Robbo

A friend of Robbo's was telling me a few week's back that he was laughing at the fact ICT were paying him for doing nothing. I thought he was talking past tense, clearly not!

• angry 1

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Pretty sure he is an employee with a normal employment contract and a notice period, not someone on a fixed term contract like a player.

Going by the article he was contracted.

2 hours ago, dougal said:

So Robbo was getting paid by the club while they spent most of his time at the Global Staduim working for the media or taking in the County games? 

Mind boggling. ICT definitely a club like no other 🥹

Some of the revelations that are coming out now are hard to believe to be fair 

Dougal

I think the whole situation is getting to me because for once I actually agree with you, someone knock some sense into me again 🤣

Genuinely though, I think and fear that there's a lot more to come and a lot more that we'll never know about until it's possibly too late.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

58 minutes ago, Rebus1746 said:

A friend of Robbo's was telling me a few week's back that he was laughing at the fact ICT were paying him for doing nothing. I thought he was talking past tense, clearly not!

Tbh, we'd all do the same wouldn't we, regardless of love (or maybe lack of) for the club, you would accept it and would definitely be laughing about it especially when you are freelancing all over the place at the same time.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, STFU said:

Going by the article he was contracted.

The journalist wouldn’t know or care what type of contract he was under - and in either contract type he is still under contract until expiry of the gardening leave so we can’t conclude from that alone.

If he was on a fixed term contract it would surely have been set to expire at the end of a season, not 9th June.  9th June is exactly 7 months from 9th November when he was relieved of his duties, implying an agreed/negotited notice period.

34 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

The journalist wouldn’t know or care what type of contract he was under - and in either contract type he is still under contract until expiry of the gardening leave so we can’t conclude from that alone.

If he was on a fixed term contract it would surely have been set to expire at the end of a season, not 9th June.  9th June is exactly 7 months from 9th November when he was relieved of his duties, implying an agreed/negotited notice period.

I would caution getting caught up with correlation vs causation on dates.  Especially pertinent for a role which would require some post season work/tidying up.

It was also stated by the club that he was leaving to pursue other opportunities in the game.  That would suggest he was free to do so or had something lined up.  It certainly doesn't give any indication of gardening leave, continued payment or any restriction on him taking other employment.

It's murky whichever way you view it.

• Agree 1