FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sportscene

troublegum007

Anyway those of us available to view the highlights and were unable to travel to Motherdump would have seen not very much.

Feckall from the first half, Cowie lobbing when he had time for 2-3 paces and a blast... Hastings staying away from the player on the wing giving him ample time to pick out O'donnell, and a penalty decision which i cannot comment on except to say Granty was daft to jump in at that position.

ok - managed to see the highlights (legitimately) and it was pretty grim. However, I couldn't help focusing on Ross Tokely's shirt.

Since he signed for the club, I have always seen him referred to as T-O-K-E-L-Y in any paperwork, teamlines, or indeed in spreadsheets or other documentation regarding the stats .......

so can someone explain this .............

[attach=1]

post-2-1186962330.gif

ok - managed to see the highlights (legitimately) and it was pretty grim. However, I couldn't help focusing on Ross Tokely's shirt.

Since he signed for the club, I have always seen him referred to as T-O-K-E-L-Y in any paperwork, teamlines, or indeed in spreadsheets or other documentation regarding the stats .......

so can someone explain this .............

[attach=1]

:rotflmao:

Another symptom, I fear, of the sad decline in education standards, growth of txt spk & general laziness when it comes to our beautiful language. I blame the parents, the teachers, the police, but most of all I blame Gordon Brown who must bear the ultimate responsibility for this.

He was quick enough to gather together COBRA when terrorists, floods and foot and mouth struck...well Mr Brown, what are you doing about this?

At the very least Gordon Smith should be summoned to Downing St to 'video replay' this awful simulation of the English language. Then and only then will justice prevail and ICT will be docked, at the very least...err 3 points, err, no, that's not right...Charlie Christie, err, put on trial, no...

Sorry I seem to have lost my way here... :029:

:tic01: 

Well, more and more often these days even the BBC news and /or Sports reports are  written but not checked for spelling , grammar, etc. This does sadden me since this would not have happened in the good old days.

I am not having any problem viewing the highlights of the ICT matches on the BBC Sportssound links. You DO have to have Real Player in place to view them, however, since apparently the BBC have nott yet got round toodoing a deal with Windows and do not use the latter's Media Player for broadcasting steaming video.

About the penalty at Motherwell-in my view the video clearly shows that the guy had lost the ball without any chance of recovery prior to Munro hitting himso how could it be a penaty. Does that mean if a player who does not have the ball at his feet falls over a divot in the penalty box then it is now a penalty? I think the ref was very quick to give the award.

Better luck nexzt week. Has anyone got some comments about the overall performance of Niculae ? :029:

O.K. maybe I will try again. My last attempt to post here resulted in the post disappearing.

Penalty--not a penalty since the Motherwell player had lost the ball completely without hope of recovery before Munro had tackled him.

Perhaps not a dive exactly since Munro got his legs under him and he had to fall over.But a prety soft one none the less.

BBC standards in both Sports and general News reports online are rarely checked for grammar or spelling nowadays and I deplore the former icon of excellence going downhill alongside all the other baloney in society these days. Sometimes they even miss out words so that you have to read the sentence again just to try to get the gist of what is intended.

I don't blame the reporters but their reports are just not edited for correctness anymore.

You need Real Player (NOT  the Windows Media Player which is not supported by the BBC streaming video) in order to be able to play these streaming video clips of the matches.

I have no problems at all receiving them--I first found them via the BBC Sportsound website -- there are links there to the video. Actually it's great getting anything about the matches  here in Canada and the Video has now been greatly upgraded by the BBC.