and with other results going our way we have play offs in our hands.

• Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Ah well!  Title dreams over, but play off in our own hands if we beat Ayr. It is just possible that a draw will do against Ayr, but that depends on how Morton, and PT get on in their final 2 games.    But, first of all lets just enjoy the day out at Hampden next week.  Good luck lads.

• Like 2

My automatic promotion dream is over, but I do not regret having faith in a team who have been amazing in the last few weeks and who have been crippled (sorry) by injury at times in the season. 

Things are even more nerve wracking now, with most of the contenders for the play offs still having a game in hand. We will have one eye on the league while we are away for the cup semi final next week.  Hoping Arbroath, Queen's Park and Raith Rovers can win their games, since we can't catch QP without a massive amount of goals now anyway.

Things are going right to the wire and our game against Ayr will be a nail biter.

Well done boys today - enjoy your day at Hampden. :ictscarf:

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

At the end of the day, that was a good point, considering I thought Dundee were going to blow us away in the first twenty minutes, we could hardly get in their half, and their striker missed a sitter. They were quicker than us and had sharper passing, but didn't trouble Ridgers too much. I didn't see what happened for their goal, it looked very scrapy and we did well to come back. Dodds got his subs right today and when we went to a back three and pushed Carson into midfield we started to cause Dundee some problems, which resulted in our equaliser. I thought at the end we might just steal it, buy we have to settle for the point. So it's down to the Ayr game now, and by Friday 5th, we will know exactly what we have to do.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

Well at least that puts all this title dreams crap to bed!! 

Let's go on and secure our play off place now!! 

We looked very tired today especially in the 1st half. However a hard well deserved point in the end! 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2

A gritty performance today to get the point and nearly snaffling three towards the end. We miss Welsh in the middle but have to say Allardice did the work of two. Dan Mackays run to create the equaliser was good and Samuels kept the heid to finish. Still plenty to play for; dust down and on to hampden 😃

• Like 2

Really missed Welsh in the middle, just someone to hold the ball and give the defence a rest. Well done to Cammy for giving it his best shot but when Carson moved in there you could see a big difference. Thought Duffy did ok when he got on so that’s your right back sorted for next week! 
great subs by BD. Taking on the pace that put the frights up Dundee. Well done Danny McKay as well - touch is still pretty poor but looked determined when he came on and it was a cracking cross for the goal. 
Dundee are a tidy side up front and they pressed well resulting in a lot of misplaced passes. Was delighted to get in at 0-0 but slow start to second half as well, however but he end Dundee we’re clinging on  

good atmosphere as well! 
onwards to next week!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Here's the overview from our report

As you Were

Dundee came North looking to all but wrap up the title. Inverness were on a six game winning streak and looking to force their way into the play-offs with this late run.  There was a blow for Inverness with influential captain Sean Welsh missing, although defender Wallace Duffy was the mystery returnee this week. Jay Henderson returned after suspension with Austin Samuels, Dan Mackay and Aaron Doran on the bench with Duffy. Dundee had their big guns out for this one with perennial pest Paul McMullan on the bench. Strike pairing of Jakubiak and Robinson would be a handful.  A magnificently observed minutes applause for Tommy Cumming set the scene on a dry but breezy afternoon. As it panned out it ended all square. Dundee were quick out of the blocks and pestered Mark Ridgers early on without creating the clear cut chance to open the scoring. Level at the break, the Dark Blues continued in the same vein after the break and made the breakthrough on the hour when Lyall Cameron scored. However we have been resilient of late and substitute Austin Samuels earned us a point with fifteen minutes remaining as we came back at Dundee to quieten their raucous support who firmly believe Billy is a short rotund person born out of wedlock! Morton and Cove were the only winners today, so as you were at the top of the table as we hang on to third place. 

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts
Table after todays games
1. Dundee 34 16 11 7 61 37 59
2. Queens Park 34 17 7 10 59 45 58
3. Inverness CT 35 15 10 10 51 45 55
4. Partick Thistle 34 15 8 11 61 43 53
5. Ayr United 34 14 10 10 58 42 52
6. Morton 34 13 12 9 49 41 51
7. Raith Rovers 34 11 9 14 44 46 42
8. Arbroath 34 6 15 13 29 45 33
9. Hamilton Ac. 35 7 9 19 31 63 30
10. Cove Rangers 34 7 9 18 37 73 30

Friday 28th April

Dundee v Cove Rgrs

Saturday 29thApril

Ayr Utd v R Rovers

Morton v Queen's 

Partick v Arbroath

• Like 1

Further to my earlier comment and I don't  like being overly critical, but I wish we would stop sending high balls to Billy Mackay.They haven't  worked all season and didn't work today.The Dundee number 5 won every one of them.When we sent long balls to the wingers we did better.Missed Welsh today as he can control things from the centre of the park.All said and done though a good point fought hard for.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Spot on Douglas. Billy was dwarfed by the defenders and was given little opportunity to get in behind them. Better when we used the pace of Dan Mackay and Austin Samuels. Duffy also offered his services late in the game when we pushed for a winner. Gritty stuff from us as we were firefighting for large parts of the game. End result was what was important and we never lost. Cheers :drinking06:

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Robert said:

I see the crowd was 3822: a lot of travelling fans presumably but was there a higher than normal home crowd?

I thought 1200-1500 and they were in fine voice and as usual Billy Dodds was getting a lot of stick :lol: although he would not be bothered by that.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

Further to my earlier comment and I don't  like being overly critical, but I wish we would stop sending high balls to Billy Mackay.They haven't  worked all season and didn't work today.The Dundee number 5 won every one of them.When we sent long balls to the wingers we did better.Missed Welsh today as he can control things from the centre of the park.All said and done though a good point fought hard for.

I have said all season that we haven't scored one goal from playing Hoofball, but continue to use it in most games, and create most of our chances and goals by playing fast passing football on the deck. Great run from Dan Mackay setting up the goal, we could be doing with a lot more of that.

• Agree 4

It is so frustrating when we keep passing the ball back to the keeper and sideways especially when we go a goal down when we should be driving forward, attack attack attack is when we are at our best and score goals.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Robert said:

I see the crowd was 3822: a lot of travelling fans presumably but was there a higher than normal home crowd?

Reckoned there was about 1200 away fans. The main and north stands were a bit fuller. 

• Like 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic