FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Big Bobby Mann

Guest CALEY108

If , as it appears is the case, there is a shortage of decent affordable

centre halfs in both English and Scottish football at present, would it be too  much to hope that are contacts in Eastern Europe cannot turn up another 'Niculae' in that particular position......awfully disloyal to Stuart

all this, I know, but we can't afford to be sentimental.

Unfair to say Bobby couldn't get into the Dundee team last season,i believe it was more to do with personalities than football abilities as he was player of the year by a country mile the season before,(not a lot of competition mind) that said, i would have serious doubts he could play SPL football again.

I've heard that he's only to be take in as cover and only on a 6 month contract.  He has to be better than no cover at all and lets face it, there are far worse players out there we could be signing as cover than Bobby Mann.

Really? There's not many if there is!

Is this not the reason we have a reserve team? To be in reserve if anything happens to your first team!

As a professional SPL outfit surely we must employ a network of scouts who in turn have a number of tipsters on the lookout for the next decent signing. It's a bit pointless having this set-up if our favoured tactic is to see who left us in previous seasons and then go on bended knee asking them to return. His only reason for accepting would be because his career has gone belly-up and we would be his ticket back into the spl wage bracket.

There's plenty more fish in the sea.

Well at least Big Bobby is a footballer, something we missed last weekend. I think you lot are way off the mark, he could do a job for us and would be worth a six month contract, no ****.