FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Raith Rovers (a) Sept23

tm4tj

Best we played all season to be fair but as per usual we can't score and we keep letting in cheap goals at crucial moments in the game cause we have a leaky defence. Just a recipe for disaster..... we could've literally been 2-0 up by HT but our quality in the final third is so poor... for a coach who used be a striker his players aren't the best at finishing. 

• Agree 3

49 minutes ago, jagster said:

Surely Dodds must be gone tonight take Kellacher and Wilson with him also Gardiner and Robbo

They all need to go . Scot Gardiner has done nothing for the club but give it bad exposure and actually cost the club money with his failed concert fiasco etc and there’s probably more we are not hearing of so has failed our club miserably and financially . Dodds should definitely go now and this muppet should follow him out the door . 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

The only good thing to come out of this is that Raith now know that we are far superior to them. Could easily have been 3 or 4 ahead at the break. Dabrowski was MotM for a string of saves in the first half. However, despite our defence picking them off easily, we conceded a late goal and the rest is history 😡

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SMEE said:

ICT dont have the cash to pay off Dodds. Could be another Foran situation unfolding (Board acts after the damage has been done ...ie relegation)

Thats so easily solved so that does not need to be used as an excuse . Get rid of our useless non speaking scot Gardiner and also the elusive John Robertson . That money would more then likely pay of Dodds contract and also go towards a coach that actually  knows how to coach . . 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Our goals conceded record in the league isn't terrible, and I think we're focusing too much on the wrong end of the park.

Just a quick napkin calculation, but if we'd scored about 1 in 5 of the chances created, we'd be doing pretty well.

18 minutes ago, STFU said:

Our goals conceded record in the league isn't terrible, and I think we're focusing too much on the wrong end of the park.

Just a quick napkin calculation, but if we'd scored about 1 in 5 of the chances created, we'd be doing pretty well.

Well in Dodds' last pre match interview I'm sure he was saying he wasn't worried about us scoring and 'we'll score plenty' or something along those lines. 🤷‍♂️

50 minutes ago, STFU said:

Yeah, All very well, but the records say we got beat (again) and we didn't score and we are still bottom of the league.  Dodds can f**k right off.

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, caley1 said:

Thats so easily solved so that does not need to be used as an excuse . Get rid of our useless non speaking scot Gardiner and also the elusive John Robertson . That money would more then likely pay of Dodds contract and also go towards a coach that actually  knows how to coach . . 

Agreed : awful to watch a once great club being run by people who seem not to care and worse have zero accountability.

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 2

Whoever had the final disastrous decision to award the tactically naive talentless excuse of a coach a two year deal, needs to be first out the door. It smacks of giving him protection against the sack. In one of the Wyness Shuffle podcasts, Gardiner was asked about how close we were to changing the manager when we were on that eleven game winless run, and he said something along the lines of very close, so, any CEO worth their salt wouldn't have handed out a two year deal, when they know that he has that in his locker, it should have been at least a rolling contract, or in a perfect world, Dodds would have left after the Scottish Cup final, with nothing, that would have been in the best interest of the club, which the CEO is supposed to be responsible for, instead of putting them in such a perilous position. Is another defeat today against Raith acceptable to the club now? Or are they waiting till we hit eleven games without a win till they act?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, caley100 said:

Yeah, All very well, but the records say we got beat (again) and we didn't score and we are still bottom of the league.  Dodds can f**k right off.

I agree.  My post was not intended as any kind of defence of the situation.  If anything it further highlights how far out of his depth Dodds is.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

We were unquestionably the better side yesterday but we seem completely unable to convert the chances we create and always look likely to throw one in. 

Dodds says after our latest capitulation that he wants to give the fans something to celebrate.  The surest way to achieve this noble objective is by him tendering his resignation today. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

43 minutes ago, ymip said:

We were unquestionably the better side yesterday but we seem completely unable to convert the chances we create and always look likely to throw one in. 

Dodds says after our latest capitulation that he wants to give the fans something to celebrate.  The surest way to achieve this noble objective is by him tendering his resignation today. 

It’s got that bad his interview is not even been listened to now by fans it’s excuses after excuses just utter dribble after dribble .

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

Not the best keeping from Ridgers for that Gullan shot. Always feel keepers shouldn't be beaten at the near post and he didn't seem to expect the shot. Credit to Gullan for taking it so early but think we could have done better there. 

Hard to be objective or see anything positive when we’ve just lost again on the back of a disastrous start of the season. I’m not going to defend the players, manager, CEO or any other official here (the results lay bare our shortcomings). 

Their is an air of resignation and acceptance from most of the fans that irrespective how much they complain or register their dissatisfaction the club batten down the hatches and adopt a bunker mentality and ignore any criticism.

I wasn’t at the match but taking in the comments from the fans that were, the performance of the team was good and should or could have taken something from the game if we would have put the ball in the net, (their goalie had a good match by all accounts)!
The defence appears to be improved and tighter which is where bulk of our losses came from. 

So there are signs of the team getting it finally together. It wouldn’t surprise me if we carried this over to next Saturday and finally get a win!!

I don’t take BD’s line he wants the win for the fans, it’s to save his own skin. A win against DU keeps BD secure for now. I’m all for getting rid of SG, but unless the Chairman and Board have the courage and conviction to challenge him nothing will change.

Slow signs of improvement by all accounts, but far too late!! 
bc

Edited by big cherly

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

Not the best keeping from Ridgers for that Gullan shot. Always feel keepers shouldn't be beaten at the near post and he didn't seem to expect the shot. Credit to Gullan for taking it so early but think we could have done better there. 

Was wondering about that too, but giving him the benefit of the doubt as the shot was hit powerfully and through a pretty crowded penalty box. Very well taken goal actually, but an absolute sickener for us.

Davie Carson was turned inside out for the goal, Mark was very slow to react. Beyond that the highlights showed some effort on our part to score. In some ways it would be nice to hear someone in the club mention relegation is clearly a possibility if we continue as now. That would recognise the situation. My concern is that the Cup Final created an illusion as did Billy becoming all time top scorer.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic