FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fc Augsburg

dougal

Tm4tj or Yngwie here is a positive post for you both

Ok we are all used to short sightedness since ICT were born from various inept boards that’s something even the most fervent happy clappers can’t really argue with!

Inverness is twinned with Augsburg in Germany has anyone from ICT ever thought of contacting FC Augsburg to strengthen the bonds further between the two cities.

FC Augsburg are now an established bundesliga outfit would it not be great to get some of their fringe players over here to get game time it would greatly benefit both clubs. 
Their loanees would be far superior to the jobbers we attract from the Vauxhall conference or the seaside leagues. 

Even setting up pre season friendlies would be a positive first year in Scotland the next in Bavaria what’s not to like we could build up a strong firm friendship. 
ICT fans would travel for such a trip I know I would German beer and Bavarian women are marked upgrades for a start. 

Thoughts?

Dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Well Said 1

19 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

We can barely as a club afford to run buses to the friendlies in Elgin, Brora and Costa del Lossiemouth, so doubt they will be able to fly the squad to Germany.

^^^^
this is the short sightedness I talk about I think the above is more due to the fact that ICT fans willing to travel to yokel villages are thin on the ground.

What do you think big Duncan is getting paid then ? 

what an odd post 😳

Dougal

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Duncan isn't paid by the club.

Keep fishing but try using fresh bait.

So can whoever is playing Duncan’s inflated wages not foot the bill for the German trip?

Fail to see how you know who is paying what are you on the board ?

Dougal

• Funny 1

6 minutes ago, dougal said:

So can whoever is playing Duncan’s inflated wages not foot the bill for the German trip?

No. The idea we spend money on players for a jolly over to Germany on what will undoubtedly be a loss msking trip just to facilitate a fan going on holiday is wild.

Anyways, we are so ***** why would a top tier German club want to play us. Probably need to get them agreeing to that before anything else.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Funny 3

I remember watching Augsburg play over here one summer in the eighties, they weren't top tier side then and we were Highland yokels. They used to fund summer trips every few years if I recall rightly.

• Well Said 1

Was over there for their game on Sunday and the difference is night and day.

1. Queues for scran aren't out the wazoo and they actually have enough staff to hack it. Staff also appeared to be entirely made up of local teenagers/college students, which presumably kept costs down

2. Ample free space outside to mill about in and get food and do activities in (similar to Gardening Leave's grand tailgate visions, not that we have space for it).

3. (Nothing we can do about it but) pints, glorious pints, with a partial refund scheme where if you bring your cup back rather than binning it, you get a discount on the next one, and they had vendors going up and down the stand with drink.

4. The ground itself is quality, nearly all of it is terraced/safe standing and the entire stand behind the goal is up on its feet throughout. Unlike here where you've a higher chance of taking a Werthers Original to the back of the skull for letting someone out than you are seeing us win a game.

There is things we can probably take away from it, but as for us going over there for a friendly, as much as I'd like it to happen, I can't see it happening any time soon, but I can't see why we can't get a partnership scheme set up where we get dibs on their academy players who are needing that extra kick up the arse in terms of gametime.

20240225_192637.jpg

• Agree 1

On 2/26/2024 at 1:04 PM, buckett said:

Thought the purpose of town-twinning was to provide jollies for Councillors, VIPs etc., all sponsored by the generous Council Tax payers!

A fair point Buckett on hindsight such a trip would indeed attract some of the worst type of Invenessians I.e the  local press the pretend journalists the free loaders and the hanger onners!! 

Probably do more damage to Inverness than good.

Dougal

• Agree 1