FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Big Bobby Mann

Guest CALEY108

:crazy07: :crazy07:please no, he was hardly blessed with pace in his younger days , surely we should be looking at moving forwards rather than back ? or is that the best we can do for another centre half ?

Guest TinCanFan

Not sure going back is a good thing, but maybe he can still do a job for us?!?!?

I don't think that's so because many ICT players like Wilson and Hastings have left ICT and then been quite successful when they came back.

Not sure going back is a good thing, but maybe he can still do a job for us?!?!?

I don't think that's so because many ICT players like Wilson and Hastings have left ICT and then been quite successful when they came back.

Mmmm :024:  Apart from Denzil there are not 'many' players to return, never mind be successful.

Guest TinCanFan

Mmmm :024:  Apart from Denzil there are not 'many' players to return, never mind be successful.

You're right about the last comment but ICT have had quite a few players who have left and came back.  They include: Barry Wilson, Richard Hastings, Ally Ridgers, Dennis Wyness and Charlie Christie.

Average age of those guy re-signing was less than 28 and well worth the punt on 'frees'...

The legend that is Bobby Mann is 33. Sorry, but I think somebody somebody should be paying us to add him to the wage bill.  

christie didnt leave ict and come back, he left inverness thistle, and came back and signed for caley . he was with caley at the time of the merger , if i am not mistaken

You coming along on Sat then Oats?

Unless you've got a holiday booked in Canada of course  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Nearly forgot- Bobby Mann- Nonononononono!

I've heard that he's only to be take in as cover and only on a 6 month contract.  He has to be better than no cover at all and lets face it, there are far worse players out there we could be signing as cover than Bobby Mann.

come on !! mcswegan was signed as " cover " and he didnt do anything except pick up a wage, mann got out of the club due to family reasons, are we that desperate that we want to sign a bloke who made it clear he didnt want to be there ? is that a sign of our ambition that we cant look past the players we had? nope for me its a step in the completely wrong direction we need to look forward and we are not doing that with this signing , to be honest i am disgusted its even being considered

Had a look at whats available down south on PFA website and to be honest there ain't a lot of central defenders looking for work. Of the 41 listed as on transfer list about half are lightweights and the remainder under 20 or over 33. Most are from the London area so likely wouldn't come this far north anyway. Truth is there are no players available.

Bobby Mann was excellent when he was with us, and rightly in my view, is now a nominee for the Hall of Fame.  But that was some years ago, since when Bobby has struggled to keep his place at Dundee, and it would seem, even at Peterhead.  I don't think you can turn the clock back. Let's remember Bobby as the legend he was, and not (like McSweggan) finishing his career with us very much as a bench warmer